4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Best game I’ve seen from him so far but obviously a small sample size. He’s so much better than McTominay based on that switch alone.

JuriM

Not 90min ready yet, but got some time in now. Saturday another time.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
A lot better further forward as we already knew. Bruno needs to look over his shoulder.
He didn't play further forward. If anything, he played a bit deeper.

I think he's a proper player, just need to find a way to use him. The more he's involved in our play the better. Seems to be doing a lot of positive stuff when given a chance.

Banana Republic

A really good showing, considering he hasn’t played since mid-August and has just come back from injury, missing 5 games.

He clearly wants to work hard and fight for the ball.
No problems with his attitude and commitment.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Silly question but he hasn't had another kncok has he? Got a bit worried with the HT sub

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's a very good player. The role question remains when all available, but that's a rare occurrence for us so it's not a big deal. Would like to see him on the right, but suspect it'll be Bruno right. Mount, amrabat and casemiro trio will be really strong though.

RuudTom83

Palace offered nothing tonight but it was noticeable after all the United lads had about 20 touches each...it all began to flow.

Great match to get rid of some cobwebs.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Either he looks a bit lost at his new position or he just doesn't impose himself on the game enough. We had shite tactics to pass the ball around to defenders with any kind of pressure but I would hope Mount to pick up the ball and try to do a bit more. Hopefully it's to manager's dull or let's say more pragmatic tactics.

Then it's good to have him back and get him some fitness.

Andersonson

He will come good. New system, new club etc, he showed some signs he can build on today. And he is a fighter, we need that in the squad

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Either he looks a bit lost at his new position or he just doesn't impose himself on the game enough. We had shite tactics to pass the ball around to defenders with any kind of pressure but I would hope Mount to pick up the ball and try to do a bit more. Hopefully it's to manager's dull or let's say more pragmatic tactics.

Then it's good to have him back and get him some fitness.
How did you not notice him pinging those lovely cross-field passes? Our opening goal was a direct result of one. Also linked up well with Hannibal to almost get a cutback froM the byline. Plus that brilliant first touch to set up a half volley cross their keeper did well to punch away.

Considering he only played 45 minutes I thought he was pretty influential. An all round good performance. Very encouraging.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
Brilliant at getting over to the full back on the switch from the middle. Much smarter off the ball than Bruno in his pressing.

Leethal

Some good stuff when he had the ball. Just didn’t get on the ball enough.

Dominos

Much better performance than the first 2 games.

Was a little worried at half time he'd got injured again but good news it was pre-planned.

gaffs

Where does Mount fit in the team now?

We will see in a few months, but it looks like ETH may prioritize solidifying the midfield and putting Amrabat next to Casimiro, rather than Mount and Bruno as two 8's.

Mount is a quality player - wherever he player he will be effective.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout

We will see in a few months, but it looks like ETH may prioritize solidifying the midfield and putting Amrabat next to Casimiro, rather than Mount and Bruno as two 8's.

Judging from his comments when he first joined I think Ten Hag's probably told him that he'll be the first choice 8 in a very short time. I love Bruno sometimes but he can't press or play under pressure like Mount can, and if we're looking to be press resistant and play with this high press then I hope Ten Hag just bites the bullet and plays just one of them.

Trying to play both leaves our DM exposed. Hannibal showed that we need someone dynamic playing alongside Mount whilst he goes on his regular wanders around the pitch. Case and Amrabat as well. Having said that, with Pellistri showing that he isn't cut out for the RW role we've got a gaping hole where Fernandes or Mount can go. It's not even close to being ideal but having one of them in that spot with their technical ability is better than our current options.

Stadjer

Hopefully he shuts more than a few of you geniuses up. It’s been totally unbearable non stop whinging about a player just in the door for fecking games he wasn’t even available for.
But.. but... he cost 60m and wears the 7 shirt! Surely that makes it okay to whinge whenever he doesnt score, assist and also wont dribbles past 3 opponents every game?

But yes i agree, its been weird to read so much moaning about a player that hardly played for his new team. Atleast give him a chance before writing him off.

mav_9me

He's a very good player. The role question remains when all available, but that's a rare occurrence for us so it's not a big deal. Would like to see him on the right, but suspect it'll be Bruno right. Mount, amrabat and casemiro trio will be really strong though.
Really looking forward to it. Hopefully this weekend.

MadMike

I think with Sancho and Antony out, he’s liking to start games going forward, switch between RW and #10 with Bruno.

I hope we start playing Amrabat and Casemiro regularly as CM pairing. The Case-Mount-Bruno experiment at the start of the season didn’t really work.

gaffs

Judging from his comments when he first joined I think Ten Hag's probably told him that he'll be the first choice 8 in a very short time. I love Bruno sometimes but he can't press or play under pressure like Mount can, and if we're looking to be press resistant and play with this high press then I hope Ten Hag just bites the bullet and plays just one of them.

Trying to play both leaves our DM exposed. Hannibal showed that we need someone dynamic playing alongside Mount whilst he goes on his regular wanders around the pitch. Case and Amrabat as well. Having said that, with Pellistri showing that he isn't cut out for the RW role we've got a gaping hole where Fernandes or Mount can go. It's not even close to being ideal but having one of them in that spot with their technical ability is better than our current options.
I cant see a world where Mount forces Bruno out of the team.

stw2022

He's a phenomenal player. His movement off the ball and his anticipation of how play will develop and influence his positioning is great too. The idea this guy isn't going to be the first man on Ten Hag's team sheet needs putting to bed.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Excellent yesterday. His football intelligence has to among the highest in the entire squad at least amongst midfielders and attackers. He also has a surprisingly great long ball on him - Chelsea fans did mention it.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
He was very good today. He's better suited to play with Hannibal or others that look to combine as opposed to Bruno
It may be true at the moment but we will need them time to develop that chemistry. Bruno is used to be the sole creator. But having Bruno, Mount and Hannibal in the squad gives us options now.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
How did you not notice him pinging those lovely cross-field passes? Our opening goal was a direct result of one. Also linked up well with Hannibal to almost get a cutback froM the byline. Plus that brilliant first touch to set up a half volley cross their keeper did well to punch away.

Considering he only played 45 minutes I thought he was pretty influential. An all round good performance. Very encouraging.
:lol: :lol:

I think he only notices or judges a player if he dribbles past 2-3 players --- then returns again to nutmeg them for good measure. 'Now thats a United player!!'

NoPace

This is extreme overreaction to a League Cup game but it's hard to see anything but this as our first choice lineup for this season:

LW-----------#9-------------------
-----------Mount--------Bruno
-----Casemiro-----------------
Shaw------Amrabat--------RB
--------Lisandro-Varane--------
--------------Onana-----------------

with the obvious 3 competitions for those last 3 spots (I think Ten Hag rates Martial enough that it's a real battle even if Martial leaves for free this summer and we replace him with someone reliable).

Hannibal's running and defensive work has obviously pleased Ten Hag and that's presumably a good chunk of the reason he wanted Mount.

So Mount's real competition might well be Antony. Bruno isn't getting dropped and I think we need Amrabat to help with the buildup and defend, would be surprised if a Mount-Casemiro-Bruno midfield works apart from chasing a game or trying to break open a tied one at home.