2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Valencia Shin Crosses

The crazy thing among all this melodramatic mount drama is that I actually think he can suit us. Hes a technical player, press resistant and makes good decisions on the ball consistently enough. That's more than I can say from literally any of our attackers.

But he isn't helped by 1) injury, 2) the team not being settled anywhere else and 3) a weird subsection of posters wanting him to fail.
Agree with this too. Terrible decision to sign him as our main midfield signing, but he no doubt should be playing right now over Bruno as he's a floor raiser for a midfield that desperately needs it.

jesperjaap

He is a good player, a good player that we didnt need and a good player with a year left on his contract who isnt as good as sited as another english players that cost 1/3 less for Spurs and also think Eze is a better fit who wold have cost less too.

Scholsey2004

I didnt understand this signing at the time and it makes less sense every time i see him play. If Ten Hag did really want him then his judgement over players is seriously suspect.

Oscar Bonavena

Like most of the posters on here, I said at the time that I wasn't excited about the Mount signing. Good player, yes, but could not see where he would fit into the team especially with Bruno.

But I reconciled my misgivings with the fact that Erik going balls out to sign this guy for a f**king fortune must mean he has a definite plan for how and where he's going to play Mount in the team.

Wrong.

It's clear Ten Hag didn't have a clue what he was going to do with Mount when he got him, or whatever plan he had quickly went out the window when he saw Mount at close quarters. Either way, another absolutely shocking lack of due diligence in recruitment at the club.

goatmeister

Supports
PSKI
There was one point in the game when he tried to press up, chasing one City's player after the other.
A bit sad sight as nobody in red shirt are responding to his intiative.
City then proceeded to pass around and progressed through the middle with the greatest of ease.
Badly coordinated press is worse than not pressing at all and simple man-marking.
The dude has really gone incognito mode to spectator and even his own team mates.
Bruno is annoying little arse but I actually appreciate when players are shouting about trying to help the team cause whenever they can.
Playing 90 minutes while trying constantly to communicate is stamina-drain.

Kostov

What do you know mare mortals, if ETH wants him, who are you to say otherwise. That was the main argument by the top red brigade who can't see nothing wrong, ever.

nazanto

Mason Mount is basically the new Donny van de Beek and even Donny is still at the club.

crossy1686

career ending
What do you know mare mortals, if ETH wants him, who are you to say otherwise. That was the main argument by the top red brigade who can't see nothing wrong, ever.
My favourite argument is that he's been here for 10 minutes and people should give him a chance, despite him being dropped by England and now being dropped by the manager that chased him in the summer, we still need to give English born Premier League regular, Mason Mount, time to adjust to the Premier League.

zenith

Given the trash we currently have at right wing. It would really not hurt to play mount there.

He is hard working, good against the press, great at the half turn, careful in possession and has a great cross on him which could really suit our new no. 9.

He really needs a run of games

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

I feel really sorry for this guy. Brought in telling him he is one of the pillars of a new United side. Now playing a bit part role in a team without any shape so that he has no chance to show his qualities and getting slaughtered by the fans who seem to have no idea what he as a player is all about.

yamo123x

So many people on here writing him off.... is anyone truly standing out in this current team with this current style of play?

Anthony cost us 85million, and his stats are atrocious, Rashford looks depressed, less said about Sancho the better.....

Mason Mount was not bought to the club for his tracking and defensive qualities.... ....when on SUNDAY did we get him the ball in an attacking situation?
He was chasing the city players around like the rest of our squad.....he has done this all season because we are incapable of keeping the ball and our attacking play is woeful.

I thought Mount played a few decent games when he came back from injury, his first half performance against Palace in the cup when we played our best football of the season was superb, what was the difference,,no bruno no rashford who between them give the ball away so so much.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Should be playing instead of Bruno (with Garnacho i/o Rashford).

Have Mount keep the ball in midfield with the 2 other midfielders and move it forward. He can dribble and he's press resistant. Bruno always always plays the quick out ball to Rashford every time which results in loss of possession most of the time, its very rare for Bruno to dribble the ball into the opposition box.

AnotherLondonManc

I still think he has a lot of potential, and will be invaluable depth whenever Bruno is injured or dropped. With the right setup, he could be a very useful player for us.

His fee was also pretty middling, given the state of the transfer market. Still plenty of time for it to look like a good deal.

With everyone fit, I reckon he could thrive in a formation like this.

Onana
Dalot - Varane - Martinez - Shaw
Casemiro - Amrabat
Bruno* - Mount - Rashford/Garnacho
Hojlund

*Bruno out on the right isn't ideal, but he's the best option we have until Amad comes back, and who knows if he'll even be ready?

sammyhol

I still think he has a lot of potential, and will be invaluable depth whenever Bruno is injured or dropped. With the right setup, he could be a very useful player for us.

His fee was also pretty middling, given the state of the transfer market. Still plenty of time for it to look like a good deal.

With everyone fit, I reckon he could thrive in a formation like this.

Onana
Dalot - Varane - Martinez - Shaw
Casemiro - Amrabat
Bruno* - Mount - Rashford/Garnacho
Hojlund

*Bruno out on the right isn't ideal, but he's the best option we have until Amad comes back, and who knows if he'll even be ready?
what is the rationale for Mount starting ahead of Bruno as a 10, and shunting Bruno out wide?

I know Bruno is playing poorly, but he is mainly being played out of position to accommodate others, and he has also had periods of sustained success at 10 for us as a sole 10.

the reality is Mount has shown nothing to show he deserves to be starting in the that role ahead of Bruno.

the reality is the strongest front 4 we have doesn’t include Mount.

by no means perfect, but our best 3 players behind the No 9 are:

antony RW.. Bruno 10…. Rashford LW

That worked relatively consistently last season, but Im not sure it has been deployed once this season for some mad reason. And now they actually have an actual No 9 up top in Hojlund too.

a few games of that set up and we would start clicking.

lex talionis

We haven’t seen it yet, but there is a decent player in Mount. Now would be a good time to bench Bruno for a few matches and see what Mount can do.

But of course that’s not going to happen.

Martial

Who could have ever foreseen Mount and Havertz beings utter flops, besides anyone who has watched them in the past two seasons.

OleGunnar20

Given the trash we currently have at right wing. It would really not hurt to play mount there.

He is hard working, good against the press, great at the half turn, careful in possession and has a great cross on him which could really suit our new no. 9.

He really needs a run of games
I'd be all for this, but ETH needs to give him 4 or 5 games at least to show us what he can do out there.

He won't work at #8 in the current system and Bruno is still a better #10 in my opinion.

spiriticon

Playing Mount on the right wing will give me serious Juan Mata type PTSD.

We simply have to be better than this. It's risky, but boss needs to have the balls to drop Bruno and try Mount in his natural position for an extended period of time.

Irwin99

There was one point in the game when he tried to press up, chasing one City's player after the other.
A bit sad sight as nobody in red shirt are responding to his intiative.
City then proceeded to pass around and progressed through the middle with the greatest of ease.
Badly coordinated press is worse than not pressing at all and simple man-marking.
The dude has really gone incognito mode to spectator and even his own team mates.
Bruno is annoying little arse but I actually appreciate when players are shouting about trying to help the team cause whenever they can.
Playing 90 minutes while trying constantly to communicate is stamina-drain.
i didn't notice that but i can believe it. Ronaldo gets a lot of criticism on here (often rightly so) but I always remember one game after Ralf came in where he was trying to press from the front, looked around and realized no one else had bothered to coordinate the press and he looked pissed off as hell. It's just such a pointless waste of energy if the whole team doesn't do it right.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Playing Mount on the right wing will give me serious Juan Mata type PTSD.

We simply have to be better than this. It's risky, but boss needs to have the balls to drop Bruno and try Mount in his natural position for an extended period of time.
Why? Mount is anything but Mata. I think this position could work for him and the team.

spiriticon

Why? Mount is anything but Mata. I think this position could work for him and the team.
I actually think Mount is very much like Mata. A good technical player who can be the glue of the team but not the gunpowder.

Mount isn't explosive or pacey enough to beat a fullback on the wing on a regular basis. Pretty sure Chelsea have tried it before with limited results. He can do a job, sure, but it won't be the best job you'll see.

AdNani

He absolutely needs to start at the 10, Garnacho on the left. Bruno is a massive problem.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
I didnt understand this signing at the time and it makes less sense every time i see him play. If Ten Hag did really want him then his judgement over players is seriously suspect.
the last sentence…. Didnt we all know after Antony? ETH should be nowehre close to Recruitment and this comes from a person who still has some faith in ETH

sammyhol

I actually think Mount is very much like Mata. A good technical player who can be the glue of the team but not the gunpowder.

Mount isn't explosive or pacey enough to beat a fullback on the wing on a regular basis. Pretty sure Chelsea have tried it before with limited results. He can do a job, sure, but it won't be the best job you'll see.
Mata's technical ability is on another planet to Mount's

OT1214

A Casemiro-Amrabat-Mount midfield for the Newcastle game and see whether he can contribute anything meaningful. Bruno should be dropped or moved to right if ETH is hell bent on playing him every game.

Devil81

Literally the most pointless signing we've ever made. If we're a brilliant side and we we're adding depth to the squad fair enough but if he's not good enough to get ahead of the current shite in our squad he's no good to us at all.

60 million, thanks a million ETH!

zaafi

Literally the most pointless signing we've ever made. If we're a brilliant side and we we're adding depth to the squad fair enough but if he's not good enough to get ahead of the current shite in our squad he's no good to us at all.

60 million, thanks a million ETH!
He is good enough to play over McTominay, but the manager is making bizarre decisions. He should even play ahead of Bruno in his current form.

Leethal

He is good enough to play over McTominay, but the manager is making bizarre decisions. He should even play ahead of Bruno in his current form.
Based on what?

Is Mounts form better than Bruno’s?

Admittedly, they have both been shite. However, if Mount was playing well, I could see some argument in this, but Mount has done nothing to justify dropping Bruno for. At least we know we have a player in Bruno, as has been proven historically.

There is no rational reason to drop Bruno for Mount, outside of you willing Mount to succeed to help your pro-Mount love in.

zaafi

Based on what?

Is Mounts form better than Bruno’s?

Admittedly, they have both been shite. However, if Mount was playing well, I could see some argument in this, but Mount has done nothing to justify dropping Bruno for. At least we know we have a player in Bruno, as has been proven historically.

There is no rational reason to drop Bruno for Mount, outside of you willing Mount to succeed to help your pro-Mount love in.
I don't understand posts like this. There is a mutual agreement on this forum and amongst many United fans that Mount and Bruno can't play together, yet you think we should continue to play Bruno over Mount despite Bruno's (and the whole team's) awful performances game after game. The only game we actually played well was against Palace in the League Cup (even if they were weakened, so were our team) with Mount and Mejbri, players who are actually able to keep the ball under pressure and are decent enough when it comes to ball retention and team play.

It makes me laugh how posters want to continue playing the same shit players who perform like absolute clowns every single minute of the game and don't want to try something else to see if it might work. Maybe, just maybe we will play a bit better football with Mount over Bruno in his current form? You've only seen Mount on the pitch without Bruno once, and it was actually a good performance, so why not try again?

"No rational reason to drop Bruno for Mount". Please.

Martial

Mount has been shite every single game, besides against the B-side of Crystal Palace in the league cup, which just about says it all.

zaafi

Mount has been shite every single game, besides against the B-side of Crystal Palace in the league cup, which just about says it all.
No, he really hasn't, and it just shows you're not really watching the games. He has been very bad in some, and decent in others, which is more than can be said for Bruno. Palace played a weakened team, and so did we, and it worked, so why not try it again?

Telsim

Mate, if you read my posts around the time we decided to sign him, you'd see I don't rate him and was vehemently against this signing. And even I will admit he has been alright. Not great, certainly, but not awful either. Just... alright.

But it's so painfully obvious to everyone with eyes that him and Bruno can't play on the same side together. It's a genuine nothing midfield because Mount is not a deep midfielder, and with Casemiro being as slow and immobile as he is, teams can casually waltz past our midfield.

Presently, I'd drop Bruno for Mount.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Mate, if you read my posts around the time we decided to sign him, you'd see I don't rate him and was vehemently against this signing. And even I will admit he has been alright. Not great, certainly, but not awful either. Just... alright.

But it's so painfully obvious to everyone with eyes that him and Bruno can't play on the same side together. It's a genuine nothing midfield because Mount is not a deep midfielder, and with Casemiro being as slow and immobile as he is, teams can casually waltz past our midfield.

Presently, I'd drop Bruno for Mount.
It's no secret that Bruno is my favorite player. But agreed that EtH needs to try something different at this stage. Just to see if benching Bruno and playing Mount is better for the team.

I highly doubt it, but we need to confirm it.

Or EtH can try just like Italy NT in the past, playing Rivera and Mazzola on each half.

ti vu

No, he really hasn't, and it just shows you're not really watching the games. He has been very bad in some, and decent in others, which is more than can be said for Bruno. Palace played a weakened team, and so did we, and it worked, so why not try it again?
Because strong Palace team defeated us. In a sense the gap between our strong team and the weak team in CLeague cup game is not huge, not as huge as Crystal Palace's version. We can argue about team level affected by certain players, but it's not Bruno, Rashford fault for individual level of someone like Amrabat to drop since that League Cup game.

So our current strong team is struggling against everyone, even the bottom level team... From pragmatic point of view, if Mount is considered a weaker option, then take risk by playing a "weaker" team would only make it worse.

I am all for dropping Bruno and Rashford now and try something new, but pinning ungrounded hope on Mount who himself has been in underwhelming form forever with Chelsea, is just a bit wishful thinking. I meant we talk about playing out of form players into form, then a known quality like Bruno is still a safer option especially the team is built for him as with ETH's (damning) statement implied.

Last edited: