Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace of Spades

Had a poor game, can offer a lot more. No idea why his attacking game has been so poor, seems to do better for his national team and was even played as a wing back when he was at torino.

Drifter

American
Most difficult game for him so far.Couldn't get forward and was caught out at the back a few times.

itso 7

He was atrocious defensively and in attack he was a non factor but I think he might have been a bit overplayed in the last few weeks though. We really should manage the workload on our players more skilfully than we have thus far. Valencia should have played either the Liverpool match or last night.

United again!

Lol I though that little exchange a few games back "Darmian Wank-Goggles" was a bit of a laugh. It is a shame after his solid display.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Had a poor game, can offer a lot more. No idea why his attacking game has been so poor, seems to do better for his national team and was even played as a wing back when he was at torino.
I was under impression that he's a very offensive full back from his time at Torino, he barely played full back there - was usually a wing back and a very offensive one at that (likewise for Italy). I don't understand why he's been so poor offensively here.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
After a great start he's been less impressive. He has played alot for us (and italy?) so maybe he needs abit of a break?

Bojan11

I don't think pairing him up with a slow player like Mata helps him. If he had someone a bit more explosive alongside him, so that space opens up for him.

Valencia did well when he came on. But how many attacks was he really involved in? Not many.

ThanksBoss26

A bit like Depay, who's also played very game in a new league and both internationals, Darmian is another who might benefit from a rest on Wednesday.

Obiorahking_

That guy is in dire need of some rest. I would rest him for the Wolfsburg game in ten days and let Valencia play the next two games against Ipswitch Town and Sunderland. Both him and Depay are not used to this level of intensity so it is best not to run these players to the ground.

Raw

LVG said he took him off as he gave too much space for Tadic, then praised Valencia as Tadic was nowhere to be seen in the 2nd half.

Could be seeing more of Valencia now, not particularly against it to be honest.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Yeah, definitely looked a bit tired. Also think he would perform a lot better going forwards with somebody to overlap. But the way we play, Mata's like an additional #10 and Darmian has the right all to himself. Valencia was a beast when he came on so I'm not against rotating them for a bit as Valencia is more then capable.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Way too many crosses were coming in from his side in that first half. Hopefully the combination of only playing a half today and getting a rest midweek (presumably) will make him fresh for next weekend.

Acole9

Outstanding
I think he needs a rest, he got done by Tadic (to be fair he is a good player) many times down that side. We looked much better in that area when Valencia came on at half time.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
Didn't think I would be saying this but I would like Valencia to get a couple of games at RB, especially in the next couple vs Ipswich and Sunderland when you can expect us to have 70+%. Darmian isn't providing anywhere near enough on the ball and is always too deep when we are in possession. His solid defending from the first few games seems to have disappeared too, shaky moments vs Swansea and really poor performances vs PSV & Southampton.

Sigma

Thought him and Valencia were as good as each other tbh. Both very good

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Darmian excellent in both fullback positions and also can do the job as a CB. Quite great that we can depend on such a talented and versatile player.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He's just immense. I think he could play for any big team in the world, and wouldn't look out of place.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
My man of the match. Looked solid defensively, and intelligent on the ball. I have not seen such a well putt together and balanced fullback like Darmien in awhile. With Shaw on the left, they are perhaps the best fullback pairing at United for a very long time.

dasty

Glad to see him back to his usual standards again after a minor hiccup. Looked as good playing LB as he was in RB. I love the versatility of the players in the team right now, everyone can play lots of positions and that helps us cope with injuries better.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Can see LVG's logic in wanting players that are 'flexible' and can play multiple positions. Surprised how well he's played LB today. Hope he continues with those performances until Luke is back.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
I think this guy is our best defender. Solid at RB, as impressive at LB. Fast becoming one of my favourite players, along with Blind.

RuudTom83

I'd put him in the same category as Blind, both are good players with very consistent levels of performances, but you wouldn't claim either was world class.

I'm a big fan of both players!

Sam

Thought he was brilliant today, back to his early season form after a bit of a blip.

Status
Not open for further replies.