Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil may care

Just like Shaw he was woeful, we are putting a lot of emphasis on the fullbacks providing attacking width and he is sorely lacking in this department.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Would rather play Ashley young.

Robbie Boy

It seems a few now regard 'that' as a good performance. Shows how far we have fallen, if nothing else. Darmian is one of the players I would drive to a new club tomorrow.

Last edited:

Fahad Jawaid

How the feck did we manage to sign him, the scouting guy has to be fired, we kept this moron and sold Rafael. We are the most stupid run club in the world for sure.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
You know a right back is breathtakingly mediocre when you massively miss Valencia.

Sylar

Needs to stay behind after training and just practice the art of crossing.
Whether its on the run or stopping with so much space and under no pressure.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
You know a right back is breathtakingly mediocre when you massively miss Valencia.
Valencia has been excellent this season. Not sure why your slagging him off by critiquing Darmain.

Bojan11

He's not quick and weak as piss.

Not really a good combination for a defender. Sadly we have a few of them like this.

dichinero

One of the very few out there who seems to be trying tonight
Exactly. Overreaction in this place. He didn't provide much in attack but given that Rashford ahead was poor, Fener had little joy down our right flank.

Hed Zitin

We don't have any proper quality width on the right now. None of our attacking players are going make up for him. They all want to play in field, so they won't add much needed wide play. Huge problem.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I dont rate him. Doesnt have a head on when to pass and when not to.

Vashu

Predicted Sanchez's signing announcement
We don't have any proper quality width on the right now. None of our attacking players are going make up for him. They all want to play in field, so they won't add much needed wide play. Huge problem.
With shit being repeatedly served from our wide players the emphasis is on full backs to take up the attacking mantle. At the same time they're not exempt from their defensive duties in the slightest, which probably stems from the fact that our midfield composition is totally screwed up. Playing as a FB must be the most invidious task in our team.

Last edited:

m1y2

Yes because Rafael has been brilliant for Lyon. Oh look he is injured.

Rafael wasn't the answer too.
Occasionally injured Rafael is still way better than Darmian ever will be and is a year younger too

m1y2

Ashley Young, TFM, Joe Riley from the players who could be better today on the right even Tuanzebe, at least he would be solid going back and could win us a few headers... and we insist playing this flop

Well Joe Riley trained with the first team lately so hopefully he's impressing manager but I have no doubt Mourinho will not be willing to give him any chance as he's just Mourinho

xplatformjedi

Supports
Pittsburgh Steelers
Just like Shaw he was woeful, we are putting a lot of emphasis on the fullbacks providing attacking width and he is sorely lacking in this department.
This.

Used this way Antonio Valencia is light years better than Darmian. Offensively AND defensively.

Ixion

Valencia 90% of the time is a terrible crosser but it's miles better than Darmian's.

stevoc

Yes because Rafael has been brilliant for Lyon. Oh look he is injured.

Rafael wasn't the answer too.
Darmian got injured quite a lot last season too so it's not like he really improved the squad in terms of reliability.

And thats without stating the obvious, even though Rafael isn't the worlds greatest right back and his injury problems are a negative he's still twice the player Darmian is in defence and attack, i would swap them tomorrow. Give me 25-30 games from someone who can attack and has some balls over 45-50 games of plodding meh any day.

This bit of business epitomizes Van Gaal's transfer policy.

Born2Lose

I do feel sorry for our fullbacks, it's always been a thankless job. Used to remember Evra getting abuse on here when he was basically trying his best to run up and down the pitch for 90 minutes.

Our wingers are so bad that our fullbacks are responsible for attacking, crossing while also defending and covering for a mixture of poor centerbacks.

I think the problem is the spine of the team is rotten and am amazed that Mourinho didn't recognise it before he joined, if you have a base of two quality cb's and two CM's, I suspect the fullbacks would improve and Pogba would be able to concentrate a lot more on attacking.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I don't understand it. This guy did well in the Serie A, performed adequately for the Italian national team but has been very mediocre in the PL apart from his first few games.

Dobbs

I do feel sorry for our fullbacks, it's always been a thankless job. Used to remember Evra getting abuse on here when he was basically trying his best to run up and down the pitch for 90 minutes.

Our wingers are so bad that our fullbacks are responsible for attacking, crossing while also defending and covering for a mixture of poor centerbacks.

I think the problem is the spine of the team is rotten and am amazed that Mourinho didn't recognise it before he joined, if you have a base of two quality cb's and two CM's, I suspect the fullbacks would improve and Pogba would be able to concentrate a lot more on attacking.
Agree with this. We ask way too much of the right back because we very rarely have a proper winger in front of them.

George Beast

There's no reason why he should start ahead of TFM, absolutely none. TFM is a physical beast and has pace for days, all things Darmian lacks. Yes TFM's defending might be a bit suspect as RB but in games like yesterday or against Burnley, there was hardly any defending to be done. Why then does Darmian continue to start? To be fair to Mourinho, he's given Darmian his chance because he's hardly played all season. But it's now clear that he just isn't going to cut it. He's mentally weak as feck and not exactly the type of player you want when things get tough. TFM, besides being physically superior, is a youth product so you can at least trust him to have some fight in him for the club. I'd start him pronto as RB until Valencia gets healthy or until we buy Fabinho in Jan.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Yeah he looks a lot better on the left for some reason. Kind of like Azpilicueta though not as much bite. He could be a very useful player for us if he added more bite and determination to his game. Been looking a bit better generally in recent weeks so I guess he works as a squad player.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Good defender. Barrow is a tricky winger and he won that battle. Still gives away too many fouls in non-dangerous situations though. Needs to pick his battles a bit better.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Made our left flank far more potent today. Far better than Shaw at offering an overlapping option.

kundalini

I thought he was impressive today. Suspect the system helped him in the first half as he seemed to be free most times we moved forwards. 2nd half had to do some defending.

Status
Not open for further replies.