Matthijs de Ligt / signs for Juventus, lowering their average age to 56

Status
Not open for further replies.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Pogba, De Gea, Rashford immediately comes to mind. Martial will come asking for a new contract. Possibly Greenwood in a year.
Pogba is already on similar amounts (not that he deserves half of that).
If reports are to be believed DDG has turned down similar wages anyway.
Rashford and Martial would be shown the door if they ever did that.

crossy1686

career ending
Pogba, De Gea, Rashford immediately comes to mind. Martial will come asking for a new contract. Possibly Greenwood in a year.
When they start putting goals past Juventus and Madrid to make it to a CL semi final or winning PL's, then we can talk about their improved salaries. Until then, they have deals.

crossy1686

career ending
Have to agree. It doesn't really seem his personality to go fan the flames like that. It does fit with the idea that United are trying to create this rumor frenzy before making it official.
I swear to god if United are behind this I'll go fecking mad. Dragging out the De Ligt signing so we can unveil a new sponsor at the same time.

The unveiling video will be De Ligt putting on a condom with the slogan "Durex and De Ligt stop anyone from getting through"

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Easier said than done to show players the door. They're already on massive contracts and other.clubs would not want to touch them. Players have a lot of power and can do much damage to the club, both financially a d on the pitch as we've witnessed over a few seasons.

NYAS

I think the most credible news we have thus far, has come from Gerard Romero.

Simon Stone is making guesses based on his feelings and even admits, United would keep hush about such a deal, if they were infact involved.

Mark Ogden has been repeating what he said today for the last 6 weeks via podcasts and ESPN articles. So nothing new there.

The news will break from either Spain or Holland one way or the other. But as things stand, Gerard Romero is the only credible source that's said anything of substance along with Oriol Domenech.
What has Domenech said? Any sources? I missed that

OGSaviour

So Stam concludes a one in a generation talent would have a place here with the likes of Jones, Smalling and Bailly to currently choose from. Hardly a revelation
De Ligt look's cool and composed with someone like Blind beside him, imagine the train wreck with him stuck beside Jones

clarkydaz

Us and Madrid are the biggest clubs in the world and seeing as Madrid aren't in for him, where is he going to go?
Has he liked any Barca stuff? What im saying is if he is supposedly nailed on for Barca theres no need for him to be going near united stuff. he would surely know himself now where he prefers to play

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Easier said than done to show players the door. They're already on massive contracts and other.clubs would not want to touch them. Players have a lot of power and can do much damage to the club, both financially a d on the pitch as we've witnessed over a few seasons.
Easier than ever Sults, just send them a meme via social media and unfollow them

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Rashford would go on a free if he can't agree a deal with us. No club will pay him £250k a week even on a free transfer, so he would either accept he's not worth De Ligt wages or just leave and end up getting the same salary he was offered with us.

Martial just signed a new deal and he's already on something like £200k a week isn't he? Given his status in the club isn't even one as a sure starter anymore, and his brand value isn't as high as say Pogba or Sanchez, I don't think he'd have a leg to stand on in asking for a new deal. So I don't see that happening either.

BlueHaze

A good start would be not to renew with the ones who are blatantly obvious not good enough.

We don't seem to ever learn though...

crossy1686

career ending
Has he liked any Barca stuff? What im saying is if he is supposedly nailed on for Barca theres no need for him to be going near united stuff. he would surely know himself now where he prefers to play
He follows a couple, Messi, Suarez, Pique etc. Not sure he's liked any though, just our stuff and some stuff from Chong. It's weird to be honest.

crossy1686

career ending
Honestly feels like the leaks are coming from the Spanish media while United centric press are playing catch up.
It's ok not to know
I don't think anyone knows apart from the ones directly involved. Say what you want about Riaola but he's tight lipped and so are United. Lukaku was done without anyone knowing.

Cliche Guevara

Pogba’s on it, Martial is on it, DDG has been offered it, Rashford’s been offered it.

Greenwood? What the feck???

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
De Ligt said he is just laughing at the rumors linking him to different clubs. He doesnt know where he's going yet.

Though honestly, I doubt he'd admit it if he did know.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
What has Domenech said? Any sources? I missed that
He said that Man Utd have offered De Ligt the more lucractive financial package but Barca were still optimistic the player would choose them. That was 5 days ago.

Since then we've had Sport.es saying Barca have lost control of the situation. And then yesterday we had Gerard Romero saying De Ligt is close to Man Utd.

Romero and Domenech are known to report news direct from the Barca hierarchy.

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
If links with Utd were to drive up the offer from Barca would he say this

“I have seen the salary I would get too, would you take it? (laughs)”

If he was going to go to Barca would he say that? Why mention Utd at all?

The only scenario I can think where you would say that deliberately or subconsciously would be if he was going to move to Utd.

cyberman

I don't think anyone knows apart from the ones directly involved. Say what you want about Riaola but he's tight lipped and so are United. Lukaku was done without anyone knowing.
The Spanish have a shit tonne of leaks due to how they're set up and their reliance on good press.
We have Ed who briefs every 6 months or so. There's a huge difference between the two. I don't think I've ever heard a Barca rumour from Spain that didn't ring true.
Maybe I'm wrong and some La Liga watchers could set me straight?

Celoti23-81

This has to be the most credible news of the day. Babel if I'm not mistaken is also part of the Dutch NT squad.
It's just a massive wind up! Probably taking the piss out that Reddit crap!
They all know what rubbish is spouted out there. Why would he even video that?

Status
Not open for further replies.