Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Put in a decent cross. 10 mins is too short of a sample to rate but he was at times too individualistic in some phases. The team needed him to fizz the crosses in or keep the ball moving, not be a Hazard style ball hogg and pace changer (reducer) but in his defence that also requires Fellaini to drift off him as crossing to Rooney is pointless.

Bwuk

Put in a decent cross. 10 mins is too short of a sample to rate but he was at times too individualistic in some phases. The team needed him to fizz the crosses in or keep the ball moving, not be a Hazard style ball hogg and pace changer (reducer).
Agreed but we both know it's down to LvG that we play at a slow pace.

Eddy_JukeZ

I would have brought him on sooner(as soon as we scored, CSKA were tiring a bit).

But meh cameo.

khoazany

Thought he had one good cross and looked decent when he got the ball.Shouldn't judge a player on a 10 min cameo mind.

RedStarUnited

He never looks "up for it" for me. Like everything is played at such a slow pace with him.

He needs to think and play a lot quicker than he is doing now.

Dion

He didn't even look interested tonight and should be nowhere near the first eleven right now.
While it's ridiculous to judge a player on a 10 minute cameo when we'd settled for a point already, I will ask this:

-------------Rooney
Martial-----Herrera-----Mata

-------------Martial
Memphis---Herrera----Mata

What is going to give more immediate results and better football and which one of those will benefit us most in the long term?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
You would expect he was eager to inject energy and make something happen.

the hea

While it's ridiculous to judge a player on a 10 minute cameo when we'd settled for a point already, I will ask this:

-------------Rooney

-------------Martial

What is going to give more immediate results and better football and which one of those will benefit us most in the long term?
Both options include 3 good players and 1 at current form very average so they are both equal in my opinion.
I now you can't judge a player on 10 minutes but Memphis has been very poor for a long time now and today was just more of the same so in my opinion he should no start right now.

Kopral Jono

Both options include 3 good players and 1 at current form very average so they are both equal in my opinion.
I now you can't judge a player on 10 minutes but Memphis has been very poor for a long time now and today was just more of the same so in my opinion he should no start right now.
Memphis shouldn't even be playing games at all for us, let alone a cameo. But seriously. This guy, Memphis, I honestly don't know what some people see in him. He's got a decent cross and shot but that's about it; no pace, no first touch, no upper body strength despite his built, a poor dribbler of the ball and the list goes on and on.

Again, I'd love it if one day he proves me wrong, but the evidence so far suggests that that would be optimistic.

Devil may care

Put one good ball in but looked like he was struggling to get the ball under control most of the time.

Manny

Grammar Police
I think part of the reason he was poor in his previous outings was having Rooney playing number 10. It would be interesting to see if he looks better with Herrera playing number 10.

Adisa

I knew he wasn't that good with the ball at his feet from PSV but It's much worse than I thought.

Andy_Cole

Thought he had one good cross and looked decent when he got the ball.Shouldn't judge a player on a 10 min cameo mind.
This.

The caf have it in for Depay and I'm not sure why. Reminds me of how we treated Nani.

Comparitively I'd much prefer Depay to Lingard who provided nothing but short safe passes. We practically had two right backs on in my opinion. At least Depay has cutting edge.

Let him express himself. I feel he will come good. Does he not have 4 goals and 4 assists this season? Not bad.

Von Mistelroum

I wouldn't write him off but he doesn't seem to want to do a lot when he gets on. You'd expect him to come on full of energy and ready to show what he can do but he's slow to react, gives up on chasing balls and usually just listlessly runs into opposition players when he has the ball. Looking rather Di Maria-esque right now and I'm wondering if it's a similar issue.

Adisa

Like how he ran into the referee. Not once did he look up to see where he was running to or if he could see a pass.

mu77

don't know about the "already writing him off" or "it was only minutes" - he just hasn't played well and that 10 minutes looked like his 90 minute displays so far. must improve his game or get used to 10 minutes off the bench.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust

-------------Rooney

-------------Martial

if where talking long term, i think we should be playing Herrera in center midfield with schneiderlin, and if where talking long term whose to say a spell on the bench won't do Memphis some good? he certainly needs to learn that he has to be more of a team player then he has so far.

m1y2

I bet Zaha wouldn't play worse if he was given as many chances as Depay. Sometimes it's all about confidence and it's very low now with Memphis.. he will come good eventually but I am a bit worried with how we'd started the seasons in terms of quality on wings.. At least Jesse and Andreas will get their chances but Memphis shouldn't have been an automatic starter but one for the future. We'll see how it turns out..

dsch

One thing I've noticed is that he doesn't use his fullback enough. There were a couple of times today when he ran into trouble and could have used Blind to get out and try again, but he just doesn't want to do it. It was the same story before when you'd see Shaw bombing off down the flank and Memphis ignoring him. I think he's trying a bit too hard to prove himself at the moment.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He was barely on today, he played 10 min and we played the ball to the left 4 times? How on earth could you see that he was lazy/ uninterested?
Stop talking sense Sammyjunn or you'll get locked from the thread!!! Lol

Dante

Average bang
Body language experts are in again... Had one decent move, besides that nothing again. See more potential in Lingard atm.
Quite!

Earlier in the season, the same body language was being praised. But now the worm has turned, it's suddenly indicative of all that's wrong with him.

drdoityourself

How people have lost patience so quickly astounds me. We are mostly static and pedestrian, yet we are so quick to get on the backs of those who try something a little bit different. He is obviously struggling and what he is trying isn't coming off but the potential is there.

Cina

I think LvG made him a key player and gave him the #7 too early. A false sense of security and let his cockiness shine through a little.

He'll come good, just not as fast as we hoped he would.

HabeasC

If we start to build the tempo up a bit, we will really see him benefit. He was also looking absolutely knackered before LVG benched him.

We knew it would take time for him to adapt, but his performances vs Brugge made people think that he would be putting 8-9/10 performances every week. He'll come good.

Status
Not open for further replies.