Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
Let's hope we don't need to see this dickhead start one more game this season. He's the worst type of player I've ever seen. Both Nani and Ronaldo comes nowhere near the selfishness Memphis shows. I just HATE everything about him. I don't even celebrate the goals any more (not that there are many). Just what the hell is wrong with him. Two "mistakes" that would have made SAF boil over (that half arsed header back and the horrible play with no tracking back situations). I'm just thinking about a guy like Johnny Evans who was executed in public for not clearing the ball in a dangerous area against Milan (nothing happened anyway).

I know this opinion won't go down well with the Memphis club. Thing is your arguments are getting really thin guys.

RedStarUnited

People are nuts in here if they think Memphis will take over that left wing from Martial. And since he aint good enough anywhere else, so where exactly is he going to time?

kundalini

So Memphis ends his PL season with 2 goals and 1 assist from 16 starts and 13 sub appearances (1475 mins). Those two goals came from 21 shots inside the penalty area, while he failed to score from any of his 37 attempts from outside the box (in the PL). He created marginally fewer chances per 90 mins than Jesse Lingard; indeed Lingard out-performed him on most stats in PL matches. And then there was the header in the vague direction of De Gea at Stoke, which Squawka categorise as an error leading to a goal.

I suppose the relevant questions are:

- can he recover from such a shocking first season in english football ?

- should whoever happens to be in charge next season, even be giving Memphis playing time in the PL ahead of Januzaj or Pereira ?

- is Memphis mentally strong enough to cope with being cover for Martial ?

- or is there another position he can play for us, rather than left wing ?

- finally, keep, loan or sell ?

Last edited:

AttackingFlair

He's got talent but plays with no intelligence. If you look at Martial's assist today, he dribbled up to the defender, got close and then released the ball for a 1-2 pass. Memphis would probably just run into the defender and get tackled.

If it is Mourinho that comes in then I don't know if he would have any patience with him (Quaresma at Inter).

iKeano

Was the last straw for me. He's an idiot.
Brought on with minutes to go & at one stage stopped running only for the entire crowd to jump in his back. Absolutely braindead.
His shooting is unbelievably bad, they must have had some big-a$$ goals in Holland, or else they place them near the corner flag or row z.
Young came off the bench and put Memphis to shame. He really has been a complete flop & I can't see him improving.

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
Was the last straw for me. He's an idiot.
Brought on with minutes to go & at one stage stopped running only for the entire crowd to jump in his back. Absolutely braindead.
His shooting is unbelievably bad, they must have had some big-a$$ goals in Holland, or else they place them near the corner flag or row z.
Young came off the bench and put Memphis to shame. He really has been a complete flop & I can't see him improving.
:eek::eek::eek:

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
He has been astonishingly bad.

There must be some talent there, though, surely. I would keep him I think.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
If he's not a vastly improved player when he comes back to training under (hopefully) the new manager, then he has to go out on a loan or sold with a buyback option.

Ole90+3

It's his on the field attitude which disappoints me the most. Very few players can get a way with giving up and throwing their arms in the air when they lose the ball - this guy is certainly not one of them.

He's Van Gaal's signing so surely he would be getting chances if he was producing the goods in training. What a failure of a debut season it has been for him, and surely he has only got himself to blame.

Very frustrating player to watch. So far, from what I've seen, he seems like a more inconsistent Nani, with half the talent. He was top goalscorer last season in the Dutch league and player of the season, so there must be a talented player in there somewhere.

He needs to sort his attitude out or he will be the first one to be shown the door, and I doubt many of us would give a shit.

gza the genius

Doesn't mean much, more likely that LVG will be gone than Memphis. He's been terrible but he deserves another season. No reason to sell him anyway, we won't get our money back.

Djemba-Djemba

Can't really argue with that can he?

In a season when most of our attacking players have been terrible he's still managed to stand out in his awfulness.

I think he'll be gone in the Summer, even if Jose comes in. Can't see him liking Memphis.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Needs to just write this season off and start afresh next season under a new manager.

Taxx

He knows he hasn't been good enough. Better to just get on with it the next season.

RORY65

I didn't expect when we bought him that we'd get to the end of the season and I'd be way more disappointed that Cameron Borthwick-Jackson was being dropped for our biggest game of the season than Memphis.

finneh

Definitely needs to be sold or at least put on loan next season. Is nowhere near the level to even provide decent squad cover next year. I never saw him in Holland but I'd love to know what our scouts saw in him, what attributes apart from having a decent shot when put under no pressure whatsoever does he possess?

We leave it another year and the potential for a £25m sale to China diminishes.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Season has ended, focus on next season. Very dissapointing, make or break season next year, and it's his own fault. Also shows that stats are so deceptive, 7 goals and 9 assists this season...You'd think he was decent.
Are you including under 21 stats for those numbers?

Edit - seems like that number includes 3 assists for the under 21s.

29 PL apps
2 goals and 1 assist
6 CL apps
1 goal and 0 assists
Europa
2 goals and 1 assist (all against Midgyland I think)
FA Cup
1 assist which was against league 1 Sheffield United
CL qualifiers
2 games 2 goals and 2 assists (club Brugge)
U21
1 games 3 assists

Last edited:

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Doesn't mean much, more likely that LVG will be gone than Memphis. He's been terrible but he deserves another season. No reason to sell him anyway, we won't get our money back.
At some point,I think we'll have to bite the bullet on the loss.

If he flops next season,I'd send him on loan in Jan with a view to selling him in the Summer. It's up to him to prove his worth.

Shark

@NotShark
Look, he's been thrash, I'm hardly surprised. I definitely don't want him sold though, he deserves another season under a new manager.

gza the genius

At some point,I think we'll have to bite the bullet on the loss.

If he flops next season,I'd send him on loan in Jan with a view to selling him in the Summer. It's up to him to prove his worth.
Completely agree with this, if he doesn't improve and soon we will have to cut our losses. Just think he deserves a shot under a new manager at least.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I think there's a decent chance both will be gone.

kps88

Is this even that surprising? No way would I trust him in a final. The only way he'd have got minutes on the pitch would be if we were comfortably winning.

I'd like to see him given a second season but if the rumours that he's refused to travel are true then he can feck off. He's done nowhere near enough to be entitled to such a reaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.