Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mozza

It’s Carrick you know
I think he's been mismanaged from the start. LVG tried to play him in the hole, wanting him to play as Robben did in the world cup. Difference being ones a veteran with a decade of football under his belt and the others a kid, the results were predictable.

He is now in and out the side but I see no focus to his game, like the rest of the side. I won't judge his potential based on this season.

Bojan11

I think he's been mismanaged from the start. LVG tried to play him in the hole, wanting him to play as Robben did in the world cup. Difference being ones a veteran with a decade of football under his belt and the others a kid, the results were predictable.

He is now in and out the side but I see no focus to his game, like the rest of the side. I won't judge his potential based on this season.
Robben at 21 in the premier league was 100 times better than Memphis. He is not similar to Robben. Robben would run past players with ease. Where as Depay finds it tough.

Eddy_JukeZ

Been awful vs Prem opposition.

I can't believe he passed up that shot. Opened it up so much for him. Awful decision making.

Djemba-Djemba

One of the worst substitute appearances I can ever remember seeing for Utd. He literally fecked up every time he had the ball, it was embarrassing.

I think the talent is there, but this season he's been a total shambles. Has to improve hugely if he's still here next season.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
"Excellent, I've worked a great opening. Now is my chance to show everyone they were wrong to write me off......but first, I'll drag it back to my weaker foo....crap!"

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
His decision making is atrocious. Shoots from kilometers away, yet hesitates when he's in a very good position on his right foot.

izec

Once he plays himself a bit in form after months, he will get dropped anyway, just to come on and feck up everything again. Rinse and repeat.

We need an rvn

he's going to be quality - said it before and i'll say it again. 21, first year in a new country with very limited family support / mates, new league etc. he'll be better than he's shown this season (and don't reply with the usual, "well he couldn't be worse" as we've seen many first years who struggled who came good. He perhaps needs a manager who isn't shite and wants to hit teams on the break and we'll see a different the reborn version of Elvis and not the latter one in the 70's

Devil may care

He was ok but shouild have took that shot when it opened up for him, I still think things move to quick for him against PL teams.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Useless unless we are playing an extremely shit opposition. The sad part is, that I don't see it turning for him even after this customary adjustment period.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Weird performance. Put in one good cross but more importantly he had this great moment where he did the perfect bit of skill to fool the defense and open up space for the shot, but inexplicably chose to dwell for a few seconds presumably because scoring a winner would have been boring.

His dribbling still comes across as him trying stuff out hoping it works rather than a guy in proper control.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Why was he dropped after a series of good performances?

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
He did the right things, but it's always that final decision. He had their defenders shitting themselves, but his final touch of the ball is nearly always a terrible one, after he's done all the hard work.

mav_9me

Had a horrendous few minutes where he actually saw so much of the ball but did so little with it other than one decent cross.

Still haven't given up on him but hard to see how he can deliver on his promise...

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Think he was trying a bit too much when he came on... there was one point in particular where it looked liked he had worked a decent opening for a shot, but instead of doing so, he did another feint and attempted to beat his man again for some reason.

Mozza

It’s Carrick you know
Robben at 21 in the premier league was 100 times better than Memphis. He is not similar to Robben. Robben would run past players with ease. Where as Depay finds it tough.
He wasn't but I wasn't comparing their respective abilities anyway

Last edited:

RedStarUnited

He wasn't but I wasn't comparing their respective abilities anyway
Robben was always direct and could beat defenders all day long. He really was so much better than Depay has been.

Depays lack of effort and over playing is what really gets me. That counter that Varela had to cover from Payet for example. Depay is the one that takes the shot/cross that is crap and get countered on. He barely broke a sweat trying to get back.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
We needed 3 goals and LvG didn't bring him on despite being the only attacking sub we had.....
He would do feck all anyway but yeah, maybe bring him on as a token gesture just on the merit of him being an offensive footballer.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He was brilliant tonight. Long may such performances continue.

The White Pele

Bizarre how little faith LVG seems to have in him these days given that he has worked with him before and Memphis had shown signs of better form recently. Probably being punished for the mistake at Anfield.

Asger

He would do feck all anyway but yeah, maybe bring him on as a token gesture just on the merit of him being an offensive footballer.
Similar to Martial then.. Martial has not been good past few weeks.

Asger

Martial was our best player today.
DDG was by far our best player... I just hate when Martial keeps losing the ball to often and likes to keep the ball and then tries something different and then lose the ball. If memphis does this then he is just bad, why does Martial get a free pass for this? Martial is good but he is not ready to start every fecking games. But we can blame LVG for that.

Devil may care

With Vangle's love of fullback substitutions and the Bastian fitness minutes he's not getting any game time right now, must be a bit fed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.