Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Simply doesn't have the skill to be the guy who can unlock a packed defense.

His shooting and freekick ability have also declined alarmingly since his move.

RedStarUnited

DDG was by far our best player... I just hate when Martial keeps losing the ball to often and likes to keep the ball and then tries something different and then lose the ball. If memphis does this then he is just bad, why does Martial get a free pass for this? Martial is good but he is not ready to start every fecking games. But we can blame LVG for that.
You must be mad if you think Martial loses the ball as cheaply as Memphis does. You have to be Memphis's family member to think that he deserves to start ahead of Martial.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Gut feeling is Mourinho won't fancy him.
Could be right. Mourinho often likes his players who work for the team and can be quite consistent. Depay has no consistency at all...occasionally brilliant, but immensely frustrating and often doesn't add anything. He'll get a chance I'm sure, but if he doesn't impress then he could be in trouble. Although, reassuringly, he's not the only one who that could apply to. We know Mourinho isn't keen on Mata, and he might not be particularly enthused with giving more chances to youth players like Lingard or Januzaj.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
No joke, I just walked past him sitting in his car in front of a hotel in Rotterdam.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Isn't it the G-Wagon with M7 embroidered in the seats?

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Unfortunately I don't know what the car was. It was full black, not the G-wagon. Anyway, why would he be in Rotterdam?

Member 39557

Unfortunately I don't know what the car was. It was full black, not the G-wagon. Anyway, why would he be in Rotterdam?
If you've got that sort of money, you can travel wherever you like.

It could be Rotterdam, or anywhere, Liverpool or Rome.

Member 39557

In seriousness, if he's been called up for the Dutch squad to face France, it makes sense that he's in the country.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
I wonder if we should give him another shot in the number 10 position at some point. I definitely don't think we should be giving up on his potential just yet.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Gut feeling is Mourinho won't fancy him.
Surely Jose will value his world class ability to hold the ball at the corner flag? Could be invaluable in holding onto a 1-0 win - Jose will have him doing that in the 72nd minute!

RedDevil@84

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Asked if he still feels the same support and confidence in him at United, Memphis paused before saying: “Only sometimes.”
Knew it was a mistake signing him and said as much. Hope I'm still proved wrong. Despite his goals, his lack of technique was still very apparent in Holland.
Unfortunately, NLmax put wool over a lot of people's eyes.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Van Gaal has been extra patient with Memphis this season. He kept playing despite producing really poor performances week after week. Of late we've seen an improvement, but that doesn't mean he's going to start every game, especially when we've got Martial and Rashford is playing well.

Surprised with this bit

Memphis also revealed he has sought reassurances from those within United that he remains a key part of the club’s plans going forward, with Van Gaal’s own future also unclear.

“There are certain people within the club with whom I am talking about this,” said Memphis.
Nothing wrong with it per say but not the kind of noises you want to hear from a player who needs to prove himself big time.

RedDevil@84

Is he interested to play in China?
Then he can boss the league and we get 80M or more as they are interested in getting only the big names.

Stacks

I'm starting to think he needs a loan. Not to Holland but maybe a club like Newcastle where he will play every match and be the main man again. If he fails to impress then offload, yet it could be the path to proving himself a capable premier league winger.

Adisa

it's easy to throw around accusations that we have mismanaged him but I think even the coaches are surprised with how limited he is.

Truedevil

I'm starting to think José might loan him out to a club like Stoke or Everton as he'll probably buy a winger or two and another season on the bench for Memphis would be stupid.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Seems like he's saying Danny Blind has trust in his ability and lets him express himself, and LvG does not. Isn't the latter what a lot of us have been saying for ages anyway?

It's up to him to prove the manager/coaches wrong, but it's alarming how bright he looked last season at PSV and how bright he's looked playing for the national team. Then he comes here, starts pretty well, and then rapidly sinks in the same manner that the majority of the team have.

Too soon to write him off when the club has been in a collective slump since November. Eager to see him play when we hopefully make a return to playing well, and not the godawful football we're serving up now.

Adisa

Seems like he's saying Danny Blind has trust in his ability and lets him express himself, and LvG does not. Isn't the latter what a lot of us have been saying for ages anyway?

It's up to him to prove the manager/coaches wrong, but it's alarming how bright he looked last season at PSV and how bright he's looked playing for the national team. Then he comes here, starts pretty well, and then rapidly sinks in the same manner that the majority of the team have.

Too soon to write him off when the club has been in a collective slump since November. Eager to see him play when we hopefully make a return to playing well, and not the godawful football we're serving up now.
How bright he looked for the national team? They have been criticizing his performances for the national team a lot longer than us for club form.

Stacks

How bright he looked for the national team? They have been criticizing his performances for the national team a lot longer than us for club form.
They have indeed. Mentioning that his stats/output were poor, especially in periods of Robben's absence. That he isn't a team player.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I haven't watched many full 90 mins of the Netherlands outside of the world cup, but I distinctly remember him being praised for both club and country before we signed him. A number of highlights reels with particular praise for his crossing.

The overall point of my post still stands though. Too soon to write him off, especially when we're godawful as a team and nobody has really stood out.

Status
Not open for further replies.