5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

LouisDanGaal

Midgetland played southampton basically pre season. Anyone can beat anyone then, and they were still lucky. didn't west ham get beat by some crap team also? Lets not revise Midgetlands status. Evevyone saw this as merely and adventure for them, a chance for them to visit Old Trafford for the first time in their 10 year history, yet as always against any old team, we made them look half decent. Since Southampton, they scraped through their EUROPA LEAGUE group, hadn't won in 10 games and had a 2 month break from actually playing football (longer than off season). They truely were the pits. Oh and they conceded 9 against Napoli
I'm not saying they're great or anything but yeah I wouldn't say they were the worst team we have played this season. That was probably Sheffield united, a game which needed Depay to come off the bench and win us a last minute penalty to go through. This wasn't merely an adventure for them in the second leg though as we were without 14 first team players, I'm not saying its not a team we should crush, but at that time It wasn't a comfortable game and we were all worried we would go out as we were playing awfully. In that circumstance Depay stepped up and put in a genuinely superb performance, that megs he did to put the ball through to mata made me jump out of my seat I have never seen anything like it, and he also scored and created havoc, the talent is certainly there to see even if its not shown itself against the better teams too regularly. Lingard is never going to be the type of player to frighten the relegation fodder of the league, wheras depay has literally put defenders in tears.

Stacks

I'm not saying they're great or anything but yeah I wouldn't say they were the worst team we have played this season. That was probably Sheffield united, a game which needed Depay to come off the bench and win us a last minute penalty to go through. This wasn't merely an adventure for them in the second leg though as we were without 14 first team players, I'm not saying its not a team we should crush, but at that time It wasn't a comfortable game and we were all worried we would go out as we were playing awfully. In that circumstance Depay stepped up and put in a genuinely superb performance, that megs he did to put the ball through to mata made me jump out of my seat I have never seen anything like it, and he also scored and created havoc, the talent is certainly there to see even if its not shown itself against the better teams too regularly. Lingard is never going to be the type of player to frighten the relegation fodder of the league, wheras depay has literally put defenders in tears.
You are absolutely right. He did step up and I was thinking we would go out due to our own faults, yet Depay delivered us to salvation and I thank him for it as it was entertaining. At the same time I didn't see us as a Europa League potential winners and don't value the competition so it was just an adventure for me. I would rather we performed in the premier league to secure top 4

macheda14

I could see this season being a wake up call for him and with the likes of mourinho (a manager with a huge reputation) you could see depay working really hard to try and impress him.

Stacks

For the record, despite my harsh views, I haven't written him off. I can't bring myself to write someone off after 12 months. it doesn't sit with me. I do need to see something soon though

LouisDanGaal

Yeah and most of them are his defenders on here
Out of form depay and rojo down the left wing is enough to make all of us cry I think. I'm aware his form is very hit and miss I just think he's got a lot of potential and should be getting more minutes than he is.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
what the hell?!?! In 15 premier league starts, Lingaard has 4 goals and 1 assist, In 4 champions league sub apps, he has 1 goal and 2 assists. Thus he has an impact at a much higher level than Memphis. But Memphis who looks average vs anyone of the 25k per week standard, is supposed to be our starry talented number 7. He is just football's Adrien Broner. Lingaard is a Shawn Porter.
Where did I say he was our starry number 7? Infact I actually mentioned how poor he was at times for us.

An impact at a 'much higher level' :lol: I think there might be just a hint of exaggeration there. But if stats are your game then why didn't you include champions league and qualifiers, why didn't you mention key passes and chances created, because Depay beats Lingard in that department. Infact when looking at impact statistically going forward, their 'attacking score' combines everything and yup, you guessed it Depay trumps him again.

But I digress, my point wasn't about how well Depay had played (in fact my original point was to the contrary) it's that Depay has an xfactor that Lingard doesn't, however poor Depay has been in a game he can still win it for you in a moment of brilliance. I've been saying for a good while he's a confidence player and that when he does something wrong it'd exaggerated. But he needs to up his game considerably to be a United regular, I just beleive he needs game time and proper player management to do that.

Spock

Give Memphis a second chance. He's clearly got the talent platform and athleticism, but what let him down this season was his attitude. He bought into the hype and ignored the basics of what a professional footballer has to do.

Where was Ryan Giggs when players like Memphis and Adnan needed his guidance?

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Give Memphis a second chance. He's clearly got the talent platform and athleticism, but what let him down this season was his attitude. He bought into the hype and ignored the basics of what a professional footballer has to do.

:yawn:

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre

Just like few other underperforming ones, Memphis will probably get some sort of a clean slate with new boss in charge.

Hopefully Jose will unlock much needed commitment and typical winner's arrogance on the pitch. Memphis got goods in his legs but his brain indeed needs some serious calibration with the Premier League.

acnumber9

Stacks

Where did I say he was our starry number 7? Infact I actually mentioned how poor he was at times for us.

An impact at a 'much higher level' :lol: I think there might be just a hint of exaggeration there. But if stats are your game then why didn't you include champions league and qualifiers, why didn't you mention key passes and chances created, because Depay beats Lingard in that department. Infact when looking at impact statistically going forward, their 'attacking score' combines everything and yup, you guessed it Depay trumps him again.

But I digress, my point wasn't about how well Depay had played (in fact my original point was to the contrary) it's that Depay has an xfactor that Lingard doesn't, however poor Depay has been in a game he can still win it for you in a moment of brilliance. I've been saying for a good while he's a confidence player and that when he does something wrong it'd exaggerated. But he needs to up his game considerably to be a United regular, I just beleive he needs game time and proper player management to do that.
Lingaard is no more than back up level it is true, yet has more assists, more goals, in the premiership. I don't know how on Earth Memphis has higher attack score as they have created 11 chances each. Seems like bias. Any way, Memphis acts like he can win games, and fools people that he has this x factor but he really doesn't. Even Nani had an x factor. I don't see it with Memphis. He is a pretty good salesman as he sells this image well.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!

Agenda much

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
He's been completely overshadowed by Martial and Rashford. Big next season for him, if he doesn't perform I think he'll be sold.

Shark

@NotShark
I still have a glimmer of hope that he'll turn out good. He currently looks absolutely shite though and out of his depth.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
He needs another season. It's only in the last few weeks we've actually started playing something resembling attacking football, but he's now not getting a sniff because Martial and Rashford are tearing it up, and Lingard puts in huge shifts.

I still think there is something about him worth giving chances to, and I don't think any player should be binned after only one season. Him, Darmian, and Schneiderlin should all get a 2nd season to prove their worth. Especially has this season has been miserable for the most part.

WhoDaGOAT

He need to stick it out and come back strong after a summer break where he doesn't let himself go.

Shaw had a tough first season too and came back hungrier from it. Evra took a good year to really settle into the side and become a world class player.

It can take time. He's a prideful guy with huge self belief, so this will have dented his ego somewhat. But he can't just let his Old Trafford career slip away so easily. He's still young at 22, so there's no need for him or the club to call it quits at this stage. Unless of course LvG stays on and has had a falling out with him.

He deserves a fresh start under a new regime. There have been glimpses of his potential.

Bwuk

We won't sell him.

It'd look bad on our part to future potential signings that we've punted both him and AdM after one year.

dichinero

Did well when he came on, considering he only had 9 minutes to do something against a parked bus. Should have won us a penalty if Oliver didn't have dicks for eyes.
Watch people have a go at him for hitting the wall with the free kick and forget Rooney did the same today

YouOnlyLiveTwice

He did really well.

I said before that late subs is most likely the best way for him at the moment where he can run at tired defenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.