5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil may care

Some decent threaded balls but he needs more protection next to him against teams that break with pace.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He looked a little rusty at first but worked well into the game, and helped us control the match. Had zero forward runners to pick out so was limited to tame passes into feet, but overall we definitely needed him back.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
Terrible first half but one of our better players in the 2nd. Think it would have made more sense to ease him in from the bench

ZDwyr

He looked a little rusty at first but worked well into the game, and helped us control the match. Had zero forward runners to pick out so was limited to tame passes into feet, but overall we definitely needed him back.
Agree. He was a lot better after a shaky start. Surprised he played the full game after coming back from an injury though.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Agree. He was a lot better after a shaky start. Surprised he played the full game after coming back from an injury though.
Don't think we had many options, schneiderlin could have come in but he wouldn't have offered much in the forward passing stakes, it was quite a slow tempo all game so I think that helped keep his legs really.

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
Needs us to be in control of games to have the necessary time and space to be effective. It's always been his problem because he simply does not have the ability to create time and space for himself and that's what has kept him a level below the best. He needs an absolute fecking age on the ball.

Can't have him here beyond this season and if we are injury free he shouldn't be starting.

Man Utd 0:0 West Ham

Minimalist

Thought he was awful today. Plenty of forward passes to please some but nearly all of them pointless hospital passes. Offers feck all protection as well.

Looked completely fried by the end to boot.

He's done.

Devil may care

I thought he added some urgency to our play, the problem is he really needs the 2 man protection in there these days, the double pivot leaves him much to exposed to any counters.

acnumber9

Thought he was awful today. Plenty of forward passes to please some but nearly all of them pointless hospital passes. Offers feck all protection as well.

He's done.
He's having a stop start season but I'd have his quick passes into the forwards above Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin's backward passing any day.

m1y2

He's done.
its harsh on him, he was trying to be positive, thats a plus from me, but that should come from the whole team... but its carricks mobility which has been a problem last couple of years, 31 yo sweinsteigger who feels at times like 38 yo next is to him not helping at all...

anyways hard to blame individuals , we have seen that we can play really good stuff if we want but we are not doing it because of managers negative tactic.. hes the main problem...

Golden Nugget

He's done.
That's rubbish. Not every ball came off yes, but some of them were down to mis-passing. Added urgency when United needed to, to please "some"? Well that includes me as I'm sick to death of this zombie passing. Look how many chances United had compared to West Ham in the first half

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
Our best passer. Should play everyweek. Maybe give Swcheinsteiger a more advanced role.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
His passing is good, but when harried, he turns to jelly and the opposition win the ball back with ease. Off the ball, players seem to walk through him and he's not mobile enough to recover.

His forward passing is among the best in the squad, along with Blind, but he looks so easy to win the ball from or take on.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons

He's done.
If he looks done then I worry about Schneiderlin.

Walters_19_MuFc

We have no one in our midfield that can play those penetrative passes into the front men. Every time he did that, there was danger. I think this is why we need to play with two wingers who hug the touchline. It will stretch teams and allow Carrick to find more of those passes to the attacking midfielder and forward.

Devil may care

His passing is good, but when harried, he turns to jelly and the opposition win the ball back with ease. Off the ball, players seem to walk through him and he's not mobile enough to recover.

His forward passing is among the best in the squad, along with Blind, but he looks so easy to win the ball from or take on.
This is it, he's still our best passer but he really struggles out of possession these days, we need to get a CM that does what he does on the ball but is about 10 years younger.

Devil may care

We have no one in our midfield that can play those penetrative passes into the front men. Every time he did that, there was danger. I think this is why we need to play with two wingers who hug the touchline. It will stretch teams and allow Carrick to find more of those passes to the attacking midfielder and forward.
Those type of wingers are dated and offer no goal threat, the fullbacks need to take up that wider slack in modern football.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
His thread quiet again. He was class as usual. He showed urgency and wanted to attack every time he got the ball.

Yes he left us exposed a few times but he was trying to score. We were at Old Trafford.

he is better than BFS and still our best midfielder. Id like to see him with Herrera and Morgan.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
His thread quiet again. He was class as usual. He showed urgency and wanted to attack every time he got the ball.

Yes he left us exposed a few times but he was trying to score. We were at Old Trafford.

he is better than BFS and still our best midfielder. Id like to see him with Herrera and Morgan.
That he is.

I thought the idea behind getting Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin was to rotate Carrick with Schweini and then play Herrera & Schneiderlin on either side of them in a 433, with those guys taking up the box to box roles. Still would prefer that midfield combination instead of the way we set up currently in a 4231.

Varun

Staff

Still our best CM when it comes to passing, be it the tempo or range of it. BFS's mobility makes him more suited to play the midfielder who supports the attack though.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Still our best CM when it comes to passing, be it the tempo or range of it. BFS's mobility makes him more suited to play the midfielder who supports the attack though.
I agree and id like to see BFS deployed further forward when Herrera isnt playing.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
This is awesome. Funny to hear him speak about 'Arry and how important it is to let young players make mistakes, instead of punishing them and discouraging them from trying things. Can't imagine who he means.

ravelston

I've been among Carrick's biggest supporters since he came to OT. I've always valued him highly - until this year. The deterioration in his play has been dramatic. A lot of it is probably system related, but in the context of that system he's been positionally poor. Add that to a lack of speed (he's only just faster that Mata - which makes him glacial) and passing that is way below his previous level and he's almost unrecognisable as the Carrick we know and (in my case) love. It's become a problem that he and Mata are slowing our transition game to the point that the opposition have plenty of time to reorganise when they lose possession.

RU Devil

Yeah, shocking the difference when he is in. No one can ping in the passes into the middle like he can, it seems. BFS is more likely to try penetrating via pass & move or even trying to dribble through, but he doesn't have the pace anymore to be as effective as previously, while Schneiderlin seems to favor the diagonal to the corners (which he is effective at), but then the move tends to die there as we're less able (or less willing) to get a good cross in. TBH, if it was Rooney or Mata who was the target of some of those passes, we'd probably have been able to nick a goal, but it was Fellaini. Granted, he did well, but he turns like a battleship and we needed a cutter.

Wish Ander was available tomorrow, but we're likely to see Carrick & BFS, maybe teamed with Fellaini, but I wish we'd put Mata in the #10 hole, while using Memphis & Lingard on the wings.

drdoityourself

He was marking Naldo for the winner, that's the problem with him, he isn't aggressive enough. There was no attempt to hold him back, no force. Their most dangerous player on set pieces had a free run to the ball. 5 mins to go and we need a winner he's strolling around waiting for our fullback to take a throw in, no urgency.
His forward passing, when he's interested in playing them are a real strength, but his presence in midfield isn't aggressive enough and for me he just doesn't exude that winning spirit a senior player and a midfielder at United should have.

Minimalist

He's such a weak, petal of a player and always has been. His marking for the third is just Carrick all over.

I'm sorry but stuff like that really pisses me off. I don't really buy into the 'chest beating' stuff that some others desire but when defending I do expect players to put themselves properly to the task and do everything they can to defend properly.

It's not good enough. He was doing it in 2010 (pathetic closing down of Robben) and he's still a spineless git when it comes to defending.

DFreshKing

LVG's fault Carrick can't mark at corners. Imagine if that was Fellaini - he still got more abuse for the game than Carrick even though he won a vital header for a goal whereas wonderbread wanders of his man 5 minutes from the end on a corner.

Terrible from a senior pro.

Minimalist

Anyone else think he's played really well? Actually looked to pass it forward which improved things.
Yup, he's looked vastly improved.

He's getting time though so he should look more comfortable. Fellaini taking some attention and Bournemouth aren't pressing him.

Status
Not open for further replies.