5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

m1y2

pretty good half by his standards but him and fellaini is really piss poor midfield overall, no signs of mobility, throw in someone as average as cleverley with no brain, just legs and we gonna win this game, absolutely no sense of closing down players, big holes in midfiled, its really nice to see players trying to press higher up the pitch but fellaini and carrick cant cover the ground as quickly, that one of the reasons we are so prone to be counter-attacked well..

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Our best player by a mile in first half, and probably still the club's best midfielder when on form. No one is even close when it comes to passing and dictating the play.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
He picks out passes like he's playing fecking FIFA. But yeah let's play Schneiderlin cos he runs around a bit

Manny

Grammar Police
He has looked good. Can find just about any pass forward.

We usually look more positive with him in the side

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Playing really well at the moment, it's a clear tactic to pick put Memphis early and to be fair he's been almost inch perfect with those passes. Encouraging, I just want to see him carry this level of positivity into our tougher games.

Minimalist

So Bournemouth figured out their first half mistake, put a closer watch, pressed him and he's totally disappeared this half.

Devil may care

Did all he could IMO, some quality passing in the first half but was always going to struggle once pressed as Fellaini was so far up the field most of the time.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Our best player by a mile in first half, and probably still the club's best midfielder when on form. No one is even close when it comes to passing and dictating the play.
Still the best central midfielder at this club.

Sylar

Still baffled how he didnt start in one of our biggest games midweek.

Acole9

Outstanding
His passing was top class particularly in the first half, at the moment I think he offers us more than Schneiderlin.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Nowadays he is a regista behind two CM's, two man midfield doesn't work for him anymore it's obvious.

Manny

Grammar Police
Thought he played well today. He's usually the one who starts our attack going by probing the defence with his passing.

Nowadays he is a regista behind two CM's, two man midfield doesn't work for him anymore it's obvious.
This

He needs to to play in the 4-1-2-3 rather the 4-2-3-1. The second formation is the one he doesn't have the legs for not the 4-3-3.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
It would have been nice to play two CM's alongside him then. Playing Mata and Fellaini either side of him is suicidal. Neither of the two can run or defend. He was basically a one man midfield.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

It would have been nice to play two CM's alongside him then. Playing Mata and Fellaini either side of him is suicidal. Neither of the two can run or defend. He was basically a one man midfield.
Yeah, it certainly wasn't a traditional 4-3-3, LvG kept the suicidal experiment from Wolfsburg to keep the fans happy with more direct football. Fair to say it didn't work out.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Even a two man midfield alongside Ander would go a long way, a three with Ander and Schneiderlin would be best though. Mata doesn't offer anything in midfield so you can't even count him and I don't know what Fellaini was doing today. Wasn't getting up into attacks and wasn't defending either. You're leaving any midfielder out to dry like that let alone one like Carrick whose deficiencies are his physical capabilities.

Sylar

I still think we wasted his prime. As much as he won, I think we could have done more for him and the team (especially for CL) by giving him competent midfielders to play with.

However now, the way were using him is kinda shocking. 34, and hes pretty much still a one man midfield for 90 minutes. Madness

Acole9

Outstanding
Back to his usual standards for most of this season today. He doesn't seem very charismatic as a person but in the dressing room I can imagine he holds a huge influence and I'm not sure if that's a good thing.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Another player van Gaal has no idea how to use and yet he is playing quite good when you consider it. Playing him alongside Mata and Fellaini is something that even the most clueless managers wouldn't do.

His passing is excellent as always, that pass for Rooney when he messed up the first touch from the halfway line into their box was amazing. Probably still the best passer in premierleague.

ZDwyr

In a midfield of Mata, Fellaini and Carrick we are so, so slow. Anyway, I thought Carrick was average. He played some pretty nice passes but he is essentially fighting a losing battle being a one man midfield.

Acole9

Outstanding
What the hell?
I remember when Moyes was in charge he come out and did a post match interview and did nothing to help the guy, I can imagine he's reacting the same towards van Gaal. I could be way off the mark here but he strikes me as being like a player from the Chelsea team wanting the manager to be sacked when the chips are down.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
He shows urgency with his passing. Actually he isour second best attacker which reveals the major problem.

his passing between the lines was excellent again even though a few were off the mark.

He would be so much better with Schniederland and Herrera or one of the youngsters.

He cant do it all on his own.

Rossa

I remember when Moyes was in charge he come out and did a post match interview and did nothing to help the guy, I can imagine he's reacting the same towards van Gaal. I could be way off the mark here but he strikes me as being like a player from the Chelsea team wanting the manager to be sacked when the chips are down.
People interpret a lot from a limited interview where most players are too concerned with being politically correct. What is there to suggest that he is going all rogue in the dressing room, spy like to get people against the manager? Silly stuff.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Terrible game, probably worst of the season, nowhere to be found on the pitch.

Bojan11

Him and Rooney should be gone in summer. Great servants, but they both past it now.

m1y2

typical carrick shitting himself when on the pitch to be one of the leaders, hats off to his career he was consistent performer but his legs are long gone, him wearing the armband only shows the lack of leaders in the team, if it wasnt for Mata having a shocker with fellaini and memphis out of the game as well I wouldnt hesitate to take him down and play our best defensive player Schneiderlin, carrick cant just help herrera to win the ball in midfield, fellaini being two steps behind is not helping at all..

It could work if all the players were in some kind of form but Herrera just got back and the team is in deep shit.. you can expect it to work suddenly lining up in this set up first time this year

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
When the going gets tough he shrivels. Nothing new.
Yep been Carricks biggest fan but not a truer word spoken. Rabbit in headlights stuff again from him. His legs are gone also far to many players running off him.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I think it's time to bring him on and control this game...

Status
Not open for further replies.