5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZDwyr

I was confused about why he didn't play. Was he on the bench?

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Read in a few places (Internet, United related fanzines) that he's retiring at the end of the season.

No idea how true it is but, he's 35 and has been ran into the ground.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Read in a few places (Internet, United related fanzines) that he's retiring at the end of the season.

More like casually ambled into the ground :)

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly

Wouldn't surprise me. I can't see him play anywhere else but United now.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Been a class player, I think he qualifies for a well deserved testimonial at the end of the season too if the plans on retiring then.

Manny

Grammar Police
He's been fantastic for us.

I know he was doing his coaching badges so I'd love for him to stay on in a coaching capacity.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Think it's his last season with us. Whether he retires is another matter. Been a class player for us and deserves a testimonial.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Still got something to offer imo. Surround him with competent players and he's still got the passing to hurt most teams

Lynty

Still got something to offer imo. Surround him with competent players and he's still got the passing to hurt most teams
Can't carry immobile players in the premier league. Every pair of legs count.

It's just a shame that our senior players seem to be fading at the same point in time, and we haven't adequately replaced them. Which, incidentally, is Fergie fault for once rather than Moyes or Van Gaal.

askabob

I'll be so sad if and when he retires.

My favorite United player of the last 10 years- he is absolute class and was incredibly underrated for a large part of his career.

Bwuk

One of the most under-rated United midfielders ever.

The only consistent in Uniteds midfield throughout the most successful period of it's history.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
One of the most under-rated United midfielders ever.

The only consistent in Uniteds midfield throughout the most successful period of it's history.
Amen. People put too much emphasis on "strong" personality and not enough on "calming influence".

Bwuk

Amen. People put too much emphasis on "strong" personality and not enough on "calming influence".
Exactly. Absolutely majestic player, and utterly bizarre that you get people who don't rate him.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Dominated domestically when there wasn't as strong opposition as their currently is. Nowhere near as successful in Europe.
Was a harder competition to win in the 90s, especially with the foreigner rule which meant that the likes of Keane and Irwin were counted as foreign players. Along with Cantona, and Hughes.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
He's been unfairly castigated this season due to people wanking off to our shit new toys. Still the best passer in the team by some distance.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
He's been unfairly castigated this season due to people wanking off to our shit new toys. Still the best passer in the team by some distance.
Without doubt.

Golden Nugget

Finally some respect from him here. Reading some of the posts it's like his career is over. Sure, he was much better last season, but he still adds calmness and passing range to the team (when he isn't paired with Fellaini).

Incredibly underrated and seems the be the scapegoat whenever anything goes wrong.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
Getting to finals isn't success.
Come on now. Getting to 3 CL finals in 4 years is a magnificent achievement. I call that success even if we lost two of them to the best team ever.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Come on now. Getting to 3 CL finals in 4 years is a magnificent achievement. I call that success even if we lost two of them to the best team ever.
Scholes, Ronaldo etc played no part ;)

Carricks been a very good player for United and I would hope he has another season or two in him. He's not (seemingly) put on any weight, or lost any pace ;). We'll have to wait and see.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
:lol: aye we might as well get put out in the group stages.

We got to the final and got beat off probably the best club side of all time.
Achievement, yes. Success for a club as big as United is winning the competition.

Also our midfield was actually our weakness those years masked and negated by the strength of our attack and defence whereas in Keane"s time I imagine the midfield, or he at least, was one of the strongest parts.

Speedicut75

Scholes, Ronaldo etc played no part ;)

Carricks been a very good player for United and I would hope he has another season or two in him. He's not (seemingly) put on any weight, or lost any pace ;). We'll have to wait and see.
Great player, no doubt, but he's a liability in terms of fitness. Hope we find a younger, less injury prone option in the main window.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Getting to the final is not success. It is still loosing, its just loosing later and having built your hopes up.

Bwuk

Achievement, yes. Success for a club as big as United is winning the competition.

Also our midfield was actually our weakness those years masked and negated by the strength of our attack and defence whereas in Keane"s time I imagine the midfield, or he at least, was one of the strongest parts.
Carrick was one of the reasons our defence was so good. He was the #6 sat in front of them.

Bwuk

Getting to the final is not success. It is still loosing, its just loosing later and having built your hopes up.
Aye, it's a good thing we got knocked out in the group stages this year, as we would of just been beaten at some point.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Aye, it's a good thing we got knocked out in the group stages this year, as we would of just been beaten at some point.
Point still stands, failing is failing if its in the qualifiers or the final.

Status
Not open for further replies.