Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He's 34. Have a feeling it's his last season with us. I think we will invest in another midfielder which will cut off his game time.

Devil may care

He's got to accept a squad role now as hes rightfully behind Schneiderlin, Herrera and Schweinsteiger in the pecking order, he's a good player to come out and see out a game of start for us in place of Schneiderlin against slower midfields who sit back.
Oh I think he accepts the role I just don't feel it suits him as he tends to need time to feel his way into the pace of a game.

Skills

Snitch
He might've really been injured in the international break. I think he's been good so far this season in 30 min sub role.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Based on his form and performances so far, this is the role he should currently play. I think we will replace him next summer

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Next year he is 35 and should head somewhere else where his skills will be used better. I could still see him having 1 or 2 good seasons for clubs like Juventus or Roma, but maybe he will choose the safe option and head to USA.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Think Basti and Morgan are our best pairing by some distance. I also think this should be his last season with us. He is still a terrific player but I think there is a limit to how you can press higher up the pitch with him in the side.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Think Basti and Morgan are our best pairing by some distance. I also think this should be his last season with us. He is still a terrific player but I think there is a limit to how you can press higher up the pitch with him in the side.
Exactly. At this stage of his career it is vital for him that he plays behind two hard working midfielders.

m1y2

As much as I prefer all other midfield combinations without Carrick. I think he's still valuable to the team, when he's used like this, being fresh playing every third game aginst lesser oppositions. So one year extension wouldn't be bad, at the same time, he's already replaced with Basti so we could give chance to some youth players like Pearson/Goss/TFM for that position...

NoPace

Exactly. At this stage of his career it is vital for him that he plays behind two hard working midfielders.
If we were playing one of the big 3 in Europe I think we'd have to seriously think about Herrera out left, Martial up top, Mata out right and Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin in front of Carrick.

Wouldn't trust Young to do much against the elite teams and those are pretty clearly our 6 best midfielders + attackers.

LR7

Last season Carrick benefitted from playing in a midfield three with Herrera and Fellaini. They provided the legs, energy and tempo and allowed Carrick to get on with controlling our game with his passing, whilst not having to cover the amount of ground that he inevitably does in a midfield two.

Carrick and Bastian might both be fantastic, classy players but it's not hard to see how a midfield of the two of them together might lack a bit of pace and energy in midfield, compared to a trio with Schneiderlin, Herrera or Fellaini.

I don't think Carrick is done at all, he just needs to be used correctly. Even in our current formation he'd look better with Herrera at number ten as he contributes more in midfield. I don't really mind which one of Carrick/Schweinsteiger start for us as long as it's not both on a midfield two. They both have a lot to give this season and with all the games we have, and the right amount of rotation, age doesn't have to be an issue at all.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Not looking good for him is it? He seems to have really dropped down the pecking order.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Yep doesn't look good thought he would play today after not making an appearance during the week.

Man Utd 0:0 Middlesbrough

m1y2

Is this the end of Michael Carrick? Yes definitely it is. He's fecking zombie, as a captain he should impose himself much more in the game, he looks like he played 270 minutes yesterday. This is not fecking 80s and this is not at all captains performance, Fellaini's ot helping being another zombie but this is just unacceptable..

I was actually looking forward to seeing him this game as he should have been fresh and ready to fight Basti back but it seems like he lost any kind of motivation...

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Meh so far.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
I'm reminded of Schneiderlin at the weekend who was looking for space to pick the ball up off his centre backs, actively looking to impose himself on the midfield. All of which Carrick is failing to do, against Middlesbrough.

Eddy_JukeZ

Not seeking the ball enough. Very disappointing.

I think Carrick like Rooney are finished at the top level.

Minimalist

He's cooked. To be fair, even at his best he's slow as feck but at the moment, he's like a pensioner out there.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He's been so poor, he's just doing nothing, it's the safe pass every time - and people want him to start in the premier league.

ivaldo

Agreed. He had a good 2nd half, passing has been good and he's picking out players between the lines.

Looking tired now, just been caught in possession
Dear god you have low standards.

ivaldo

Caps off a fine performance.

m1y2

no reason to keep him in the team, he never had any kind of leadership in him, never liked this calm captains... that only shows lack of leaders in our team...

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
He's never struck me as a confident penalty taker. I think he felt obliged as one of the senior players.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

What do you Guys expect of him? Admittedly i have a soft spot for Carrick, but i think some of you are being a bit unfair.

Devil may care

I expected him to boss a game like that, Fellaini covered plenty of ground next to him but he just seemed disinterested in really trying to lead the team and dictate things.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

To act and play like the most experienced player on the pitch?
He controlled our play and was making forward passes, alot of the time our attacking players couldn't controll the ball which aren't exactly Carrick's fault.
This is his role, he isn't a box-to-box midfielder, he sits Deep and control from there.

Kag

He controlled our play and was making forward passes, alot of the time our attacking players couldn't controll the ball which aren't exactly Carrick's fault.
This is his role, he isn't a box-to-box midfielder, he sits Deep and control from there.
Controlled our play? For the first 45 he hid behind the Boro' striker and left it all to Pereira. The rest of the game was marginally better but still a shambles of a performance.

I know exactly what his role is, but it's safe to say he had no interest in doing it.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Controlled our play? For the first 45 he hid behind the Boro' striker and left it all to Pereira. The rest of the game was marginally better but still a shambles of a performance.

I know exactly what his role is, but it's safe to say he had no interest in doing it.
No need to further discuss then, we watched a different game.

m1y2

fecking hell, watch again the first half, he was asleep lacking any kind of motivation, we neede to lift from a player like him, he also had an armband ffs... he played like he went to school and next day after a marathon... second half was better some good penetrating passes when it opened and he got hairdried most of all people but overall he's done at top level. Player who can't run with the ball and even without in modern game is just fecking useless no matter how good he's with his passing, when he's got no time on it... I hope we are ruthless in the summer. We already replaced him with Sweinsteigger, thevacant place can go to TFM/Pearson if they are up to it..

EDIT: It looks like you alone watched different game..

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Shocking this season really. Still think he'll go on a good run soon enough though as he always does. Awful pen though.

Status
Not open for further replies.