Mo Salah

Eli Zee

His brother & sister-in-law are selfish pricks for having a wedding like that right now.
Agreed.
My cousin had a wedding... not only that, but they searched for a venue that would specifically allow you to be maskless on the dance floor since others said you couldn't... some people just don't care.

anyway, hopefully Mo gets well soon. It would be a shame for a player to have a bad case of covid and their professional career take a big dip or end completely

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Remember the shit Grealish got for going to a party? Salah actually catches the virus and it’s brushed under the carpet.
Brushed under the carpet so much that it immediately got out in the press and he gets immediately condemned for it. Right.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Why? It's allowed in their country. Salah should have worn his masque or shouldn't have attended.
So what if it's allowed by the government? It's allowed in my country to punch myself in the balls 10 times a day, every day. I rarely do that because it would be dumb.

There's a worldwide pandemic going on that has infected tens of millions. Delay the wedding for a bit and maybe you don't get your loved ones infected with a potentially life-changing illness.

duffer

Scout
Agreed.
My cousin had a wedding... not only that, but they searched for a venue that would specifically allow you to be maskless on the dance floor since others said you couldn't... some people just don't care.

anyway, hopefully Mo gets well soon. It would be a shame for a player to have a bad case of covid and their professional career take a big dip or end completely
I recently missed my nan's funeral because my dad didn't want the whole duffer clan travelling from across the country (we are all over the place) and meeting up. Ended up watching it on a stream. Very strange.

And that was a funeral! The idea of someone inviting people to a wedding now is just bonkers. Just wait a bit for your party.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I recently missed my nan's funeral because my dad didn't want the whole duffer clan travelling from across the country (we are all over the place) and meeting up. Ended up watching it on a stream. Very strange.

And that was a funeral! The idea of someone inviting people to a wedding now is just bonkers. Just wait a bit for your party.
Or it could end up being a wake

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
So what if it's allowed by the government? It's allowed in my country to punch myself in the balls 10 times a day, every day. I rarely do that because it would be dumb.

There's a worldwide pandemic going on that has infected tens of millions. Delay the wedding for a bit and maybe you don't get your loved ones infected with a potentially life-changing illness.
Rarely?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Brushed under the carpet so much that it immediately got out in the press and he gets immediately condemned for it. Right.
Grealish was front page news, the press basically bullied him into an apology.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Grealish was front page news, the press basically bullied him into an apology.
I never said anything about Grealish though.

You said this is getting swept under the carpet when quite clearly it isn’t, and it’s not like they are comparable incidents either. Grealish broke the lockdown rules when corona was all that mattered (in England while being English), so obviously it got a lot of attention. Whilst Salah did an unbelievably stupid and irresponsible thing, he didn’t do anything illegal as far as I know. But he’s also rightfully getting condemned for it.

Mindhunter

It’s hard to have sympathy when someone thinks they are exceptional to everything going on at the moment.
I would not judge so soon. It was a family event and it was an emotional decision. Expecting human beings to act logically all the time is unrealistic. He could have stayed back and still gotten infected for all we know.

Liverpool may see him as their greatest asset and attending such an event during a pandemic the biggest risk to the value of that asset. He doesn't see life like that though - for him it could be missing out on a really important event in his life. Judging him for that is unfair in my opinion. This has been a tough year for everybody.

People are fatigued, both mentally and physically. Football has to move on because of the entertainment value it provides and the millions of people it employs across the globe - I get all that. But human beings don't feel like that. We need to be more forgiving and compassionate.

clarkydaz

Had it twice. Back in march, 4 weeks of headaches, slight fever and burning lungs. Second time around in autumn, same symptoms as you, healthy within under a week.

Most professional athletes will crush it with ease.
there are people in the Pogba thread convinced he is still affected by it since August :houllier:

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
He is not allowed to make mistakes because?
Eh? What was the mistake, then? Traveling abroad during a pandemic in order to attend a wedding where a bunch of people didn't give a shit about masks or distancing? That kind of mistake? Not wearing his own mask at said wedding? That kind of mistake?

No, he really isn't allowed to make that kind of mistake as a presumably responsible adult. In fact, the above isn't a "mistake" - it's blatant negligence.

duffer

Scout
I would not judge so soon. It was a family event and it was an emotional decision. Expecting human beings to act logically all the time is unrealistic. He could have stayed back and still gotten infected for all we know.

Liverpool may see him as their greatest asset and attending such an event during a pandemic the biggest risk to the value of that asset. He doesn't see life like that though - for him it could be missing out on a really important event in his life. Judging him for that is unfair in my opinion. This has been a tough year for everybody.

People are fatigued, both mentally and physically. Football has to move on because of the entertainment value it provides and the millions of people it employs across the globe - I get all that. But human beings don't feel like that. We need to be more forgiving and compassionate.
People need to be called out on certain things. Nobody is saying he should be sacked or sent to prison but if you do something really dumb you should prepare to face some criticism.

Mindhunter

Eh? What was the mistake, then? Traveling abroad during a pandemic in order to attend a wedding where a bunch of people didn't give a shit about masks or distancing? That kind of mistake? Not wearing his own mask at said wedding? That kind of mistake?

No, he really isn't allowed to make that kind of mistake as a presumably responsible adult. In fact, the above isn't a "mistake" - it's blatant negligence.
No it isn't. It is a mistake. How many mistakes you have made in your life as a presumably responsible adult? I have made plenty in my life. Shit happens. Human beings are not perfect, they will make mistakes.

Stop hiding behind a keyboard and holding others at a higher standard due their choice of vocation. Salah doesn't owe any of us anything. He has made a mistake and is now suffering the consequences.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies

Yes, people are fatigued, hence it's fecking annoying when you see someone think they are above everything. You're way off the mark here in my opinion, sorry.

Libano

there are people in the Pogba thread convinced he is still affected by it since August :houllier:
It's not impossible. Lung performance can take months to get back to 100%. I felt slightly short of breath for longer than I wanted. But I'm not a good reference at all. Pogba is younger and infinitely fitter.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
No it isn't. It is a mistake. How many mistakes you have made in your life as a presumably responsible adult? I have made plenty in my life. Shit happens. Human beings are not perfect, they will make mistakes.

Stop hiding behind a keyboard and holding others at a higher standard due their choice of vocation. Salah doesn't owe any of us anything. He has made a mistake and is now suffering the consequences.
What's the problem here? That people are calling him a feckin' idiot? Because that's what's happening. Nobody's calling him a horrible human being. He's being called out for having done something feckin' stupid. Some would say reckless, irresponsible, whatever. Bottom line: he has fecked up royally - and he's been called out for it. Do you actually have a problem with that?

For feck's sake.

Davie Moyes

I'm sure I read the Egypt FA statement saying he's shown no signs of symptoms so should be back fully fit after 2 weeks isolation (for those wondering how it could affect him).

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I never said anything about Grealish though.

You said this is getting swept under the carpet when quite clearly it isn’t, and it’s not like they are comparable incidents either. Grealish broke the lockdown rules when corona was all that mattered (in England while being English), so obviously it got a lot of attention. Whilst Salah did an unbelievably stupid and irresponsible thing, he didn’t do anything illegal as far as I know. But he’s also rightfully getting condemned for it.
No I know, I did. I said that people were in uproar about Grealish venturing down the road for a few hours, while seemingly less people give a shit that Salah actually travelled to another country and brought the virus back with him.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Can you imagine the press if Greenwood was pictured in a wedding with 500 people back in his hometown Bradford?

Crustanoid

Can you imagine the press if Greenwood was pictured in a wedding with 500 people back in his hometown Bradford?
He’d be all over the papers, being crucified by journalists-they’d call for him never to play for England again. Salah will probably get an MBE as reward

RashyForPM

He’d be all over the papers, being crucified by journalists-they’d call for him never to play for England again. Salah will probably get an MBE as reward
Yeah for bringing awareness to the virus :lol: Honestly though, what he did was clueless, selfish and stupid, but naturally I do wish him the speediest recovery possible.

P.S. The media's agenda against Greenwood, while he does need to set his head straight, is pretty shocking and disgusting.

footballistic orgasm

Supports
No team in particular

It was a ceremony taking place in their country which (like most african countries) haven't been hit hard by the Covid virus, so why should they not continue having events if the law allows them to?

Like i said, Salah shouldn't have attended, or should have won a mask.

Skills

Snitch
He should have to self isolate for 2 weeks upon his return irrespective of his test result. Egypt is not on the travel corridor and he quite obviously broke out of the football bubble.

duffer

Scout
It was a ceremony taking place in their country which (like most african countries) haven't been hit hard by the Covid virus, so why should they not continue having events if the law allows them to?

Like i said, Salah shouldn't have attended, or should have won a mask.
"Why shouldn't they continue having events if the law allows them to?"

Because they don't want their loved ones to get Covid-19 perhaps?

I do understand people saying "feck it, I'll be fine, I'll take a risk" but I don't understand risking other people's health (especially my family and friends) for something that can very easily be delayed, like a wedding.

Tough on Salah, Thinking about it, I don't really blame him for attending his brothers wedding, I'd probably do the same in his position. His brother is the whopper.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I live in a country where Covid isn't even considered that seriously, same lifestyle as before, same marriages, same parties, same gatherings. I have many friends who work in various hospitals and there hasn't been any spike in terms of Covid patients. By that I just wanna say that I understand Mo Salah going back home and letting it loose.

Patchbeard

I live in a country where Covid isn't even considered that seriously, same lifestyle as before, same marriages, same parties, same gatherings. I have many friends who work in various hospitals and there hasn't been any spike in terms of Covid patients. By that I just wanna say that I understand Mo Salah going back home and letting it loose.
Where, may I ask?