Mourinho - Appreciation Thread

Tiber

Squad still isnt up to it, but 2 trophies and back in the CL... ta Jose

redshaw

I can see he's hurt by the sixth place but thrilled with another trophy. He's a top manager who I hope can stay with us for a long time and achieve much more.

He might have to learn to manage a bigger squad and rotate some kids here at United. Fergie knows this, teams raise their game and injuries come. What Fergie achieved is remarkable with back to back titles being the huge scalp, fans baying for our blood.

keithsingleton

I even loved Mourinho at Porta and chavs. There's just something about him that does it for me. Here's hoping he becomes Sir Alex No 2

Munkehboi

TBH we had only lost 5 games in the leauge all season, same amount as Chelsea and one of those losses was when we had given up on the leauge so he's made us very difficult to beat. Its just the draws that we should have won.

With a this summer transfer window I fully expect Jose to address our attacking problems so that we change the majority of those draws into wins next season!

The Hacker

Crazy first season, and I think the challenges will help him more than if it were an easy one (season) re injuries etc.

He has given Woodward a list, 2 months ago. He knows what or rather who he wants. Not dithering like Dave and not Having a punt like LVG kinda did. He knows. He has already drawn his first 11 for next season. He will go on holiday and come back ready for the season even more than he was this time round.

Cannot wait till next season now!!

Michael John Doyle

Great first season for the new gaffer. Done it with 4 of his own players, a few good men and a Moyes/LVG mash up of average injured deadwood. Another transfer window with a top goalscorer leading the line an a few more mercurial additions and I think the league/FA cup combo could be on the cards

AXVnee7

There's just no better manager for a final. Especially a European one.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Fantastic manager. I think as a neutral, he would definitely be your pick for a cup final manager. His record speaks for itself.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Mourinho is the first coach to win the Champions League and Europa cup more than once.

Sylar

A winner, something we need.

I always thought we should have got him after Fergie. But in a way, its possible he might have been gone by now if that was the case and we would be back in the same position. Now its sorta like hes gone a humble route, he wants this to be long term imo, and hes building his own team.
Trophies keep us going and most of his signings have been embedded into the team. Now he can have another window of getting 4 or 5 players to fit into this team, along with some youngsters.

I think we have a better chance of winning the CL than the league because of the way he sets it up. Hopefully the players he brings in can concentrate the full 90 and pull it off the majority of the games.

Rusholme Ruffian

Interesting that some of the most outspoken critics of Mourinho are conspicuous in their absence tonight. They'd rather not celebrate a great victory because they can't bring themselves to give the manager one iota of credit. Imagine hating the manager more than you love the club?!

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
The guy guarantees success, why we faffed around with Moyes and LVG I'll never know

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Not done too badly here has he :D

Honestly expecting a very tasty summer and a great campaign next season.

Wicked_Badger

How would we rate this season for him then? I'd imagine the expectation was to get back into the champs league, which we've done whilst winning two trophies.

The foundations are there though. We are hard to beat, if we are more clinical next year I think we will challenge for the title.
If I had to describe it in one word, it would be 'better'.

Better football (generally). Better players (rid of some deadwood & bought better replacements). Better results (3 trophies & CL qualification).

Huge deal to qualify for the CL. Given the extra resources & pulling power it gives us, I truly think tonight may be the most important night in Jose's Man Utd career.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
His record in finals and most European campaigns is pretty ridiculous.

Triple.Threat

two words "Serial Winner"..

I actually Googled it after i typed it and the first match was Jose Mourinho. :lol::lol:

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
He's a winner, he's nice looking (my g/f says so, and she's still in her 20s...), he's funny as feck, he loves trolling rival teams...

And most importantly he's putting this club back on the fecking map and bringing trophies home to Old Trafford, where they fecking well belong.

I Love José, always have, always will.

gibers

He is the modern day Capello and the antithesis of Dutch football lol

Beat van Gaal at Bayern
Battled Pep and beat Barcelona in the end
Now defeated Ajax with the new "Cruyff"

He's completed the set of defeating the clubs that symbolise that style.

Hate him or love him, in a final I would take him over every manager.

Reactions: Invictus

Inter Yer Nan

Funny I've seen that quote about him and not wanting to win the Europa League and predictably it's completely out of context. Said his team shouldn't be playing Europa League and he's right hence why the fecker qualifies his team for the champions league.

AXVnee7

Thank you Mourinho. Thank you for shutting the scousers up over Klopp getting them to two finals.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Takes the pressure off. He's looked desperately tense for the last few weeks. Not at his best when he's in the horrors but we were so composed tonight. Looking forward to seeing how he approaches next season.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
As first seasons go for a manager this is a pretty damn good one for Jose. Two trophies, one of which is only the 5th major European trophy in our history. Not long ago winning multiple trophies was a distant memory.

I don't consider the league campaign as awful as some are making out. We had a 25+ game unbeaten run and if it wasn't for some awful finishing plus a bit of bad luck, we would easily have won 6 of those many home draws and comfortably finished in the top 3.

Get the right players in this Summer and we have an excellent chance of challenging for the PL and having a decent CL campaign.

Compare that to where we were with Moyes and LVG after 12 months. It's night and day. That's the difference having one of the best managers in the world makes.

(It can be shit to watch sometimes though and he's a miserable fecker too much of the time :))

a_devil_inside

Big footed hermaphrodite
One of the best things tonight for me was to see Mourinho happy and celebrating. He's looked so glum all season but watching those scenes with his son, his staff and his players showed how much it means to him.
Must be hard having to commute to London all the time and the problems with his wife's health I think it was.
The players believe in him too.

ColvaleGoa

Interesting that some of the most outspoken critics of Mourinho are conspicuous in their absence tonight. They'd rather not celebrate a great victory because they can't bring themselves to give the manager one iota of credit. Imagine hating the manager more than you love the club?!
This. Made even the pundits eat humble pie!