Mourinho to United | Officially Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

SER19

Great manager and potential to be a huge success here. The joy at the announcement is strange though it could equally become toxic and be a disaster. Mourinho is not a guarantee and should have to work very hard to earn the respect of a club like United given some of his history.

He's a winner though and has great presence, hopefully channels it well here.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Always liked hi.......

:(
Aww mate :( Come on now, i'm one of the few fans on here who's not a Mourinho fan, but surely he'll be an improvement... God I hope I'm not cursing this.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
My family were in same hotel as the squad. Lou Macari said there'll be news after the game.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Let hope he does not change much of the United Philosophy. That helped Van Gaal towards the end of the season and with our FA cup victory.

The great thing about this appointment is that he is motivated to achieve something and prove he is still one of the best manager in football after the disasters us period he had at Chelsea this season.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I would never have wanted him at OT, but after LVG this almost feels like a huge relief If true.

And to think, some people actually thought this wouldn't happen if we won today, even going as far as wanting us to lose.

BahamaRed

Legend
Manchester United will appoint Jose Mourinho as their new manager, BBC Sport understands.

Mourinho has been out of work since he was sacked by Chelsea in December.

With United failing to qualify for the Champions League under Louis van Gaal, the Old Trafford hierarchy are thought to have decided a change is required.

It is understood a deal with Mourinho was agreed in principle before Saturday's FA Cup final victory against Crystal Palace.

The club plan to announce his arrival early next week after telling Van Gaal his reign has come to an end.

The Dutchman still has one season remaining on his three-year deal, but despite spending £250m on new players, his tenure has disappointed many fans, the club finishing fourth and then fifth in the Premier League.

Van Gaal's grip on his job has seemed increasingly fragile this season, with Mourinho known to covet the task of masterminding a revival at United three years after legendary former manager Sir Alex Ferguson stepped down.

More to follow.

Shark

@NotShark
I couldn't be happier right now, aside from the Liverpool wanker manager switching channel as we were lifting the cup, I couldn't be happier.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
WHAT A FECKING DAY LADS!! Fecking delighted! I actually can't believe it's happening, we've been through so much these past few months.

Dobba

Well it is time for me to hope that he's gone and decided he's all for giving youth players a chance, not throwing the team under the bus, not acting like a complete cnut and sticking around long enough to require a long-term vision I guess.

Feck it.

kps88

I really hope LVG already knew about this. If not, what a terrible way to celebrate winning a trophy.

Member 60376

Bye LVG and thanks for your efforts, ultimately we were not good enough. Shame because it had so much potential

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
So much joy: the Cup and Jose on the same afternoon! :lol:

Sigma

BBC saying they will confirm in Tuesday but surely this is out in the open now, they have to confirm it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.