Mourinho to United | Officially Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shark

@NotShark
I'm not too thrilled with Mourinho, but I hope hes successful here.
Itd be interesting to see how quick Utd fans here turn on him if it doesnt start well.
I think we're used enough to being shit. Can't see the fans turning on him if he starts bad at all.

hobbers

I don't know why Mendes has decided this news should come out this evening. What does it gain him?

Don't think anyone can blame Mourinho for it, I can't see him wanting this news leaked today specifically, because of his respect for LVG and for United.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I find what Mendes has done here, extremely disrespectful. Shows an epic lack of class.

Eriku

I really hope this doesn't mean that the likes of Lingard, CBJ, Rashford won't get much of a look-in next season.

Can't say I'm chuffed about Mourinho coming.

Skills

Snitch
I think it's great it's come out like this. Anything that makes Van Gaal miserable adds to the joy of this day.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
I really can't see how this benefits United.

What happened to longevity ?
Longevity is something that derives from continued success. Glad we're doing our best to address the "success" part upon which we can hope to build the longevity.

Maroo

This classless episode is just a sample of what Jose Mourinho and his team would bring to United. So disappointed at this potential appointment :(

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Funny feeljng, knowkng your new manager is a complete cnut

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I can see Mourinho at United for atleast 5 years.

He's looking to settle down with a club now because of family wanting stability.

It's a shame how the news broke though.

Empire

This squad need bulking out, Jose will not want such a thin squad. He is the sort who wants to go for everything.
Depends on how he rates the young players, we had almost a new 11 this season, the following were either adapting to the club or having their first season in the first team:

Romero

Darmian
Fosu-Mensah
(Blank)
CBJ

Schneiderlin
Schweinsteiger

Lingard
Memphis
Martial

Rashford

It's not surprising we were so inconsistent when so many players come in but these guys have had their first season, they should be better next year, Mourinho just needs key signings, LCB, RW, Zlatan and maybe creative CM (perhaps someone young here because of Schweinsteiger's injury problems) and he might use Valencia as a RW therefore a right back however a back up will suffice.

Thus far our squad size is 24 (not including most young players, only the ones listed above), then we will surely sign a CB, RW and Zlatan at least, that's 27. He'll get rid of one or two probably, this is the job where he'll show the youth thing is a myth, like he used Zouma and Varane, he'll use our youth because they'll show him they are good enough.

The scouting is surely in place for RW and LCB and likely a young player for creative centre mid and Louis would have scouted top players e.g. his refusal to sign RW unless they were one of the best in their position or one of the best young players.

Mourinho won't rip it up, just tweak it.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
This classless episode is just a sample of what Jose Mourinho and his team would bring to United. So disappointed at this potential appointment :(
I'd take Nigel Pearson if he brought league wins and champions leagues.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Okay then, fasten your seat belts... It's gonna be a ride.
Hugely disappointed at Mourinho's arrival. Probably quite alone in that.
Thing is, what other options do we have left? Giggs? Koeman? Conte? Ancelloti? He's the most ideal solution...
Everyone has their own feelings on this, and I accept that but time is running out. If we dither on this, we'll pay the price.
And, I think Mourinho now has a point to prove, and has always wanted to manager us. I think we're going to be pleasantly surprised.

OneUnited24

I don't know why Mendes has decided this news should come out this evening. What does it gain him?

Don't think anyone can blame Mourinho for it, I can't see him wanting this news leaked today specifically, because of his respect for LVG and for United.
Now im just guessing here, but does it seem out of character for him to want to be the big story even after we've won a trophy?

His ego will get such a boast when he looks at the papers tomorrow morning...

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
I think the story was leaked so quickly because of the emotion involved in winning the cup. Mourinho has been waiting for months for the job and announcing it now takes away the prospect of United changing their mind as such. It could have waited another day or so and I wont believe it until its signed.

Alonzo

I hope some people on here will write apologies to Woodward for all the ballox they have written. After the nightmare of December, there was no-one better to immediately replace LVG with.

With Mourinho unavailable due to Chelsea contract gardening leave, he had to deny LVG'S offer for resignation and somehow reassure and remotivate him, whilst sacking him at the end of the season!

With the FA Cup bringing back memories of the winning feeling, Woodward deserves a lot of credit for how he has handled this situation: with maturity, professionalism and strict confidence. Not surprising that the Glazers trust him so much.
You're joking. No one owes Woodward a thing. We hold ourselves up as as big as Bayern, real, Barca.. There would've been chaos in the stands if any of those three clubs stuck with a lame duck as long as we did. And that falls at the feet of Ed alone. Rose tinted specs only go so far. Nowhere near that far.

simmee

Why would they leak it without United knowing when the deal isn't even finalised? Classless and stupid as feck. Hope we turn him and his dickhead entourage down

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
I think this distracts from all the people unhappy with LVG so it does him a favor. People maybe start to rewrite history. I don't think it's a bad thing as I think he's known for a good while. It might even have been tied into finishing 4th. Irrespective, it won't stop LVG enjoying the win. Why should it? There would be speculation on his future anyway.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Thing is, what other options do we have left? Giggs? Koeman? Conte? Ancelloti? He's the most ideal solution...
Everyone has their own feelings on this, and I accept that but time is running out. If we dither on this, we'll pay the price.
And, I think Mourinho now has a point to prove, and has always wanted to manager us. I think we're going to be pleasantly surprised.
Conte and Ancelotti are in new jobs (Chelsea and Bayern).

Crackers

greasy ginfers
God Pardew looked like such a fecking moron when he danced. I'm glad to see it'll be etched into history, the utter twat cnut.

Minimalist

Good to see the morality brigade out in force. :lol:

I couldn't care less about the timing. It makes the cup win even better.

It needed to happen and it puts a lot of us out of our misery (worrying about the disaster LVG/Giggs scenario).

Status
Not open for further replies.