6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

krazyrobus

Good God, how could Chelsea sell this guy, amazing defensive shield, and now our main distributor at a level on par with Pogba and making us barely miss Pogba.

At this pace he will be our player of the season by a landslide.

Womp

idiot
Is there a gif for his pass to Darmian? That's gotta be one of the best passes I've ever seen, absolutely phenomenal. Perfect speed, weight and execution

NYAS

Is there a gif for his pass to Darmian? That's gotta be one of the best passes I've ever seen, absolutely phenomenal. Perfect speed, weight and execution
Video on the previous page.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I hope he picks a phantom injury around the 85th minute of the Palace game that magically heals before our next PL game... he needs a rest, and is massively important whilst Pogs is out.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
We really shouldn't have, it will have meant less time for Martial/Rashford.
Jose was always planning to play 3-5-2 this summer with Perisic as LWB, that would have meant 1 of Rashford/Martial pairing Lukaku up top.

IMO they wouldn't have lost any game time, it would have been Shaw/Darmian/Mata/Lingard who suffered more.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Jose was always planning to play 3-5-2 this summer with Perisic as LWB, that would have meant 1 of Rashford/Martial pairing Lukaku up top.

IMO they wouldn't have lost any game time, it would have been Shaw/Darmian/Mata/Lingard who suffered more.
The team is in great form anyway so it's moot point tbh. Perisic playing doesn't automatically means more goals for Lukaku. Football isn't as straighforward as that.

Adam-Utd

The team is in great form anyway so it's moot point tbh. Perisic playing doesn't automatically means more goals for Lukaku. Football isn't as straighforward as that.
Yeah that's true, I just think with Perisic's speed and crossing from LWB we could have had a few more easier chances inside the box. He puts chance after chance on a plate for Icardi.

Anyway we're doing good like you say, right now we've got to take advantage of this form from Martial.

Drifter

American
Was not that excited when we were linked to him. But man i was wrong. He is the glue that holds the midfield together and allows other players to concentrate on what they do. Taken awhile but at last we may have found our defensive midfielder.

PlayerOne

What a signing! Making all difference to the team, does his job perfectly. Must be a dream to play with

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Also Perisic isn't a wingback, so why were we intent on signing a left-winger/forward to play wingback? That makes zero sense, especially as he had very little to no experience with the role.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Also Perisic isn't a wingback, so why were we intent on signing a left-winger/forward to play wingback? That makes zero sense, especially as he had very little to no experience with the role.
It'd have been a waste of his talent if he is as good as many believe he is. If he was as good as many believed, the club wouldn't have hesitated to land him.

Struck me the other night that Mourinho could quite easily have quoted big Ron word for word when he signed Matic.

“There is no gamble paying this money for Matic (originally Robbo), he is solid gold”.
Absolutely outrageous signing, totally baffling that Chelsea agreed to it.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Struck me the other night that Mourinho could quite easily have quoted big Ron word for word when he signed Matic.

Absolutely outrageous signing, totally baffling that Chelsea agreed to it.
They've replaced him with an inferior player while making their rivals significantly stronger. Bizarre.

Yakuza_devils

Mourinho should rest him in CL games as our group is quite easy. Play him only in EPL to allow him more rest and to avoid injury.

haram

They've replaced him with an inferior player while making their rivals significantly stronger. Bizarre.
Well they replaced him with Bakayoko, and it would be unfair to call him inferior. He is also a different type of player so has a slightly different impact on the Chelsea team. They shouldn't have sold Matic to us though, yeah.

ivaldo

Well they replaced him with Bakayoko, and it would be unfair to call him inferior. He is also a different type of player so has a slightly different impact on the Chelsea team. They shouldn't have sold Matic to us though, yeah.
It's not unfair when it's true. Matic is comfortably the better player.

haram

It's not unfair when it's true. Matic is comfortably the better player.
Well Bakayoko has done well since he's joined and offers a slightly different skill set to Matic, he can be as effective, if not more effective for Chelsea than Matic was last year.

ivaldo

Well Bakayoko has done well since he's joined and offers a slightly different skill set to Matic, he can be as effective, if not more effective for Chelsea than Matic was last year.
But not as well as Matic. They have a pure ball winner in Kante already. Matic added someone more to the midfield pairing. In no way can I see Bakayoko as anything other than a downgrade on Matic.

RedRevongge

I can see why they sold him. He wasn't amazing last season for them and they were offered good money for a 29 year old.

Still he has been great so far and is showing the player he was a couple of years back

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Hope Jose doesn't burn him out, the guy is ancient and needs his rest.

Another goal and then Herrera for Matic would be ideal.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Some good passes and always there for the ball but more mistakes than usual. He could use a rest, I think.

drdoityourself

There are so many on this forum concerned with fatigue and hung up on rotation. He's fantastic, at 29 he probably knows himself if he needs a break. Enjoy his performances.

Dante

Average bang
Fellaini, Mata, Mkhitaryan and Rashford were often played together last season and we played a hell of a lot of tumescent football. Put Matic in the team and he knits it all together. The freedom he gives everybody else raises their game.

In particular, Fellaini's renaissance has been hugely impressive. Now that he's no longer require to be the fulcrum in midfield, he can get on with doing what he's good at.

Matic affects games more than any other player in the side. All things being equal, he should probably win MOTM every time he pulls on the shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.