Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
He wasn't even poor and did a great job of completely bypassing their press with ease and made a few nice passes. Problem was when he bypassed their he had no where to pass or go. Liverpool were practically playing 4 central players and controlled the central areas but it doesn't really mean Matic was poor.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He wasn't even poor and did a great job of completely bypassing their press with ease and made a few nice passes. Problem was when he bypassed their he had no where to pass or go. Liverpool were practically playing 4 central players and controlled the central areas but it doesn't really mean Matic was poor.
Yeah, poor is harsh. It's just a pity that he's not had a chance to form a real partnership in there. All the best midfields rely on partnerships. Matic started off playing with Pog, then had to play alongside Fellaini, and now he's starting the biggest/toughest game of the season alongside Hererra. All that chopping and changing is a heinous way for any CM to bed in at a new club. Massive credit should go to for him for being relatively consistent despite this.

el3mel

Very sold as usual. I hope one of his long range shots results in a goal for us soon. :drool:

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
He’s class. Hererra has been so damn disappointing. Really needed him to step up with Pogba and Fellaini (and Carrick) out but he’s been garbage. Been a one man show from Matic. Thank christ we signed him or we’d be fecking doomed. I’d almost be tempted to give McTominay a chance alongside him against Huddersfield.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Fantastic again. He needs a rest, but with Fellaini and Pogba injured may need to wait a little bit longer.

pseudo_canadian

He was a class above today. I just love him.

What I'm most impressed about with him is how casual he is using his body and strength when positioning himself for a pass/shielding the ball. Makes it look so easy.

Great player.

SATA

Loves a turn here and there to get himself usefully out of tight situations, it was a delight to watch. One of these days his long shots are going to go in

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's got the body of Fellaini but the ball movement of Messi. It doesn't make sense to me. What were chelsea thinking?

Vaibhav Raj

Two more physically and technically strong players like this guy and Jose's system against big teams will work like a charm. Can carry the ball forward when needed, can hit a decent ball long when needed, can dribble his way out of a sticky situation and does all that by keeping things simple.

kr0nix

Continuing to prove me wrong, one game at a time.
His confidence and assurance on the ball is remarkable, never expected that of him.

SambaBoy

He's very good on the ball and makes good decisions with it. Hopefully we don't overplay him and he gets a rest when needed.

Dobbs

Rare you find a player with that physique, that footwork and that odd burst of pace he has. He's quick but he's not. Its weird.

Acole9

Outstanding
He was quality last night, starfish belittling his performance was laughable.

FujiVice

There is this fundamental flaw in his game which I cant quite get over. The fact he's playing with a bunch of shite around him.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
He was quality last night, starfish belittling his performance was laughable.
He didn't blast it into row z from the halfway line anyway near enough for Stevie Me. He also managed to stay on a pitch with Herrera longer than a minute.

Varun

Staff
Why is it that when players who have been playing well have a poor game we always get people coming out and saying that this poor performance is down to some kind of fundamental flaw in their game? It's a really odd phenomenon. Can't someone just have an off day?
Don't want to sound harsh but a lot of it has to do with people on forums trying to explain every single thing with their understanding of the game. Even when it's just someone having an off day, you'll have a few explaining away precisely why it happened using their football knowledge.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Don't want to sound harsh but a lot of it has to do with people on forums trying to explain every single thing with their understanding of the game. Even when it's just someone having an off day, you'll have a few explaining away precisely why it happened using their football knowledge.
Yup. That does seem to be a real phenomenon.

Another great examples was in that thread about the kid, Greenwood, where someone claimed that he has an "unusual running style" which he'll need to fix in order to make it at United. Makes a change from "needs to bulk up" but still, fecking hell...

Varun

Staff
Yup. That does seem to be a real phenomenon.

Another great examples was in that thread about the kid, Greenwood, where someone claimed that he has an "unusual running style" which he'll need to fix in order to make it at United. Makes a change from "needs to bulk up" but still, fecking hell...
I hadn't read that. Wow :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.