Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

el3mel

Serbia national shirt if you're referring to his redcafe photo

edit: they've both had kits with white colours looking very similar, could be either. Hard to tell actually without the full photo.
After some search on Google, I found all his pictures in Benfica shirt with Adidas trademark 3 lines on shoulder and this picture doesn't have them, Serbia doesn't have them either so yeah you have a very strong point it can be Serbia shirt.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
I can't remember the last time a player became his team's lynch pin so quickly. He's central to everything good about the way we play.

izec

After some search on Google, I found all his pictures in Benfica shirt with Adidas trademark 3 lines on shoulder and this picture doesn't have them, Serbia doesn't have them either so yeah you have a very strong point it can be Serbia shirt.
It is an Umbro Serbia shirt

Siorac

Yup. That does seem to be a real phenomenon.

Another great examples was in that thread about the kid, Greenwood, where someone claimed that he has an "unusual running style" which he'll need to fix in order to make it at United. Makes a change from "needs to bulk up" but still, fecking hell...
Didn't Fergie say pretty much the same thing about Henderson?

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He’s being robbed of the ball while he dawdles on it far too often recently. We need quick passing.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Another game which shows why Chelsea moved him on. Not quick enough when in possession, looks good at home against the poor sides but when pressed looks suspect.

I think a lot of us jumped the gun on him and his ability earlier in the season.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Cut him some slack. He's been carrying our midfield since the injuries to Pogba and Fellaini. Level is bound to drop.
It's not his first poor game though, was barely in the game vs Liverpool. Like I say, i think many (myself included) have jumped the gun on his ability.

Roboc7

Has carried our midfield since pogba got injured, Fellaini and Herrera both leave him as a one man midfield.

Mourinho needs to try someone other than Herrera alongside him, their partnership is shocking.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Has carried our midfield since pogba got injured, Fellaini and Herrera both leave him as a one man midfield.

Mourinho needs to try someone other than Herrera alongside him, their partnership is shocking.
Who though?! We're not blessed with options!

Fahad Jawaid

He was shit today. Had a mare. Herrera is always criticized and rightly so sometimes, but he was terrible on the ball always losing it when trying to pass forward.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He was far from poor, not sure why he is getting so much shit. Lost possession couple of times but he isn't creative midfielder so blaming him for not creating chances or playing expansive game is illogical.

ti vu

@ti vu I am genuinely interested in your opinion of him today.
Individually did bare minimum. The team dystfunctional as a whole. What do you expect?

He was far from poor, not sure why he is getting so much shit. Lost possession couple of times but he isn't creative midfielder so blaming him for not creating chances or playing expansive game is illogical.
I think people have an agenda. They probably expected player playing in same form of high standard every games(?). As if we expecting to be 2 goals down by individual mistakes, by half time coming into the game, and building an creative passing game and expecting more from a holding midfielder from the get go.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I think it's starting to become clear his ability isn't so 'Oh my lord why did Chelsea sell him to us he's gonna win us the league and everything else'. A good player, but he has some very evident flaws. Not 100% buying into this whole 'he's tired' thing either.

M Bison

Supports
York City
He was shit today. Had a mare. Herrera is always criticized and rightly so sometimes, but he was terrible on the ball always losing it when trying to pass forward.
Agreed. He started the season brilliantly and seems to be beyond criticism now.

As shambolic as the rest of the team, as he was against the scousers.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
Individually did bare minimum. The team dystfunctional as a whole. What do you expect?
Do you mean that he individually did just enough, but suffered because the whole team was bad?

The way I saw it, he himself was also huge part of the problem too. Once again he gives the ball away very cheaply, even in times where he isnt exactly under threat.

Marcelinho87

Couldn't do much on his own the entire selection of people around him did sweet feck all.... He is best when playing pure DM nothing more.

Toad

Needs to be playing in a competent midfield who can keep the ball, not miki and Herrera who get knocked off the ball to easily and try too many dribbles that clearly aren’t going to work and lose possession, leaving Matic trying to mop up every fecking mistake.

marktan

He's been good this season though, so you can't suddenly say 'this is the reason why Chelsea sold him'. Today he was playing with Herrera who did nothing the whole match, and an attack that was as static as my dead gran. Yes he gave the ball away a few times, but at least he was doing something and running his socks off, unlike half our team like Herrera, Lingard, Mikhi, Mata etc who I can't recall having the ball.

JP77

I think it's starting to become clear his ability isn't so 'Oh my lord why did Chelsea sell him to us he's gonna win us the league and everything else'. A good player, but he has some very evident flaws. Not 100% buying into this whole 'he's tired' thing either.
That's not becoming clear what so ever. What's becoming clear is that like any team, we need a settled midfield. You're silly if you listened to anybody saying "he's so good he'll win us the league", that's just the usual overreactions that are classic to this forum just like the ridiculous overreactions you'll see after today's game.

He's a very good to great player and exactly what we need in the middle. Now we need one or two settled players alongside him. Hopefully Pogba will be back soon and things will begin to take shape again.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
That's not becoming clear what so ever. What's becoming clear is that like any team, we need a settled midfield. You're silly if you listened to anybody saying "he's so good he'll win us the league", that's just the usual overreactions that are classic to this forum.

He's a very good to great player and exactly what we need in the middle. Now we need one or two settled players alongside him. Hopefully Pogba will be back soon and things will begin to take shape again.
He's a good player. He's surprisingly tidy and nimble on the ball for somebody so tall, but he's not great when pressed and is extremely reliant on his left foot. In big games or games where we aren't in the ascendancy he has struggled.

Don't get me wrong, he's still been and is one of our better players, but it sort of ends there. He's just a good player.

Status
Not open for further replies.