Neymar | 2015/2016

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Flo so desperate, has looked a right fool throughout the Neymar pursuit & subsequent/convenient tax issues

Cait Sith

He's done this 3 times now. Against Rayo, against Roma and against Real Betis. Becoming a bit of a trademark touch of his.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!

He's done this 3 times now. Against Rayo, against Roma and against Real Betis. Becoming a bit of a trademark touch of his.
Players who do these sorts of things make the game a joy to watch. Best used to do things simply to entertain, some old curmudgeons hate it because they view it as show boating. I think its beautiful to watch and the sort of things only the most gifted can get away with.

Cait Sith

Players who do these sorts of things make the game a joy to watch. Best used to do things simply to entertain, some old curmudgeons hate it because they view it as show boating. I think its beautiful to watch and the sort of things only the most gifted can get away with.
When done "naturally" it's a joy to watch. Like in this case, he doesn't slow down the play or anything. It's nice to watch but also purposeful. What I find annoying personally is when players slow down the game, like pulling standing stepovers without getting past the defender just to end up with a sideway pass after hogging the ball for 5 seconds. But Neymar isn't that kind of player anyway, he incorporates the trickery into the natural flow of the game.

And here is the assist to Suarez:

Intentional or not? Any other player and I wouldn't be sure but with Neymar ... :D

thejtrain

Exactly. Football wouldn't be so enjoyable w/o players like him.
Intentional or not? Any other player and I wouldn't be sure but with Neymar ... :D
Yep, he may as well have intended it and got it slightly wrong and so was fortunate.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He's not comfortably better than Suarez.
Suarez was better in 14/15 but Neymar has probably edged it half way through 15/16, given he's had a few clumsy displays infront of goal this season.

Messi is low due to an injury-ridden season so far, but surprised to see no Suarez or Ronaldo there. Even if both are not consistent dribblers, they play in teams with very high chance creation. Modric and Marcelo being prominent despite not being attackers is pretty good.

amolbhatia50k

Marcelo is a special player.
He's great but also perfectly suited to Madrid/Barca type teams. Absolutely brilliant in attack, better than most wingers, but he's pretty poor at the back. Worse than Alves was, let alone the likes of Cole and Evra at their peak.

Archie Leach

Gooner
Supports
Arsenal
Suarez was better in 14/15 but Neymar has probably edged it half way through 15/16, given he's had a few clumsy displays infront of goal this season.

Messi is low due to an injury-ridden season so far, but surprised to see no Suarez or Ronaldo there. Even if both are not consistent dribblers, they play in teams with very high chance creation. Modric and Marcelo being prominent despite not being attackers is pretty good.
Maybe. Suarez has 29 in 29 which is better than Neymar. There's not much of anything between them overall.

amolbhatia50k

Maybe. Suarez has 29 in 29 which is better than Neymar. There's not much of anything between them overall.
Neymar must have created more chances and have more assists, though. I agree that there's not that much between them. That said, Suarez is the central striker, and has had a couple of games where he's been a bit of a bumbling mess infront of goal. Just the couple of course.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Neymar must have created more chances and have more assists, though. I agree that there's not that much between them. That said, Suarez is the central striker, and has had a couple of games where he's been a bit of a bumbling mess infront of goal. Just the couple of course.
Very true. Even with Suarez' misses, he provides so much to the attack were he only to convert a fraction of what he does.

Increasingly, Neymar will become the main creator in the team in the attacking third when Messi begins to settle into a more deeper playmaking role

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
To be honest, some years ago I thought he's another overhyped Brazilian kid. He developed so well, he'd be the best player if not for Messi

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Neymar is basically answering the question of what it would be like with Ronaldo and Messi in the same team.

Except I think neymar is becoming a better player than cr7 was.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He's great but also perfectly suited to Madrid/Barca type teams. Absolutely brilliant in attack, better than most wingers, but he's pretty poor at the back. Worse than Alves was, let alone the likes of Cole and Evra at their peak.
At their respective peaks, Cole was probably the most balanced of them all in terms of attacking and defending.

Varun

Staff
Neymar is basically answering the question of what it would be like with Ronaldo and Messi in the same team.

Except I think neymar is becoming a better player than cr7 was.
He already is.

Needham

Neymar really benefits from playing in an era of soft tackling.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Neymar is destined to be the next best player in the world for a few years. But personally, at this moment in time, I think Suarez is better.