Neymar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudie

Mentary
'Football world in shock' had me going there when I first read it :lol:

Love the muppetry behind this one, did Barcelona really need to say anything at all, wasn't it obvious? I think we'd have more chance of cloning Neymar by getting a strand of his hair and creating a stormtrooper army full of them.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Pedro was a smokescreen for Mane who himself was a smokescreen for Neymar and it seems United have pulled the wool over our eyes again as Neymar was a smokescreen for... Sneijder? Smokeception indeed. Nobody is capable of fathoming our transfer policy because it's clearly an intricate philosophy just like our philosophy on the pitch.

The Purley King

It doesn't matter wtf Barca say. They can say he won't leave until they are blue in the face, but if we match the clause and he wants whatever we offer him then its done.

If we offer him an obscene amount of money then there is a chance, however small, that he'll go for it. We have nothing to lose.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Pedro was a smokescreen for Mane who himself was a smokescreen for Neymar and it seems United have pulled the wool over our eyes again as Neymar was a smokescreen for... Sneijder? Smokeception indeed. Nobody is capable of fathoming our transfer policy because it's clearly an intricate philosophy just like our philosophy on the pitch.
It's an elaborate ruse that only a dirty schwein like Woodward could pull off.

fontaine

Ful Ful Ful Member Full Member Full Member
How would you guys position Neymar against Swansea?

Last edited:

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
Can someone link me with United so I can get a salary rise too?

It's getting fecking ridiculous now, we're becoming an even bigger laughing stock.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Pah, Cina and Doc are legends regardless of thread title edits.

Revan

Assumptionman
You are right about Laporte's release clause I took my amount from Wiki which I guess is outdated.

Reus however won't cost over 50mil and will probably end up moving to Spain within the next three windows for fractionally less to one of the big two. If we pursued him aggressively as we did Bastian we could get him for around the 40mil mark as Dortmund know they can't keep him there forever and failing a move to Spain he will probably end up at Bayern strengthening their nearest competitor.
De Bruyne is going for around 50m pounds, and Reus is both the better player and more famous.

When he goes (unless there is still some clause), it will be for higher IMO.

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
De Bruyne is going for around 50m pounds, and Reus is both the better player and more famous.

When he goes (unless there is still some clause), it will be for higher IMO.
Its a fair assumption but IMO its a little different when dealing with a club with the financial backing of Wolfsburg. Still decent point and we'll have to see.

Revan

Assumptionman
Its a fair assumption but IMO its a little different when dealing with a club with the financial backing of Wolfsburg. Still decent point and we'll have to see.
Dortmund have a quite higher revenue than Wolfsburg. Wolfsburg have a sugar daddy, but still, I wouldn't say that Wolswagen will go full Arab on them.

Stringer

Can someone link me with United so I can get a salary rise too?

It's getting fecking ridiculous now, we're becoming an even bigger laughing stock.
You worry about being called a laughing stock and at the same time you are asking people to sign a petition to buy Griezmann? :houllier:

Reactions: Rado_N

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Someone explain how we are a laughing stock? I don't get it
If an agent links his player to us in the press and the selling club denies he could be sold... We look like right mugs for our part in the saga. You know, when we... or when we.... and when we.... Oh.

zlatan_ish

juventino
Supports
La Vecchia Signora
If an agent links his player to us in the press and the selling club denies he could be sold... We look like right mugs for our part in the saga. You know, when we... or when we.... and when we.... Oh.
Seriously :lol:

Didn't Ottamendi also said that only City were in for him?

D J Dog Toffee

Honestly id like someone to explain that seriously
I've been lurking around these transfer threads most of the summer and also wondered this. The timescale seems to be:

Paper makes up story with no basis in fact or reality.
United don't sign or even attempt to sign fantasy player.
Paper and fans now ridicule club for being "snubbed" or beaten to transfer...

How does the club even counter this? Comment on every single tweet, story, dream, pub rumor that's out there? I shall now make Havant & Waterlooville a "laughing stock".

"Unconfirmed sources say that H&W FC are trying to sign Lionel Messi! The southcoast club believe he could be the final piece in Stuart Richie's masterplan. A bid of £2b is rumored to be on the cards."

Ha! That's embarrassing! They should go for more realistic targets. What a laughing stock that club is....

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
I've been lurking around these transfer threads most of the summer and also wondered this. The timescale seems to be:

How does the club even counter this? Comment on every single tweet, story, dream, pub rumor that's out there? I shall now make Havant & Waterlooville a "laughing stock".

"Unconfirmed sources say that H&W FC are trying to sign Lionel Messi! The southcoast club believe he could be the final piece in Stuart Richie's masterplan. A bid of £2b is rumored to be on the cards."

Ha! That's embarrassing! They should go for more realistic targets. What a laughing stock that club is....
Add obligatory shopped pic of a player in question wearing his club-to-be shirt. Add dramatic title like Sanchester United put it all on back page.

Profit.

villain

Hates Beyoncé

We are victims of our own notoriety and success.

No other team generates the same amount of clicks in an article as one about United from our own fans and especially from opposition fans.

Browniee

Half the transfer forum is turning into "redcafe goes into meltdown" threads. :lol:
Can see the ol' "cannee take the strain captain" message this time next Tuesday

D J Dog Toffee

We are victims of our own notoriety and success.

No other team generates the same amount of clicks in an article as one about United from our own fans and especially from opposition fans.
I fully agree, and I know why the papers do it. I'm with blunder in wondering why our fans then label us "laughing stock" and "embarrassing" for a situation that has no input from our club. If Woodward or Van Gaal came out with these flights of fancy I can understand, but when it's entirely the result of a third party I fail to see how that can be laid at United's door.

1000 posts of "we're an embarrassment"!

villain

Hates Beyoncé
I fully agree, and I know why the papers do it. I'm with blunder in wondering why our fans then label us "laughing stock" and "embarrassing" for a situation that has no input from our club. If Woodward or Van Gaal came out with these flights of fancy I can understand, but when it's entirely the result of a third party I fail to see how that can be laid at United's door.
I'm not sure about anyone else's experience, but from my own personal experience I only witness these kind of overreactions online, particularly on here & social media sites.
Other United fans I know offline don't react or perceive us as embarrassing - quite rightly they don't believe every rumour under the sun and as such don't get so emotionally attached to these fantasies.
Online fans however, a whole different breed.

Treble

Not sure why this thread is still alive. Is there a single fan on here who believes that Neymar is going to sign for us this transfer window?

Status
Not open for further replies.