OFFICIAL: Jose Mourinho is Manchester United manager | Megathread closed, start new Mourinho threads

How do feel about José Mourinho's appointment as Man Utd manager?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I don't think city are that far ahead of anyone, they were at our level. Mourinho has work mending our defense and our engine room, but? Jose has a dilemma with our attack, does he keep with our current options? I feel Jose wants to add one striker, but its important to keep Martial, Memphis, Lingard and Rashford in the fold, we actually have greater pace and the most potential of anyone, but no one should dismiss what Rashford done for us, with us perhaps being allot more quicker under Jose, our current options could easily thrive. I feel a RB 2 CB's 2 CM players and a striker could really be the options we need to go from strength to strength, but he does have a dilemma with the Europa league, does he concentrate on the PL? or PL and europa League? If rashford has a stellar european championships, Jose has some food for thought

A possibility we will never see, we will see with Mourinho, is it the 2013 model? or the 2015 model? lets hope its not the latter

Well the striker you mention is looking like it'll be Ibrahimovic. Still need a winger though.

We definitely need more pace in our midfield it's just so static at present I'm not sure who we could bring in though. Pogba, matuidi, Vidal type but none are realistic someone like kante could be good but will be very expensive I also think schneiderlin will be a completely different player under Mourinho

as for defence manolas has been mentioned but I also read about a Roma double swoop including with manolas and Florenzi who's a very tidy RB much better going forward than darmian and Valencia

Irrational.

I don't care what anyone says: watching José prowling the touchline and living every moment with the players will be infinitely better to watch that having to look at an emotionless van Hoof parked on his seat with that fecking notepad.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Ibra
Ronaldo-------------Robben
Lampard----Xabi Alonso
Makelele
Marcelo---Ramos---Terry---Maicon
Cech

That's not bad, I'm sure plenty would come up with better.
I do rate Terry, racist bastard that he is but I would find it hard to look past Marcelo - Lucio - Samuel - Maicon as a back four. The middle two especially were fantastic during Jose's time.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
The amount of revisionism I'm hearing right now is amazing.

Lou Macari: LVG played some 'awful football', he didn't really bring the youngsters through - they were 'forced upon him' due to injuries.

:lol:
Classless comment. Praise Jose as much as you want Lou - no need to throw LVG under the bus. Disgraceful and disappointing.

Oneunited26

Well the striker you mention is looking like it'll be Ibrahimovic. Still need a winger though.

We definitely need more pace in our midfield it's just so static at present I'm not sure who we could bring in though. Pogba, matuidi, Vidal type but none are realistic someone like kante could be good but will be very expensive I also think schneiderlin will be a completely different player under Mourinho

as for defence manolas has been mentioned but I also read about a Roma double swoop including with manolas and Florenzi who's a very tidy RB much better going forward than darmian and Valencia
I want to see what Memphis does under Jose, there is so much potential in this guy, much like Morgan, Memphis is another player who could be totally different under Mourinho. I don't feel we need another winger, we have the players Jose needs to get more out of them in the final third. For me we still need to sort out our defense and midfield out, that is the no 1 priority. I feel Martial and Memphis could be devastating has attacking wingers under Mourinho, its not so much we need so many players, we just need a manager with common sense who will put a system in place that is effective, plus we have lingard, its our spine that we need sorting. If some how we signed pogba, zlaten and a RB along with a CB I would be quiet happy seeing how he uses our current options. But I do hope Mourinho is going to do a passage of time between Zlaten and rashford, has slowly the transition between zlaten and rashford begins

I would love to see Jose use herrera how he used lampard, because herrera under the right guidance and confidence could be our goalscoring midfielder. I think Mourinho has some very good players, he is not walking into a squad needing a complete overhaul, we need more but we don't need 10 or 11 players

Classless comment. Praise Jose as much as you want Lou - no need to throw LVG under the bus. Disgraceful and disappointing.
One thing I will say about VG, it was by design he would go into a season with a smaller squad so he could play more academy players, maybe he saw something in these academy players none of us did, and they are the ones who won us the cup. Even VG's signings were good, he just never got the best out of them

Last edited:

SirAF

Ageist
Interesting to hear Paddy say that Jock Stein was offered the United job but declined because of his wife.

Edit: If I heard it right, MUTV in background while playing FM..

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
I do rate Terry, racist bastard that he is but I would find it hard to look past Marcelo - Lucio - Samuel - Maicon as a back four. The middle two especially were fantastic during Jose's time.
Good point! To be honest, not picking Lucio and especially The Wall was a massive error of judgement on my part.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Interesting to hear Paddy say that Jock Stein was offered the United job but declined because of his wife.

you heard right

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
It's not 100% wrong though.
That's not the point for me. Say it to the man's face, don't be a coward and disrespect him when he's no longer there. In any case, unlike some people, I believe LVG was honest about trimming the squad and allowing the youth to have a chance. He was pretty unselfish as well to do it and I think that deserves respect.

In any case, I hope Jose watches his back at this club of ours - doesn't seem to be a lot of trustworthy or decent people there.

Spock

A no-brainer. There's no guarantee of success with any manager but it's hard to see to folly of appointing the top manager on the planet.

The man has wanted to come to United for a very long time, there were no available managers who have anywhere near the resume Jose does and, to be honest, I'm sick and tired of having our asses kicked by the likes of Norwich and Bournemouth.

SirAF

Ageist
That's not the point for me. Say it to the man's face, don't be a coward and disrespect him when he's no longer there. In any case, unlike some people, I believe LVG was honest about trimming the squad and allowing the youth to have a chance. He was pretty unselfish as well to do it and I think that deserves respect.

In any case, I hope Jose watches his back at this club of ours - doesn't seem to be a lot of trustworthy or decent people there.
Fair point.

SirAF

Ageist
Paddy on Zlatan "I've seen him play often, a natural fact"

How often does he say that? :lol:

The amount of revisionism I'm hearing right now is amazing.

Lou Macari: LVG played some 'awful football', he didn't really bring the youngsters through - they were 'forced upon him' due to injuries.

:lol:
Did Luigi say that during Van Gaal's tenure? I haven't had MUTV for a couple of years now. Pravda was less acquiescent with the party line.

SirAF

Ageist
The presenter hinting that Moyes wasn't very helpful to MUTV :lol:

MaNNe-

After Mourinhos meltdown at Chelsea I'm somewhat wary of our next season, especially given the money in EPL and the amount of talent in the manager department alone: Pep, Mourinho, Conte, Klopp, Wenger, Ranieri, Pochettino etc. That being said I think it was absolutely the correct decision you don't just skip on someone like Mourinho when he is available, especially after the year we had. I can't wait for the next season to start.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
After Mourinhos meltdown at Chelsea I'm somewhat wary of our next season, especially given the money in EPL and the amount of talent in the manager department alone: Pep, Mourinho, Conte, Klopp, Wenger, Ranieri, Pochettino etc. That being said I think it was absolutely the correct decision you don't just skip on someone like Mourinho when he is available, especially after the year we had. I can't wait for the next season to start.
It's all how you look at it.

We missed out on top 4 on goal difference, in a season we had about 8 home 0-0 draws, and went a whole calendar month without a win. December? 5 games!
Based on that, it'd be quite doable to say the least to improve on this season, so as a minium Jose should smash us back into the top 4.
Chelsea and Liverpool have bigger work to do to catch us up, Leicester cannot hope to get close to matching this season, so it really is all up for grabs.

Momentum is often everything, so a good start is paramount.

Seveneric

I'm ecstatic he's here and all, but people were wanking themselves silly over Vangle's first interview too and he turned out to be a semi-competent oaf, so we'll see

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form

You've had a good day then mate. And that's before the JoMo news drop.

stevoc

There isn't much to show is there?

I don't know how anyone with a true passion for United can try to make a good season review of LVG's season...
Who's talking about season reviews though?

I was talking about interviews and reaction to last weeks match where we won a Cup.

And today when we appointed a new high profile manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.