Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
About time he gets an assist for that type of pass. Beautiful.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Legend. Came on and instantly ran the show. He's really settling in now, just need these performances in a big Match to settle the doubters

Classical Mechanic

Thought he completely changed the game when he came on. Incredible assist. I don't think there is another player in world football that consistently puts forwards through on goal with passes from their own half like Pogba does.

Sylar

Our midfield goes from average to bossing with Pogba on the pitch. So clear the difference between him on the pitch vs off the pitch.

LouisDanGaal

Learnt a lot today about just how crucial he is to the team, we are a completely different side the second he steps on. Superb player and while he does a lot of great things such as that pass I think he does the little passes which go unnoticed well too, its what stood out about Zidane for me.

BigBebe

The key thing for me today was the way he came on and straight away took responsibility.

We have missed that attitude in the last few years.

Devil may care

The key thing for me today was the way he came on and straight away took responsibility.

We have missed that attitude in the last few years.
Agreed, the assist was great but this was what impressed me, he took over when he came on.

m1y2

classic pogba, dangerously losing the ball in the middle of the pitch after an unnecessary dribble and then making a great pass showing great vision and execution like on numerous occassions this season, they seem to have a good understanding with Zlatan

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Just an unbelievable player (Yes we over paid for him) but I don't care he is that good and we have lacked blue chip players for a while that scare the opposition into changing their game. Hopefully we get Griezman as he is of a similar standard to Pogba. Then keep adding every year another blue chip player with a couple of smaller buys yes they won't all be great but they have a better chance when they have already proven their quality on the big stages.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Our best player IMO, essential to our ambitions in the coming years and we should have him for his prime. If he keeps performing at the level he has been since November he'll be arguably the best player in the league, he's not far off now.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
His long range passing is amazing. Some Chelsea fan said Luiz is better passer of the ball than Pogba :houllier:

Moonred

It also looks like he has adjusted his game to keep it a bit more simple at the same time being effective. What he did today is bread and butter for him and he would do this against oppositions like these with eyes closed.

Simple effective control and finding the right moment for a killer ball. Hopefully he doesn't restrict himself too much though.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Fantastic player, makes it look so effortless too. I don't care what we paid for him, his talent is undeniable.

Great assist, pirlo-esque

Shark

@NotShark
Pogba gets way too much stick. He's 23 and nowhere near his prime yet, and is already transforming our midfield when he steps onto a pitch. Yeah he's had some poor games, but I'd be more than willing to pay the fee all over again .

In Rainbows

Look miles better in attack when 4231. Plus Pogba doesn't suit spending so much time up the pitch.
One thing is that when he was at Juve I felt like he did really well on counter attacks which occurred more often. He hasn't gotten to do it as often for United. So it's something to take into account when comparing him in a 2 man and 3 man midfield.

TsuWave

the crazy thing is he creates at least one chance like that in the overwhelming majority of the games, sometimes even more than one, but our forwards often fluff it. his assists number would be off the charts if our conversion rate was better

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
If he just gets that one season where all the shots fly in and people finish off his assists.. then he will become a regular 20 goals/assists a season midfielder. He needs that confidence boost that he is capable of doing it.

No reason why he can't.. two footed, great in the air.. can hit any manner of shots and he gets himself into good positions and has the skill to beat players too. Anything less would be an underachievement.

RedMaestro

We overpaid for Summer 2016 but I reckon by Summer 2020 it'll bizarrly look like a good price.
Mourinho said something interesting about Pogba's price:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/feb/18/paul-pogba-jose-mourinho-record-fee

“I am pretty sure next summer some players with only half his quality will cost the same money,” the Manchester United manager said.

“I am waiting for that moment to release him from the scrutiny that goes with his price. Right now when he plays well, which he does many times, people think it is normal and when he does not perform quite so well pundits and even supporters go strong on him.

“A few years ago £25m bought you a phenomenal player. Today £25m is not even a player, just a prospect of a player. Those who are already big players are bound to cost more.

“I think next summer will bring a few surprises at this level and probably Paul will lose his status as the world’s most expensive player, which will be a good thing. He gets a lot of attention because of his price but he is still happy to play football and the most important thing for him is to never lose that happiness.”

PaulRich

We looked far better with him in the side than out. Encouraging. I suspect he's really starting to relish his role now, he looks hungry for it.

RedMaestro

One interesting fact is that Pogba has 5 assists, and all of them have been for Ibra.

Status
Not open for further replies.