6.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracture90

I actually think he's been poorly utilised by Mourinho. Being a part of MD duo clearly doesn't suit his qualities, he's having lots of defensive duties, always running up abd down spending energy which results in his end product lacking.

Rory 7

I thought he played well enough tonight, for what it's worth. Just don't think he was (a) the midfielder we needed or (b) worth the transfer fee. So him playing well tonight is kind of a moot point. We ain't good.

Vilev

I actually think he's been poorly utilised by Mourinho. Being a part of MD duo clearly doesn't suit his qualities, he's having lots of defensive duties, always running up abd down spending energy which results in his end product lacking.
But when he was deployed as a clear AM, with two holding players behind him, he hardly delivered as well.

luke511

I thought he played well enough tonight, for what it's worth. Just don't think he was (a) the midfielder we needed or (b) worth the transfer fee. So him playing well tonight is kind of a moot point. We ain't good.
The fans were calling out for a creative midfielder for god knows how many seasons before we got him, before the transfer it felt like the perfect fit and it still potentially is. When its his day he is exactly what we need. Consistency is the only thing letting him down.

Rory 7

The fans were calling out for a creative midfielder for god knows how many seasons before we got him, before the transfer it felt like the perfect fit and it still potentially is. When its his day he is exactly what we need. Consistency is the only thing letting him down.
Were they? I wasn't! As was well documented.

frank lee madeer..

For me he lacks composure under pressure at key times . Most top players can sell a dummy with a quick subtle movement. Pogbas version of this is to stand still with the ball , and do an excruciating 10 second impression of your dad dancing.

dogwithabone

I think he's been pretty good for a few games now, real signs that he's finally settling. Admittedly I didn't see the whole game tonight but he was pulling all the strings in the first half and looked excellent. If you take like for like players from the other top five I wouldn't swap,him for anyone. Matic, Dier, Henderson etc - none remotely in his class.

Jib

I agree

Vilev

But when he played as part of MF 3 with Carrick and Herrera, he was great.
I don't remember a single game when he was great. He had a few good games.
Yes these were games when he was a leftish part of the 1-2 midfield triangle, but more importantly these games were against a completely inferior sides that simply did not turn up. If we look at the whole season, Pogba played most of his games in a midfield trio and it did not exactly helped him.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
You're always furious at him :lol:

Doubly furious at him tonight as the entire 2nd half was building up to that moment. A shame really as if he scores, it ends up being a good night for him But that miss is unforgivable given his supposed talent.

I enjoyed his first half performance, kept it simple mixed up with nice effective Hollywood passes: Carricks calm positional expertise and disipline gave him license to play.

But as soon as he moved upto play no 10 after Fellaini came on, he had a shocking performance, running around aimlessly with flicks and dabs, epitomised by that missed chance.

Very annoying as he could finally have 'bossed' the game. Instead we now have a tough uncertain 2nd leg and his self confidence takes another hit.

Furiously frustrating!

Last edited:

Hawks2008

Getting real tired of his bullshit, hope we feck him off to anyone stupid enough to pay close to what we did. Wasteman.

stepic

Getting real tired of his bullshit, hope we feck him off to anyone stupid enough to pay close to what we did. Wasteman.
what a load of horseshit. he was good tonight. easily and comfortably and easily our best midfielder all season. in fact no midfielder comes close.

stepic

so many people with agendas in this thread. it's ridiculous. he's our only great midfielder tbh.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
I do think he'll come good but no way is he worth the money paid and it doesn't matter whether he was 'ok' or 'pretty good' - that's not good enough. He should have scored last night, no excuses.

Yesterday he was whingeing about hitting the bar lots of times, top players don't talk like that. I get the feeling he was babysat at Juventus while the real men got on with the job. He's expected to play like an adult at United and he still hasn't realised.

Z_Wolf

I think he made a big mistake when he decided to come to United. He wasn't the finished article and the pressure was always going to have an impact on him. Jose is world famous for smothering young talents. Juve is way ahead of us interms of squad quality and they have a tactically better coach.

chb23

Thought he had a great first half today. Second half not so good, but the whole team once fellaini came on was useless.

Zlatan should have been taken off, we lost so many balls due to his wayward flicks

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Genuinely thought he did well tonight and it is only the finish which we can criticise him about. Kept the ball really well and controlled the game.. he's the last person we need to criticise for the result because the forwards bar Rash were shockingly bad.

red4ever 79

Would be ideal if we could play with 12 men. Constantly holds onto the ball too long, gives the ball way too often. What happened to the PP who could pick up the ball and drive at the opponents. Just seems to receive the ball and enjoying turning his opponent to show his immense strength. Meh

Fracture90

Yes these were games when he was a leftish part of the 1-2 midfield triangle, but more importantly these games were against a completely inferior sides that simply did not turn up. If we look at the whole season, Pogba played most of his games in a midfield trio and it did not exactly helped him.
Maybe great is not the right word, tho he was great vs. Leicester at home. Whenever he played as a part of MF 3, he was very good, always creating and being a threat from a far.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
You should, his first game, which was his best, was truly incredible. It feels like ages ago now :(

dogwithabone

You should, his first game, which was his best, was truly incredible. It feels like ages ago now :(

Agree. His debut at home to Southampton was an awesome performance. He perhaps hasn't lived up to that but it was incredible to watch players just bouncing off him. His shielding and strength on the ball was fantastic that night.

Tosicsleftpeg

Had a good game i voted for him Motm but retrospectively maybe Carrick was more deserving. His touch was excellent all night and got involved in everything, looked very good.

The only negative for me was him missing that chance which would have killed the game off.

saivet

'I missed chunks of the game' - But here is a massive view on it anyway :lol:
Hardly a massive view. These chunk was also only about 15 mins in total. All I've said was he looked okay, yet some of the praise in here, I feel is a little over the top, as it has been for a lot of this season.

rpg

He actually played quite well alongside Carrick but that big big miss really shouldn't be happening.

Butty19

Thought he played well last night. If he had taken that chance a few minutes before they scored I'm sure there wouldn't be as much negativity towards him. He's better coming from deep with the game being played in front of him. Some of his passing was excellent last night from the deeper role. He can also arrive late in the box as he did for the chance he missed. He's also nowhere near as affective as Mkhitaryan playing off the striker.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
We just need to surround him with the right players. He's being asked to do a lot more than he was at Juve while in a 2 man midfield and surrounded by players who aren't as good. He isn't the finished article and neither is this Jose's realised vision for our squad. Things will slot into place eventually. That said, he was good last night.

shield

Would be ideal if we could play with 12 men. Constantly holds onto the ball too long, gives the ball way too often. What happened to the PP who could pick up the ball and drive at the opponents. Just seems to receive the ball and enjoying turning his opponent to show his immense strength. Meh
I just watch him to literally see him do this. But it never comes off the way I expect it :( . Whenever he tries to do this, he is easily dispossessed. This expectation is based on nothing but just seeing other posters mention "his ability to drive through players" as one of his many qualities and a few YouTube compilations.

Still don't think he is ready to fully take control of a midfield by himself yet.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Agree. His debut at home to Southampton was an awesome performance. He perhaps hasn't lived up to that but it was incredible to watch players just bouncing off him. His shielding and strength on the ball was fantastic that night.
The decision making in that match was great, he knew when to keep it simple, when to play it long, when to dribble. He has steadily gotten worse since those first few matches. It is weird as generally players do get better.

Roberto420

I thought it was his best game for us obviously after his debut but considering he was part of a midfield 2 had he scored it would of just capped off his performance.

Hullyback

Supports
Liverpool FC
I'm no united fan, that much is obvious - but I will praise united players if they're good.

Pogba has gotta be the most overrated player I've seen in this era, Higuain aside. What does he actually do? Watched him a few times now, for you and for France. Just trundles around taking pot shots. I don't get it

Status
Not open for further replies.