6.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

spiriticon

He's an immense passer, a physical threat and has got some goals. He's done alright this season. I've no idea why people are bashing him for not scoring 30 goals. Not really his job to fill in for the shit strikers.

ti vu

Mixed performance. Patches of good then again patches of silly play. Quality is their but decision making at time is silly.

dogwithabone

He's 80% of the way towards being the complete player. Over the next two seasons he will become that player and we will have the best midfielder in the world at United.

Shady

Some of his long passes are amazing. A pleasure to watch. Think he will be immense next season.

el3mel

Very , very good game from him as usual. He just needs to stop complicating some easy plays as usual as he does it a lot and he'll be perfect.

GledTheRed

Does some majestic shit and some dumb shit, needs to cut out the whole I'm the strongest bestest player on the pitch shite. Looks like he is constantly trying to prove a point and his best play is when he uses instinct.

mancan92

All over the place. One moment great next moment crap. I'm often nervous when he gets on the ball as just have no confidence that it's gonna go well. It's like flipping a coin it can go either way.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I honestly feel that we've got a serious problem here. It feels like we could sign Messi and people would moan he doesn't win headers.

Such a negative outlook, constantly.

Irrational.

Still takes one touch too many, needlessly loses the ball and spends too long on the floor for me. And of course the finishing, but that will come with time - no doubt. The important thing is he's getting into the right positions.

Passing is top notch, though.

cyberman

He was fantastic tonight. There's a reason why Carrick doesn't get bullied when pressed anymore, Pogba just adds so much.

Jaybomb

If that Bicycle Kick off Rashford's Rabona cross went in, that might have gone down as the greatest United goal of all time :lol:

Good game for him overall but I can't believe he missed that other chance. He needs to start scoring goals. He's too deep.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I don't know why he didn't just whack the chance he had late in the game. Confidence issues I guess.

Sylar

Only thing he needs to cut down is a few of the more frustrating aspects (esp trying to force games) from our own half when we have a 1 vs 5 disadvantage in attack.

However I dont mind him trying stuff in their half or in their box. Still needs to work on his finishing though. Not sure how he misses so many sitters (although im surprised he didnt hit the bar with that chance).

tomaldinho1

He does all the hard stuff really well and then fecks up the simple stuff. Thought he was a solid 7/10 tonight

OldTrevil

I don't know why he didn't just whack the chance he had late in the game. Confidence issues I guess.
Yea I thought the same, a player on high confidence just whacks the middle of the ball for the far corner or straight through the keepers legs, but he went for placement most likely due to a element of doubt. Overall he was great though, everything went through in midfield. His vision and passing is simply world class, he was my MOTM.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I'd really like to see stats about his sprints and distances covered. He's got a PHENOMENAL engine.
He's ridiculous in that regard, some players you look at and they just come across as proper athletes rather than just footballers if that makes sense. He is one of them.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
He's so elegant it's not always obvious how bloody hard he works but he gets up and down that pitch all day long. Some pair of lungs on him.
Definitely, I think players of his build and height can come across as much lazier than they are. If Herrera was doing the same thing with his little legs having to go a million miles an hour then praise would be heaped on him because of how hard it looks like he's working compared.

Pogba looks like he could run around that pitch forever.

el3mel

He's so elegant it's not always obvious how bloody hard he works but he gets up and down that pitch all day long. Some pair of lungs on him.
I think he's massively improving as the season goes. His defensive work and work rate are much higher now than they were at the first half of the season.

I said it before and will repeat it again Jose is the best manager for him at this age. He needs to learn how to be disciplined and Jose is the perfect one to teach him this.

He just should stop complicating some easy plays and he'll be perfect for us.

predator

Youth NITK
He's so desperate not to be average but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. He doesn't just do things the simple way, he always tries and make it easy on the eye. He's so talented and his stamina is great but I feel like he is trying too hard at times.

He's still a massive improvement on last seasons midfielders, and I'm sure he will gradually improve.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Thought he was really good tonight ..... haven't got a clue what the naysayers in the match thread were on about. One guy said he was lazy and couldn't pass (!) and when he missed that late chance, you'd have sworn he'd shot someone's Nan. He's not lazy, he's languid

He's an excellent player playing in an 'ok' team that is still chopping and changing and I think he's trying to cover too many roles on the pitch - with stability and better players (I'd like Kroos) or existing players bucking their ideas up, he can focus on driving forward (where I think he should be) and leave most of the defensive duties to other MFers..... when that happens, I'm confident he'll look the world class player he is and we'll reap the benefits.

AgentP

If that Bicycle Kick off Rashford's Rabona cross went in, that might have gone down as the greatest United goal of all time :lol:

Good game for him overall but I can't believe he missed that other chance. He needs to start scoring goals. He's too deep.
Would have, in all probability, hit the post if the defender had not blocked it. Such is his luck in front of goal this season.

Banat

Best player on the pitch tonight. People on this forum obviously have agenda, I understand mixed views, but you just can't deny that literally everything went through him. He is just phenomenal.
Defensively very solid tonight, fantastic engine- Good pressing and positioning and he also recovered some lost balls brilliantly.
Despite the goal, Rashford can be more frustrating than him but doesn't get half abuse Pogba does on this forum.

Jaybomb

Would have, in all probability, hit the post if the defender had not blocked it. Such is his luck in front of goal this season.
Its insane how unlucky he's been. If he's not hitting the post, he's hitting the crossbar, if he's not hitting the crossbar, the keeper is making an absolutely outlandish save to stop him from scoring.

I'm convinced every goalkeeper just says to themselves "Okay, we can lose the match BUT DON'T LET POGBA SCORE!"

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I see a player that only plays for himself. Look at his body language, walking like a gangsta thinking he's all cool in his rap video.
Jesus H. Christ! You must be on a wind up.

Personally I thought he was excellent tonight, especially in the 2nd half when he took the game by the scruff of the neck I felt.

UnitedForever147

Played to his true value tonight....about 10 million quids worth. Some great passes, a few interceptions, missed 2 sitters and lost possession in stupid areas. Just your average Pogba performance. 6 out of 10 for me.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Of a lot of pretty shoddy performances against an organised but let's be honest much inferior team, I thought Pogba was one of the few who did well. Started off in a 2 man midfield in a combination that definitely doesn't work but since Fellaini came on I thought he was our best player. Missed chances like he has all season but he worked his socks off and always looked our best outlet.

OldTrevil

Best player on the pitch tonight. People on this forum obviously have agenda, I understand mixed views, but you just can't deny that literally everything went through him. He is just phenomenal.
Defensively very solid tonight, fantastic engine- Good pressing and positioning and he also recovered some lost balls brilliantly.
Despite the goal, Rashford can be more frustrating than him but doesn't get half abuse Pogba does on this forum.
Very true. A lot of the Pogba hysteria is agenda driven. The guy literally ran a knockout game with so much riding on it, but I bet you will still see many going with the "he doesn't perform in big games" nonsense. He made countless of chances that were put to waste, but you will still see people moan about the few times he decided to keep the ball and dribble. And then there is the absolutely nut cases who call him lazy and immature because they've seen a dancing video, a different hair cut, or the way he walks :lol:.
You're right on Rashford too, I love the kid but he alongside Zlatan and Valencia were the most frustrating players.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
He was pretty good tonight all things considered. He's got a target on his head at the monent, so everything bad he does gets magnified (like needlessly taking on too many players) and everything good he does gets taken as read (like raking cross field balls, driving runs from midfield or spectacular overhead attempts)

Even when he's a bit shit, he does more brilliant things per game than anyone else in the team. He just needs to stop taking on people for the sake of it.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Yeah, I thought he and Carrick owned the midfield again. Well, bar the majority of the 1st half. What a pass for the 1st and, even though I was getting impatient, I love that we now have players who will try crazy entertaing stuff which the Rabona pass from Marcus and the overhead attempt from Pogba was. For the past few years we've been missing that sort of "magic" if you will. It didn't go in but I appreciated the effort/imagination.

If he could just improve his composure in front of goal he'd be hitting Lampard/Touré numbers which, with his all round playmaking ability, would be incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.