6.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

donkeyfish

A bit shallow imo. In some games this season, Pogba has worked excellently together with Ibra. In fact one can argue that a ball-carrying and mobile midfielder works better with a lay-off striker than a runner. Ibra is allegedly a great target for his crossing as well.

Besides, we really only have Rashford that can fill such a role. And he hasn't exactly set the world on fire so far.

I agree that he hasn't looked great as the no 10, I'll give him that.

Vashu

Predicted Sanchez's signing announcement
This guy's diagnosis is good, however his solution is another recipe for disaster. I'm open to trying the diamond formation, but this particular idea is nothing else but a remodeled 4-4-2 with Pogba and 1 more player starting as central midfielders.

woodhouseparkred

I am hoping he is going to do well since he came back to us after his stint in Italy. However, just like everyone else, we will just have to wait for him to adapt to the speed and the physical aspect of the Premier league because he knows that it is a different ball game here. Granted, I took these statistics from whoscored so, many thanks to them, but it is difficult to see them really when you have to go back two pages and then note the statistics, rinse and repeat so, here are the statistics for Paul Pogba over the course of this season. Again, they are open to interpretation.

http://prntscr.com/d3jhwr

Granted, he was having fun against the likes of Burnley, Leicester City or even Hull for that matter. However, what happens when he comes up against teams that like to get into your face and not give you a minutes peace. This is what happened against the likes of Manchester City, where in a total of 180 minutes played against them, he managed to pass the ball as many times as he did in 90 minutes against Southampton with an overall passing accuracy of 78.6%. Why not Liverpool, where he passed the ball once every 3 minutes, with a shocking 71% passing accuracy from 38 passes.

There is still a great deal of work to be done as far as Paul Pogba is concerned, and he really needs to step his game up, because apart from the Chelsea match where he was reasonable, he cannot continue to rack up 100+ passes per game against cannon fodder and not show up against the big boys. Let us hope he doesn't become the Graeme Hick of football.

stepic

----Martial---Rashford
----------Mata--------
----Pogba----Herrera
---------Carrick-----

And upgrade the defensive midfielder role in January.

In Rainbows

Except Depay is shit on the left, Rashford is not great on the right and Martial can't buy a goal at the moment.
Martial can't buy a goal because he hasn't been playing much. He wasn't on form to start the season, but he's been out for a while that I struggle to say he's in any kind of form, good or bad.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Anyone thinks a 4-2-2-2 like what city used under Pallegrini would work for our team and Pogba?

-------Martial-----Rashford-------
----Pogba---------------Mata-----
---------Carrick---Herrera-------
------------Defence--------------
--------------DDG----------------

It's a pretty good analysis, although it does overlook the fact if Ibra could finish Pogba would have quite a few assists by now. No surprises we need someone quicker to open up space for Pogba to play into though. We are ponderous getting the ball forward with Ibra lacking pace and our wide players always having to start from so deep.

OneUnited24

Pogba has not been the problem for us this season. In fact whenever i've watched him i've often thought hes the only player whos trying to make things happen.

Problem he has is at £90m everyone expects him to be scoring and assisting every game when thats not his game. What a strike though!

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Pogba has not been the problem for us this season. In fact whenever i've watched him i've often thought hes the only player whos trying to make things happen.

Problem he has is at £90m everyone expects him to be scoring and assisting every game when thats not his game. What a strike though!
This. He's played well this season.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
Never saw Cantona but my idea of him is what Pogba is doing right now. That whole remonstrating to team mates in French and impudent goal celebrations.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
He's getting there. Closer to what we're expecting. He's best with Carrick behind him. If you expect Pogba to play the Carrick role, then you lose what Pogba can offer between the lines. It's no surprise really, knowing how good he was with Pirlo behind him.

jem

I thought he was great today. His footwork is fantastic at times, although he does seem to have the odd Welbeckian slip in him at times.

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
Every match he plays in there is periods when he control's the game on his own. Last 3 games, bar fenerbache, this period of play has got bigger. By this time next year he will be dominating whole matches. Needs a bit more quality around him mind.

Devil may care

Very good game, put his fair share of work in but was able to constentrate on what he does best with Carrick in there behind him and drove most of our attacks, and got a stunning goal.

3KDré

If you play someone who can actually pass the ball to him behind him he plays well.

Surprising that, isn't it?

George Beast

MOTM

Just noticed his performance video vs Fenerbache at home has 1.5M views on youtube, bizarre
Also noticed almost all his highlight videos on YouTube have either over or close to 1m views. That's actually insane.

On to the game, is it me or has he stepped it up a bit? He's been really good lately.

donkeyfish

Excellent performance. Really shows the value of such players when they create an early goal like that. His brilliance handed us a very comfortable game.

But he was good all the way through, good passing, good movement. He seemed very eager to play, which is nice to see.

Raw

That burst of pace to dribble ahead of that Swansea player was brilliant, shame he fecked it up at the end :lol:

The guy is quality. Give him time and he'll be unstoppable.

LouisDanGaal

maybe best game in a united shirt not sure, every few games he has a top performance which makes up for his bad performances, there will come a point where games like today are the norm in a couple of seasons and I can't wait for it.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
Really stepping it up the last couple of matches.

Have a good feeling he'll be leading our resurgence from here on and towards the new year. He's absolute quality, and is the capable of turning matches on his own when he's on song.

thepolice123

He's really the least of our problems now. He pure class and bringing a quality to our midfield not seen since the turn of the decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.