Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Yet your average Caftard would tell you he is a baby elephant.

Even when he seemingly isn't firing up on all front he's still crucial and creative.

His chances created are a very interesting stats given you typical Caftard would have you believe he does nothing in games.

Ludens the Red

And people said he couldn't create and dominate games. And that his level of 3/4 games ago is what we should expect and that we should expect him to lose the ball a lot and struggle with a lack of space, nonsense really.

He's got it in his locker and deserved to be called out for not bringing it. Granted Burnley were very deep and there was space in the middle of the pitch but he was picking passes through tight spaces time and time again. There was no carelessness on the ball or over playing.

There was a lot of downplaying of his ability in order to justify his early season form but when you look at that second half and compare it to the Southampton game you can see a midfielder with a range of fantastic abilities and skills.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
The guy is WC, as I've been saying, it's no exaggeration to say he could have had 5 goals and 6/7 assists already.

He's laid about 6 chances on the platter for Zlatan alone.
And Zlatan is also much to blame for some of Pogba criticism he gets.

Some of the games where Pogba has come under heavy scrutinuty and criticism could have been avoided had Zlatan buried his chances.

Think about games like Liverpool, Stoke etc. Had Zlatan buried from those world class delivery from Pogba and win us those games, people would instead be wanking themselves over Pogba delivery instead of criticising him in emotionally rage infused posts.

His assists stats would also have been bumped massively.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The guy is WC, as I've been saying, it's no exaggeration to say he could have had 5 goals and 6/7 assists already.

Agree and once we get the team firing about him he will benefit massively.

VanGaalEra

There is a major part of it that is down to Zlatan, but I don't think simply dropping Zlatan will be the answer.

Pogba and Zlatan seem to have a chemistry, it seems Pogba knows where to pass and where to cross to find Zlatan. We just need Zlatan to bang a couple in and everything will look so different.

Lawman

There is a major part of it that is down to Zlatan, but I don't think simply dropping Zlatan will be the answer.

Pogba and Zlatan seem to have a chemistry, it seems Pogba knows where to pass and where to cross to find Zlatan. We just need Zlatan to bang a couple in and everything will look so different.
Totally and anybody thinking dropping Zlatan is the answer is way off at this stage.

sugar_kane

He was class yesterday but felt a bit of a sense of annoyance in the ground with him every time he tried something that didn't come off, seemed uncalled for despite the price tag.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United

Off the top of my head, he should have add an assist against Leicester (for Ibra), one against Stoke (for Ibra), one against Liverpool (for Ibra) and one against Burnley (for... you guessed it). He's also hit the woodwork three times and quite easily could be sitting on 6 goals and about 4 assists.

Full bodied red

If we hadn't signed him already, I wonder how many of us on here would have been screaming for us to sign him based on what we've seen so far ?

And for a world record fee....

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
If we hadn't signed him already, I wonder how many of us on here would have been screaming for us to sign him based on what we've seen so far ?

Yes, cause players justify their price tag immediately?

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
I thought he was excellent in the second half yesterday. Fulfilled his midfield duties excellently, moved the ball quickly, won it back, passed it well and created chances with incisive, creative play.

Ban

This. It's a mass panic regarding Zlatan. He is having a crisis no doubt but when he starts scoring again it will be all better. Pogba won't stop making chances for him and I bet Zlatan's crisis will stop eventually. It must stop.
As you say they play a lot between each other and understand each other.

pascell

My mate who's supports Liverpool has banged on for the past few weeks how he isn't 'WC' 'waste of money' 'hasn't shown up yet' and the best came today 'if I was a United fan, I'd be pissed off he hasn't done more in the games I've watched'.

I keep telling him if Ibrahimovic had took his chance against Liverpool, Stoke and Burnley, people would look at him very different. I also said we've also paid for his marketability, he doesn't quite grasp that part though, chirps up how Mane cost them £30m and has shown up in every game.

Needham

Currently watching Atlanta Genoa, can easily see how Pogba would thrive in this football. There's that much more time on the ball, no Burnley style midfielders to snap at his shins, ankles, and heels. Sometimes forget how mad the PL is. Currently hope he's just adjusting (agree with those who'll counter that 90 million shouldn't need time to adjust).

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

Even when he seemingly isn't firing up on all front he's still crucial and creative.

His chances created are a very interesting stats given you typical Caftard would have you believe he does nothing in games.
We dont like talented cms. We rather have players like cleverley, ando or fellaini to him

Stacks

And people said he couldn't create and dominate games. And that his level of 3/4 games ago is what we should expect and that we should expect him to lose the ball a lot and struggle with a lack of space, nonsense really.

He's got it in his locker and deserved to be called out for not bringing it. Granted Burnley were very deep and there was space in the middle of the pitch but he was picking passes through tight spaces time and time again. There was no carelessness on the ball or over playing.

There was a lot of downplaying of his ability in order to justify his early season form but when you look at that second half and compare it to the Southampton game you can see a midfielder with a range of fantastic abilities and skills.
And Zlatan is also much to blame for some of Pogba criticism he gets.

Some of the games where Pogba has come under heavy scrutinuty and criticism could have been avoided had Zlatan buried his chances.

Think about games like Liverpool, Stoke etc. Had Zlatan buried from those world class delivery from Pogba and win us those games, people would instead be wanking themselves over Pogba delivery instead of criticising him in emotionally rage infused posts.

His assists stats would also have been bumped massively.
This is all so wonderful yet 4 of our games this season have been against Liverpool, Chelsea and City x 2. He has been either bossed, anonymous or struggled to deal with the opp. Are you satisfied with another flat track bully whom disappears against our rivals on every occasion? You pay top dollar for top dollar performances or difference makers in the big games. Without a Paul Pogba, we should be able to win these games that you are all raving about (Burnley, Stoke, Fener etc.) Not to say he hasn't done well in said games because he has, but I expect we forked out for him to show up in the big games which for mehe has failed to do so on almost 4 occasions already.

Ludens the Red

This is all so wonderful yet 4 of our games this season have been against Liverpool, Chelsea and City x 2. He has been either bossed, anonymous or struggled to deal with the opp. Are you satisfied with another flat track bully whom disappears against our rivals on every occasion? You pay top dollar for top dollar performances or difference makers in the big games. Without a Paul Pogba, we should be able to win these games that you are all raving about (Burnley, Stoke, Fener etc.) Not to say he hasn't done well in said games because he has, but I expect we forked out for him to show up in the big games which for mehe has failed to do so on almost 4 occasions already.
Weird that you chose to quote my post for this, I alluded to the fact he's been inconsistent and was poor in the Liverpool, Chelsea games in that exact post. Yeah, weird. Best to read posts through before you quote them.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Really good performance from Pogba. He adds so much to our midfield. Needs to improve in games where he is denied space but his quality is very clear to see.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Alternatively, if he played the same way for city and had aguero tucking chances away, sitting on 8+ assists already, would we be calling him a waste of money? Grass is always greener.

ZDwyr

His crossing is very good. Should have two or three assists from them already if Zlatan could finish.

Acole9

Outstanding
He was involved in most of the build up play in the Burnley game from what I saw, he had a good game.

Fenerbahce 2:1 Man Utd

Adam-Utd

I fear he's hurt his knee ligaments. Didn't look good the way it bent and the way he kept hobbling. Bloody typical.

DWelbz19

Nice that we let him hobble around for an extra 5-10 minutes or so.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I fear he's hurt his knee ligaments. Didn't look good the way it bent and the way he kept hobbling. Bloody typical.
It was very clearly a dead leg, he took a hit on the outside of the thigh.

Sometimes they loosen up which is why he tried to run it off.

Adam-Utd

It was very clearly a dead leg, he took a hit on the outside of the thigh.

Sometimes they loosen up which is why he tried to run it off.
Nah dead legs you run off. His wasn't going away and that's why he went off, ligaments can feel like a dead leg.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Nah dead legs you run off. His wasn't going away and that's why he went off, ligaments can feel like a dead leg.
Eh? When do knee ligaments feel like a dead leg?

It was very clearly his outer thigh, and dead legs can't always be run off.

Adam-Utd

Eh? When do knee ligaments feel like a dead leg?

It was very clearly his outer thigh, and dead legs can't always be run off.
Damaged Ligaments can feel like a dead leg because generally other tissue is bruised around it too. Only when the feeling doesn't go away you realise it's more serious. I'm just going off the evidence, his knee clearly buckles. Hope I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.