Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Stone

You just know the sour geriatrics that criticize Pogba's dancing now thought Roger Milla was the coolest thing ever when he did his little shuffle almost 30 years ago. It's just because he plays for us and is rather good at this whole football lark that people are getting pissed off.

keener

So, rest of the world, if you don't want to see him celebrate, stop him from scoring!!!

I'm certainly no fan of these theatrics but this is mainly just a media hate campaign against Paul.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
So, rest of the world, if you don't want to see him celebrate, stop him from scoring!!!

I'm certainly no fan of these theatrics but this is mainly just a media hate campaign against Paul.
A media hate campaign?

It's just Makelele expressing his opinion. He's obviously a bit more old school and personally thinks its disrespectful to the opponent.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
A media hate campaign?

It's just Makelele expressing his opinion. He's obviously a bit more old school and personally thinks its disrespectful to the opponent.
That's exactly that, I don't think anybody under 40 is complaining about Pogba's dancing, it's a generational thing more than anything.

Habs

That's exactly that, I don't think anybody under 40 is complaining about Pogba's dancing, it's a generational thing more than anything.
I find all dance celebrations incredibly cringy and I'm under 30! don't think age has much to do with it tbh as most people I know feel the same way.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I find all dance celebrations incredibly cringy and I'm under 30! don't think age has much to do with it tbh as most people I know feel the same way.
That's fine, most people I know are completely indifferent to it and so am I. I just really don't see what the big deal is and if the opposition isn't happy then just try to stop it. My feelings is if you score, you are free to celebrate however you want as long as you're not obscene.

mancan92

A media hate campaign?

Yeah your right. Makelele probably never celebrated his goals...........

Any footballer complaining about pogba is a pure hypocrite. Every single one of them does it and has done it.

Heinzesight

I dont get the hatred aimed at pogba, a friend of mine who is a massive red and went to 99 champs final with me said Pogba should never where a united short again?
I’m all for a bit of discipline but making him play in his underwear seems a bit harsh;)

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Who cares about Makelele. As long as he delivers, I don't fecking care what he does (on the pitch)

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Yeah your right. Makelele probably never celebrated his goals...........

Any footballer complaining about pogba is a pure hypocrite. Every single one of them does it and has done it.
I doubt he celebrated them like Pogba. Makelele's issue is with how elaborate his celebrations are, he views that as being disrespectful.

I personally couldn't care less, but the point is it isn't a media hate campaign against Pogba, it's just a footballer from an older generation not liking a dance. Others like Keane will feel exactly the same.

mancan92

I doubt he celebrated them like Pogba. Makelele's issue is with how elaborate his celebrations are, he views that as being disrespectful.

I personally couldn't care less, but the point is it isn't a media hate campaign against Pogba, it's just a footballer from an older generation not liking a dance. Others like Keane will feel exactly the same.
Every footballer has done an over indulgent celebration. There is not one that has not. Whether that be running into the corner, bundling with the team, shouting your head off or doing a dance. It's all indulgent nonsense.

I celebrate the goals I score for Sunday league. And everyone on my team does and every other team does. I've never seen a player not celebrate their goal in some way.

cyberman

You'll see how it works. The media will turn this into a talking point as if it's a burning issue.
This won't be the end of it.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Every footballer has done an over indulgent celebration. There is not one that has not. Whether that be running into the corner, bundling with the team, shouting your head off or doing a dance. It's all indulgent nonsense.

I celebrate the goals I score for Sunday league. And everyone on my team does and every other team does. I've never seen a player not celebrate their goal in some way.
I don't think his problem lies with players getting emotional for big goals. I think he has an issue with a player working out premeditated dance celebrations for goals at home to Bournemouth.

Again, Makelele isn't saying you can't celebrate, he's saying he finds it disrespectful to do an elaborate dance move which you've clearly been practising. He's obviously old school and I can imagine that in many dressing rooms you would have a figure like Makelele, Gerrard, Keane etc saying cut that out, we don't do that here. Personally I couldn't give two fecks about how somebody wants to celebrate a goal, if Pogba wants to do a crap dance all power to him.

But it's not a media conspiracy .. it's just a case of a player from a different generation not liking a cringy celebration. That's all.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
You'll see how it works. The media will turn this into a talking point as if it's a burning issue.
This won't be the end of it.
Maybe, if so then I imagine Pogba will just laugh it off and want to score even more so he can wind them up.

Posh Red

I don't think his problem lies with players getting emotional for big goals. I think he has an issue with a player working out premeditated dance celebrations for goals at home to Bournemouth.

Again, Makelele isn't saying you can't celebrate, he's saying he finds it disrespectful to do an elaborate dance move which you've clearly been practising. He's obviously old school and I can imagine that in many dressing rooms you would have a figure like Makelele, Gerrard, Keane etc saying cut that out, we don't do that here. Personally I couldn't give two fecks about how somebody wants to celebrate a goal, if Pogba wants to do a crap dance all power to him.

But it's not a media conspiracy .. it's just a case of a player from a different generation not liking a cringy celebration. That's all.
That cringey camera kissing pillock never seemed to mind Sturridge’s awful moves!

mancan92

What are you on about. During their time they had all sorts of celebrations. I don't remember anyone murdering Robbie Keane for his rolling gun celebration, or Owens summer salts, or Lee scrapes stupid celebrations.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Good thing Makelele wasn't around Madrid anymore when R9 did the cockroach celebration with Robinho and Roberto Carlos, his head would have likely exploded.

DBT85

I remember way back when, Giggs and Ince doing a little celebration that was clearly practised. It's not new.
I wish more passion and excitement was shown when a goal is scored. Who'll ever forget seeing Giggs tear away shirtless after that arsenal goal?

0le

The only silly celebration I recall was Nani doing backflips.

ravi2

Pogbas performances and the form of the team in general warrant celebrations , I couldnt care less what Makalele has to say.
There are some people you just cant win with.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
What are you on about. During their time they had all sorts of celebrations. I don't remember anyone murdering Robbie Keane for his rolling gun celebration, or Owens summer salts, or Lee scrapes stupid celebrations.
What am I on about? Go ask fecking Makelele.

Some old school types like Makelele and Keane don't like elaborate dance celebrations. They probably didn't like them when players back in the day did it either. Certain people disagree with this type of overzealous celebration and for some reason are so irked by it, they come out and speak on it. It's not some media conspiracy against Pogba and United, it's just certain individuals doing what they've always done and trying to impose how they believe things should be on to others.

Not sure how much clearer I can be about it. Also, I've just seen that it says not to talk about anything but his actual performances in here, so that's the last I'll say about it. I don't even know why somebody dancing for a celebration is a story in the first place.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Pogba channeling his inner-Yaya now. You’re used to just bully opponents and provide such an amazing goal threat from the middle. Pogba can do that while also being more creative and able to control the game at the same time hopefully.

Greck

They call the new generation mentally soft yet are the ones getting bothered by something as irrelevant as goal celebrations.

POF

His goal celebrations are brilliant. When I watch my son play, all of the kids do their favourite players' goal celebrations. It's fantastic and it adds to the fun for the kids.

My only issue with Pogba's celebrations was that he wasn't scoring often enough to do them. The more he does the better.

Pogba has been superb the last 3 weeks. I really hope that this is a genuine turning point for him and not another false dawn. His (and Ole's) comments about simplifying his game are very encouraging.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I for one loved his new celebration. Not usually a fan of the whole 1000 handshakes thing which has become too widely copied.. but that smirk, shrug and arm fold was pure Gold.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Makelele is talking as if elaborate goal celebrations are a new thing. Lee Sharpe was doing it whilst Paul Pogba was still pissing the bed. I remember Giggs and Ince had ones they did together too.

If Makelele ever watched an NFL game, his head might combust. Sport is entertainment. Fans want to see a certain amount of showmanship.

Last edited:

deafepl

Or he told them that there's no way we're beating PSG
Before next day Jose gets sacked, Jose sent a message to the board: BOARD!!! We've got PSG to draw in the round of 16, we have no chances to beat them but if you give me billions money to get all top players to assemble the best football team ever the earth has seen, we'll be crushing them easily with 0-0 scoreline and make sure PSG can't shot against us with 10 men behind balls rest of the matches and go to pens, they would argue over whoever takes penalty first, referee will award us a win because they can't resolve penalty takers situation"

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Scoring a lot more goals this season. Already on 9 from 23, got 9 from 51 in his first season with us and 6 from 37 last season. If he keeps it up he could get close to 20 this season.

Wish that shot on the post went in and he got the hattrick.

Loublaze

ATLien
Pogba must be the most hated footballer in England right now. The man can't do anything right!

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
To quote my dad after his two goals yesterday: "Pogba isn't supposed to be that far up the pitch"

Status
Not open for further replies.