g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Paul Pogba image 6

Paul Pogba France flag

2018-19 Performances

View full 2018-19 profile

5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Just took 3 Liverpool games.

Liverpool 1-0 Napoli: 118 km vs 114 km
Napoli 1-0 Liverpool: 112 vs 112
PSG 2-1 Liverpool: 105 vs 106
Liverpool 3-2 PSG 104 vs 101
Liverpool 4-0 CZ: 108 vs 111
CZ 2-0 Liverpool: 115 vs 109

I think distance covered depends on other team too. Looks like PSG brought down Liverpool's distance covered to average level.
Thanks, so yeah as suspected the tighter matches usually produce less running.

I’d be very surprised to see Liverpool using a high press against us away, they’ll sit back contain and counter with their speed.

Canagel

I just bloody need him to put Liverpool in their place. A goal and an assist and him and Lingard moonwalking Klopp out of the stadium.
He needs to get on the pitch first. Something that didn't happen for over 2 years against Liverpool.

Raw

6 goals and 10 assists left for him to reach 20 goals and 20 assists for the season.

12 league games left and at least 1 FA Cup game. Potentially another 2 FA Cup games and 5 CL games (highly doubtful :(). 13 (potentially 20) games to produce 16 G+A? Can't see it happening unless we absolutely ravage some teams.

Mr PG

I hope many of our fans especially those who booed/turned on him learn a lesson here. We almost lost him after mismanaging him for two spells at the club and we could be watching him do this for another club.

TsuWave

gary neville still won't come outside, and can't forget this dickhead too:

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
He's been a monster since Ole has come in, one of the best players in the world. Have to admit, I was unimpressed with him a few months back and had backed Mourinho at this point but happy to admit I was wrong. I do still have some reservations about his longer term ambitions, i.e. Real Madrid or Barcelona, but really enjoying his performances right now.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
gary neville still won't come outside, and can't forget this dickhead too:

I don't understand why people get on the back of pundits for things they've said in the past.

It's almost as if we think that people a) shouldn't have opinions at any one time or b) can't change their opinion in the future.

Godfather

I don't understand why people get on the back of pundits for things they've said in the past.

It's almost as if we think that people a) shouldn't have opinions at any one time or b) can't change their opinion in the future.
Neville is as biased as it comes with managers though. No wonder with him and his brother getting the sack for being incompetent at managerial and coaching level. Nothing they have to say in matters like this should be taken serious.

In Rainbows

Well it depends on the opinion. All the evidence pointed towards him being wrong, and he was stubborn in accepting that evidence. In this Pogba case, he never had a real problem with Conte, Allegri, or with the national team. All of a sudden his attitude was a problem with Mourinho? The same Mourinho that fell out with numerous star players? It goes further than that. We're talking about the same Pogba who was actually a top 3 performer for United this season prior to Ole. We're talking about the same Pogba who had saved Mourinho's managerial career at United by doing well against Newcastle. If he wanted to down tools, that would have been the best place to do so.

All this evidence pointed towards this, and yet he refused to not give a more nuanced opinion on this issue.

That's on Carragher.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
Neville is as biased as it comes with managers though. No wonder with him and his brother getting the sack for being incompetent at managerial and coaching level. Nothing they have to say in matters like this should be taken serious.
I dunno - they've just been brought up under a one manager dynasty - so I can see why they lean towards that model then getting rid of managers.

Anyway, you can definitely disagree with pundits opinions of course.... but yeah, I find the obsession (especially on twitter) with using something a pundit said several months ago as a stick to beat them with to be very odd.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
6 goals and 10 assists left for him to reach 20 goals and 20 assists for the season.

12 league games left and at least 1 FA Cup game. Potentially another 2 FA Cup games and 5 CL games (highly doubtful :(). 13 (potentially 20) games to produce 16 G+A? Can't see it happening unless we absolutely ravage some teams.
In this form it's definitely doable. He will get the goals i'm sure of that.

Assists depends on the rest but that's 1 assist a match on average. I'm sure he can manage that.

Even if he doesn't it's been a great season for him. I see no reason why he won't do just the same next year also.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
Well it depends on the opinion. All the evidence pointed towards him being wrong, and he was stubborn in accepting that evidence. In this Pogba case, he never had a real problem with Conte, Allegri, or with the national team. All of a sudden his attitude was a problem with Mourinho? The same Mourinho that fell out with numerous star players? It goes further than that. We're talking about the same Pogba who was actually a top 3 performer for United this season prior to Ole. We're talking about the same Pogba who had saved Mourinho's managerial career at United by doing well against Newcastle. If he wanted to down tools, that would have been the best place to do so.

All this evidence pointed towards this, and yet he refused to not give a more nuanced opinion on this issue.

That's on Carragher.
On the flip side though - I don't think anyone would possible have called just how much Pogba has transformed since Jose departed.

And, i may be remember incorrectly, wasn't Carragher's complaint with Pogba was that he was too inconsistent? and if you had said Pogba would remain to be inconsistent, even after Jose, i don't think that would be an outlandish opinion.

Bobski

I didn't think he had this goal threat in him, one of the reasons why I doubted him in a more attacking role and wanted him to adapt to an orthodox midfield set up. Pens have puffed up his stats a little but if he can consistently be a 15/20 goal a season man building around him becomes easier.

TsuWave

bro, man gave assurances that pogba's performance would not differ. the bass and conviction on his voice. nah.

Canagel

On the flip side though - I don't think anyone would possible have called just how much Pogba has transformed since Jose departed.

And, i may be remember incorrectly, wasn't Carragher's complaint with Pogba was that he was too inconsistent? and if you had said Pogba would remain to be inconsistent, even after Jose, i don't think that would be an outlandish opinion.
He didn't say inconsistent , he went as far to say he couldn't change under different management because he plays for himself!!

As if he didn't win the world cup playing for team just 3 months earlier . What a stupid comments

Valencia Shin Crosses

So he wasn’t disappointing?

Make up your mind. Yes he was man marked but that’s no excuse. Teams will do that to special players, so he’d adapt to that like the best players do.

Being man marked isn’t a excuse. He knew himself after the game that he didn’t have his best game.

If you wanna talk about Herrera then go to his thread.
Of course he was disappointing, but the entire team was disappointing. What would you rather him do? Take on two markers on his own, and be "Selfish showboat Pogba"? I'm saying he was hardly the reason for us losing the game, and when a team sets up to specifically nullify a player, the burden is on the others around him to take advantage. If they do then it will open things up for the original player. Not a crazy thing to understand.

Bojan11

Of course he was disappointing, but the entire team was disappointing. What would you rather him do? Take on two markers on his own, and be "Selfish showboat Pogba"? I'm saying he was hardly the reason for us losing the game, and when a team sets up to specifically nullify a player, the burden is on the others around him to take advantage. If they do then it will open things up for the original player. Not a crazy thing to understand.
So he was disappointing. Glad you agree.

Some people just want to argue about anything these days.

Raven

Because the people calling him out now are the people that were arguing otherwise all along? Because it's pretty clear that Pogba has been world class at Juve and for France? Because it's pretty clear that Mourinho is the only manager that Pogba ever underperformed for. Because Pogba was our best outfield player, even under Mourinho.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia

I think it's the assurance given.....if he'd have said I don't think he'll improve under a new manager, fair enough. That's his opinion, but his little chuckle and assurance....repeated. I think he deserves calling out for that. I mean he assured us this wouldn't happen.

Loublaze

ATLien
18/19 across all competitions so far:

Dele Alli: 7 goals, 4 assists
Sigurdsson: 10 goals, 4 assists
Firmino: 11 goals, 5 assists
Mane: 13 goals, 3 assists
David Silva: 9 goals, 9 assists
Eriksen: 7 goals, 12 assists
Lacazette: 12 goals, 8 assists
Hazard: 15 goals, 10 assists

Pogba: 14 goals, 10 assists

You wonder what he'd be like if Ole had come in earlier.
And where is KDB? 4 goals and 4 assists in 19 apps

Jacob

Wait? Pogba has never played Liverpool?

Oh, that was only 1.5 seasons. Love the opportunism with selective data.

Canagel

Now watch as the next time he has a quiet game against a top team he will be branded not good enough against the big boys.

It's like performances like today just get magically erased soon after.
I'll be saving this quote.

Intilo

It's time to prove that he isn't flat track bully today against better team than us.

Womp

idiot
Think Pool will just press the feck out of him and stick to him all game as PSG did. It's scary how much less effective we look when he isn't running the show. We didn't look nearly as good against PSG when he couldn't get going.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Think Pool will just press the feck out of him and stick to him all game as PSG did. It's scary how much less effective we look when he isn't running the show. We didn't look nearly as good against PSG when he couldn't get going.
One game is not enough to label a team. Let's see how he and the team deals with Liverpool trying to shut him down.

Aloysius's Back 3

Personally - this is why I think we need a neves type midfielder who can dictate our play if the opposition decide to mark Pogba out the game. Doing so & marking Pogba should give freedom to neves to free play from midfield or vice versa if it is him who is marked then Pogba can get an element of freedom to his game.

Say if Pogba gets marked out the game & it's Ndombele by himself in midfield - that would nullify an aspect of our attack In comparison.

Pogba shouldn't be the only one in our first team that does what he does - we need more creators across the field.

TsuWave

It's time to prove that he isn't flat track bully today against better team than us.
every other big game people say this and he consistently comes up with the goods in big games. every week "this is pogba's test". the man must have multiple PhDs with the amount of tests people keep throwing his way

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Even if he drops a stinker today, he’s more than proven himself as a ‘big game player’.

Cloud7

When I saw this thread bumped my first thought was “oh God don’t tell me he’s fallen ill today or something and had to pull out of the match.”

With the way Liverpool’s luck has been going this season, it seemed so likely. Don’t scare me like this lads.

Jib

Fought well.
Great defensive work.
But some people won't give him credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.