Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Web of Bissaka

Working hard for the team. Got a nice assist to put the game to bed. Probably should have scored a headed goal (lets be honest, he missed cos he coloured his hair :P ).
...and shorter/buzz cut. It's the physics law, his prev hair is longer and bushier which helps cushion his heading, meaning better control to guide the ball into the net
lel

Web of Bissaka

It's curious that he was playing on the right. I wonder if it was due to Sanchez or Fred, or a combination of both.
Sanchez, Fred, team balance and PSG reasons, all four I think.

1. Sanchez, because both of them are more of an attacking creator with long ball pass weapon, don't need both at the same side, doesn't mesh well together when they're close, better when they're further from each other so they can laser pass to each other. They found each other combining well better when they're far from each other.

2. Fred, 3 reasons.
  • Safer. Zaha on the right is probably a riskier option if we put Fred there. Fred is also better defensively than Pogba, more alert/smell danger, and he's been improving in trainings I see making less rash tackles and playing safer. Safer to play him on the left, with the right already having Dalot and Young, with Pogba also to help.
  • Build-up attacks from back. Fred is a better option in receiving positions from our defend and build attack from the back than Andreas Pereira. If we play Pereira instead, there is a lack of build up from the back as we've seen from the previous game vs Liverpool (McT is the only one receiving, Pereira is too far up and marked heavily, same with Pogba who is marked hard).
  • Preparation for the PSG game.
3. More balance this way with the team lineup we had, considering the about 4-5 injuries and Rashford dead leg or something.

4. Tactical option. PSG revenge game is getting nearer. It's likely Herrera and Matic is still out or even not fully fit. Pogba is confirmed out. We've seen what Pereira can do as the RCM, plus McTominay as the CDM, so the third midfielder which is only Fred (no way the kids are playing), start trying out that combination. Fred on the LCM isn't bad, I'm impressed with his discipline. Maybe we'll see this midfield combo vs PSG.

Fred-------------Pereira
McTominay
*I like to see a diamond vs PSG, with Sanchez at #10 if the rest (Mata, Herrera, Martial, Lingard) are comfirmed out.

rollingstoned1

I don't like his new hair cut. I can smile at any style he chooses but something about that bleached blond look has always irritated me, no matter who was wearing it. Probably a point for the "Little things that really annoy you" thread.

Grow out a 3 foot afro, then sculpt it into a Christmas tree replete with dyed tinsel I could admire, even out of season, but short and bleached blonde, no go.

Looked tired, rumours that he is carrying a knock but soldiered though it and made the goal that killed it.
Glad i'm not alone here. I don't like the beached blond look either, just doesn't look right and you need to do a double take to see if it really is him.

yfoFC

It's curious that he was playing on the right. I wonder if it was due to Sanchez or Fred, or a combination of both.
I feel he was allowing Fred test out the position he is going to play against PSG with Andreas playing the right side.

Smart move to prepare for that day now rather than dumping Fred in an unfamiliar position on the biggest night of our season thus far IMO.

Walters_19_MuFc

Interesting that Ole played him on the right against Palace. Think it was down to Dalot keeping the width on the right and opening up the space for Pogba to find pockets. Similarly, when Martial keeps the width, it allows Pogba to do the same on the other side. In game it looked like:

Lukaku
Shaw Sanchez Pogba Dalot
Fred McTominay

Normally we see :

Rashford
Martial Pogba Lingard Young
Matic Herrera

It allows us to keep that 'midfield box' that Jose was constantly talking about, giving the likes of Pogba, Lingard, Sanchez, Mata, etc to play in between the lines.

This is why I feel Solskjaer should be after a wide playmaker (Isco, Fekir, Lemar, etc) rather than a direct winger but that's for another thread.

In regards to his performance I thought he was fine. Nothing special but not poor. Made the game look easy and hardly broke a sweat. Should have probably done better with his header.​

Jib

2 goals and 2 assists in 4 games. Great work rate too, especially against Liverpool.

But if he can't even win our player of the month ( he was robbed last month and it might happen again), there is no chance that they vote for him for the PL POTM... you can't be the best player in the league when even our supporters think that Rashford or Herrera are better than you...

#underappreciated

Last edited:

Impulse

Glad i'm not alone here. I don't like the beached blond look either, just doesn't look right and you need to do a double take to see if it really is him.
Yup, he's almost indistinguishable from McTominay when he has blonde hair.

Rolaholic

Music to the ears

Wouldn't have been mad with either Dave or Herrera getting it but I feel like the club putting the effort to show some appreciation, however symbolic, for our main man could pay dividends down the line whenever the Spanish Giants start showing interest

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite

Music to the ears

Wouldn't have been mad with either Dave or Herrera getting it but I feel like the club putting the effort to show some appreciation, however symbolic, for our main man could pay dividends down the line whenever the Spanish Giants start showing interest
Not a good decision. It should be Herrera

Rolaholic

He's the type that doesn't really need the armband to do a captain's job imo. He's been doing it for a while even while he was a squad player so I doubt he'd have an issue

Just feels like more often than not captains tend to be more high profile players. Pogs fitting that bill along with being a leader in the dressing room while being an academy product just makes it fitting to give him the armband

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I understand it being Pogba tbh. Herrera will be 30 next season and I do think a part of him wants to go back to Bilbao or Zaragoza before the end of his career, so this last contract if/when he signs will likely be only a couple of years before he leaves. Pogba is in his prime, the heartbeat of our side and has played every bit like a captain since Ole came in. Also makes me think it's more likely he stays here for good and becomes a United legend.

podurban2

Herrera shouldn’t be caplain at all. In fact, we will probably upgrade him soon. Pogba should be, of course.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
I understand it being Pogba tbh. Herrera will be 30 next season and I do think a part of him wants to go back to Bilbao or Zaragoza before the end of his career, so this last contract if/when he signs will likely be only a couple of years before he leaves. Pogba is in his prime, the heartbeat of our side and has played every bit like a captain since Ole came in. Also makes me think it's more likely he stays here for good and becomes a United legend.
Only in the caf is 30 old. There is no reason to believe Herrera wants to go back to Spain now... just as there is no real reason to believe Pogba wants to go to PSG or Barcelona.

Herrera has had a better Manchester United career than Pogba and has played great under every manager he has been with. Pogba has shown good glimpses of his potential when the situation has favoured him.

Herrera has shown Manchester United fight every season he has been here. He has the personality and more importantly the charisma and character to be Manchester United captain. Pogba is immature and is more concerned about hair styles and dancing. I'm sorry but it has to be said. If Pogba is our captain he will have to really change his personality.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Only in the caf is 30 old. There is no reason to believe Herrera wants to go back to Spain now... just as there is no real reason to believe Pogba wants to go to PSG or Barcelona.

Herrera has had a better Manchester United career than Pogba and has played great under every manager he has been with. Pogba has shown good glimpses of his potential when the situation has favoured him.

Herrera has shown Manchester United fight every season he has been here. He has the personality and more importantly the charisma and character to be Manchester United captain. Pogba is immature and is more concerned about hair styles and dancing. I'm sorry but it has to be said. If Pogba is our captain he will have to really change his personality.
I don't give a shit who ends up as your captain but this is just such a lazy cliche. How do you come to the conclusion that he's immature just because he is flamboyant with his hair and can dance. Ronaldo was obsessed with his hair, so was Beckham.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
I don't give a shit who ends up as your captain but this is just such a lazy cliche. How do you come to the conclusion that he's immature just because he is flamboyant with his hair and can dance. Ronaldo was obsessed with his hair, so was Beckham.
If you see the way he behaves, you will see it is not that of a Manchester United captain. Not yet anyways. Maybe he will change.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
If you see the way he behaves, you will see it is not that of a Manchester United captain. Not yet anyways. Maybe he will change.
Fair enough, opinions and all that. I thought he looked like a leader during the world cup though.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Reinstating Pogba as captain would be a good move. He's the most influential player in our team and is the leader already.

meamth

So what if Pogba is playful and jovial?

Actually those kinds of people are full of charisma and people will naturally get attracted to them. Those breeds are rare.

Freddie Mercury, Dwayne Johnson, Zlatan to name a few, these people are full of characters that attracts people to them. I think Pogba is in the same breed.

tieunhilang

Herrera is a basque though. Pogba however is a true Mancunian! :devil:
What does this even mean? If you want a true Manchester lad, then go for Rashford. Pogba being French is just like Herrera being Basque. Their nationalities shouldn't be an issue.

Jib

Music to the ears

Herrera and DDG aren't leaders. Fans favorite yes, leaders ? No.

Pogba captain.
Young and Lindelof VC.

Selbourne

Herrera is absolutely a leader.

You can just tell by his passion on the pitch and his verbal instructions towards teammates or sticking up for them, that he is one.

It's the reason why he's been one of my favourites for years now because he absolutely gives it his all in every department.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Pogba has a aura and commands respect which is reflected in what Lingard, Rashford, Martial etc say about him. Herrera doesn't have anywhere close to the influence of Pogba IMO.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
What does this even mean? If you want a true Manchester lad, then go for Rashford. Pogba being French is just like Herrera being Basque. Their nationalities shouldn't be an issue.
This just clearly isn't true is it? Pogba grew up here, I remember seeing him in the AMC cinema with a girl when he was 16 :lol:

Whilst I like the notion that nationality doesn't matter, you'll always have stronger feelings for somewhere you grew up. It's sad that people in the UK don't recognise that you can feel part of more than one country, it's why so many immigrants feel they have to try to be "extra British" to fit in.

Man Utd 3:2 Southampton

prateik

Not his best game.. Sat deeper to let Pereira play further forward in the second half and not sure he enjoys that too much..

Poor game ended with a average pen too..
Take a week off.. turn up against Arsenal.. please.

KennyBurner

Second time this season he has cheated lukaku out of a possible hat trick this season. We need a better penalty taker because he is very unreliable.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Not at the races today. Still better than his poor performances in the past. He just struggled with that final 10% today.

Really should've given Lukaku that pen.

3KDré

Poor game from him today and that was selfish of him to take the penalty. He looks very tired though.

Status
Not open for further replies.