Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

TsuWave

had a decent game, played more defensively after half time because Pereira was pushed up. shame about the pen miss.

he has found a great level of consistency if this is considered a "poor" performance.

Sanchez7

Great with his touches as usual but should have done better on the pen. He isn't able to influence the game as much playing deeper.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Another completely average game when needed. But he sacrificed himself for the team, right?

Joking aside, as we are not allowed to criticise him, why didn't he give the penalty to Lukaku?

LLMU

Looks tired and not his usual self today. That penalty miss is huge to him. I think he will come back stronger after this.

Stadjer

Not that great today. He still had a few decent moments because he is so talented but he can be so much better.

Shit penalty and i really wished he would have given it to Lukaku so Lukaku could have gotten a hattrick. He is the penalty taker and it was only 3-2 in a very close game so it isnt that strange that he took his responsibility of taking the penalty.

Devil may care

Had to play deeper in the 2nd half to get some control of the game as McTominay and Pereira were very poor on the ball in the first half. Not a flashy game but a disciplined and effective performance overall.

Gomes

Would be the lowest rated player of the game if his name was Lukaku or Sanchez.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Mature performance considering the inexperienced midfield. He made winning those 2nd balls look easy. It wasn't highlight reel stuff but he was a 1 man midfield for large spells of the game.

Shite pen though. He's got the ability to put them right into the corners. Dunno why he's put it low down and too close to the middle. Worse than Auba's penalty. If you go down the middle you have to put it high as well.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Pogba sacrificed himself, playing deep to look after the kids. He couldn't really show what he's really about until Fred came on and he pushed forward, almost immediately playing Lukaku in.

Respect his willingness to play for the team today so I'll forgive him not letting Rom have a chance of a hat trick.

Minimalist

Not exactly dogshit but a poor game today.

Unlucky with the penalty but still always a risk putting it down the middle. Bad day at the office.

cyberman

He's playing deeper to help out our midfield. It's kind of startling looking at the two versions that Jose wanted the deep laying version

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
The hair is doing him no favours. Get rid of that and get back to form. Glad he's got a week to recover for the next game.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Pogba sacrificed himself, playing deep to look after the kids. He couldn't really show what he's really about until Fred came on and he pushed forward, almost immediately playing Lukaku in.

Respect his willingness to play for the team today so I'll forgive him not letting Rom have a chance of a hat trick.
Oh man, poor Pogba, a midfielder doing midfield stuff

Canagel

Unlucky miss at the end but he did a job in deeper position 2nd half after the switches to cover for Peirera who moved into number 10. A one week refresh for Arsenal will be useful.

MAME DIOUF 32

Now even when he's crap he's not the total passenger he's been at other times. Bad penalty though.

Aloysius's Back 3

I absolutely hate his penalties - the way he dribbles towards the ball is too easy to save.

He has to stop taking our penalties.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Really disappointed by the stupid yellow at the end just because he was upset with himself for taking a shite penalty. Needs to show more maturity in those situations if he wants to be captain.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Second time this season he has cheated lukaku out of a possible hat trick this season. We need a better penalty taker because he is very unreliable.
I disagree with this. Penalty taker needs to shoot them. That shit about giving it to another player because of hat trick, having baby, playing 100th game etc...are stupid. He missed. I still think that Martial and him are best for penalty kicks

automaticflare

Had to play deeper today cos we couldn’t get a hold of the ball at all. Definitely controlled it better in second half when he dropped kff

Mcking

He is not a very good penalty taker is he? You just need to see two of his penalties to know he is not one.

Raven

Should have left Lukaku take the pen, felt he sat deeper today because Pereira will be playing higher up against PSG, which I feel he did well with his goal and assist. Pogba was a little off, but not bad, just average.

Art

Art the artist
Don't mind the miss as much as i do the selfishness to take the pen himself. If he's going to get the armband he needs to do these things.

tonnas

Not a bad game but he needs a rest, take a good week of recovery and come back firing vs Arsenal !

laughtersassassin

7/10. Nothing special but did his job. We don't win that game without having him drop into DM second half. First half Mctominay couldn't dictate and we struggled once Paul dropped in there it set us up with the possession to get the game to 2-1.

Could.n care about the Penalty. He isn't great at them but its also proven we got no one better so...

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I have no problem with him taking the penalty even with another player on a hatrick. You have to take them when it's tough so you get to take them when they're easy.

I don't think he's particularly good at them though.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Literally pointless post, because his name isn't sanchez or lukaku. Its really not that hard to imagine that good performances leave you with good merit that is taken into the next games while bad performances do the opposite. Pogba has been one of the top midfielders in the world in recent weeks, that absolutely does mean he can have greater excuses after one average game.

laughtersassassin

Don't mind the miss as much as i do the selfishness to take the pen himself. If he's going to get the armband he needs to do these things.
How you know its selfishness. When you are only winning by 1 goal most teams ain't taking a peno off their first choice taker to try get a player a hat trick. Sure it would be nice but Rom is proven to be a poor penalty kick taker. Hindsight, it is easier to argue since Pogba missed but it ain't selfish to stick with tried and true taker.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
If he had scored the pen, then no one would've mentioned giving it to Lukaku. Hindsight is a wonderful thing..

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
It needs to be written in his next contract that his hair always has to be black and mid-length.

Every time he buzzes it or goes blonde his form dips. I can't be the only person to notice?

hungrywing

Or the fact that he doesn't do those little things is a surface indicator of the deeper-running glaring indicators why he shouldn't get the armband.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Nah. Sanchez offers nothing. Pogba just lacked on his final ball today with heavy touches.

You also have to take the wider picture into consideration. Pogba has had a good season.

Based Adnan

Poor today. Went back to his old habits of over complicating things at the start of the game. Gave the ball away cheaply constantly and always went for the harder pass. Clearly got told to play it simple at half time but didn't really impact the game much 2nd half. Dunno why he insisted on taking the peno instead of giving it Rom for the hattrick and the less said about the run up and penalty the better.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Funny that people say he was poor when for the majority of the game he had to play in front of our back 3 because of the changes Ole made. No doubt he wasn't at his best, but even on a day when things don't come off for him he still provides an ability to keep the ball and pass that simply no one else in our squad has.

Art

Art the artist
How you know its selfishness. When you are only winning by 1 goal most teams ain't taking a peno off their first choice taker to try get a player a hat trick. Sure it would be nice but Rom is proven to be a poor penalty kick taker. Hindsight, it is easier to argue since Pogba missed but it ain't selfish to stick with tried and true taker.
Don't know.mate. Last thing i want is for this to be blown out of proportion in the media. Would've been a nice gesture by Paul imo

laughtersassassin

Funny that people say he was poor when for the majority of the game he had to play in front of our back 3 because of the changes Ole made. No doubt he wasn't at his best, but even on a day when things don't come off for him he still provides an ability to keep the ball and pass that simply no one else in our squad has.
This guy has it correct. Did what was asked. We were struggling so he was told to go dictate from deep. He did that perfectly well.

OldTrevil

What is his penalty conversion rate for the season? Missing one penalty doesn't make a player a bad taker

Status
Not open for further replies.