Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Give the pen to Lukaku ffs! Team-mate on a hat-trick. What was wrong with him?

He was much more disciplined today because of our inexperienced midfield. Didn't get the chance to influence the match further forward which was a shame.

Matic & Herrera can't come back soon enough!

laughtersassassin

Don't know.mate. Last thing i want is for this to be blown out of proportion in the media. Would've been a nice gesture by Paul imo
It may be a hypothetical but if Pogba gives that to Rom and he misses and Southhampton go onto score then there would be war and rightly so. You stick with your standard penalty taker when one up. Two up and you hand it to the guy on a hat trick.

Dr Foo

Did his job today alongside an inexperienced midfield. We needed him to drop deeper today. Hope the scenes and miss at the end wasn't his ego acting up.

Canagel

Give the pen to Lukaku ffs! Team-mate on a hat-trick. What was wrong with him?

He was much more disciplined today because of our inexperienced midfield. Didn't get the chance to influence the match further forward which was a shame.

Matic & Herrera can't come back soon enough!
Doesn't the manager pre designate who will take the penalties?

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
One he scored the rebound though!
He did, but he's not very reliable. Today penalty was very poor, no height and drifted towards left when it should be in center.

But we don't have any good takers in the squad apart from him.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Doesn't the manager pre designate who will take the penalties?
Of course, i would have thought it's a bit strange that Pogba never said 'here you go' though, that's all.

Edit: Seeing Lukaku's comments clears it up. Rom is a very nice guy.

OldTrevil

He has missed 3 penalties this season.
And how many has he taken? Penalties are very clear to judge. Good takers have a high rate and bad takers have a low one. Run ups, hair, or any other nonsense are stupid metrics to judge penalty takers.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
It needs to be written in his next contract that his hair always has to be black and mid-length.

Every time he buzzes it or goes blonde his form dips. I can't be the only person to notice?
I haven't noticed the length, but I've definitely noticed the blonde coincidentally always seeming to come with a run of poor form. :nervous:

laughtersassassin

He did, but he's not very reliable. Today penalty was very poor, no height and drifted towards left when it should be in center.

Agree. He is though our best penalty taker. We tried everyone else and they were worse.

It's not like he is on them cause of ego. He is on them as we tested to see who was best. He is simlsi a good penalty taker. Not brilliant but the best of a poor bunch.

laughtersassassin

I haven't noticed the length, but I've definitely noticed the blonde coincidentally always seeming to come with a run of poor form. :nervous:
Except he isn't in a run of poor form. Assist last week and dropped into DM this week to help us get a stronghold in the game.

He was fine no where near poor. Also one game doesn't make form.

spiriticon

He's clearly been shackled again since we got the injuries but fair fecks to him, he is staying pretty disciplined.

He knows we don't really have a choice at the moment.

Mcking

Although Lukaku and Pereira got the goals, but I thought Pogba was the best player on the pitch all things considered.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It's obvious that the darker his hair is the better he plays. :D
In all seriousness it wasn't the level we've come to expect from him today but he's had to play a different role.
He's not at his best when he's sitting back, but given the injuries we don't have a choice.
I wish he'd change his penalties though, even when he scores them it's fecking annoying.

ash_86

He was piss poor today, nothing worked out for him. Probably needs some rest as he's been playing non stop.

Paul_Scholes18

Agree. He is though our best penalty taker. We tried everyone else and they were worse.

It's not like he is on them cause of ego. He is on them as we tested to see who was best. He is simlsi a good penalty taker. Not brilliant but the best of a poor bunch.
I think Herrera might be better though. Think he has scored all of them for us. I know when he got them under Mourinho Herrera didn't start most game.

Apart from the penalty I didn't think Pogba played well today. He has been a bit off recently too with not too many great performances. Could be that not having Matic and Herrera around makes him drop too deep. Still when he had space he didn't do too well with it today.

kundalini

Been brilliant for us under Solskjaer but that was not a good performance.

Kag

Imagine being the sort of human being that links hair colour to football performance.

Like, actually imagine viewing the world through that lens. It must be amazing.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
I love Sisqo Pogba (Sisqogba?) he’s had to sacrifice his performances in the last few games without Matic & Herrera in midfield.
Wish he scored the penalty, but he’ll get a rest midweek and come back fresh for the gunners - hopefully at least one of Matic or Herrera is back by then

iluvoursolskjær

Searching for life's white text in London
Pog has been brilliant under Ole, and contrary to some of the views on here I think he has shown the other side [dicipline, team work etc] whilst having to work a midfield with Tom and Perreira.

Should have given the pen to Lukaku to complete the hat trick but we won the game, won't hold it against him.

kundalini

What is his penalty conversion rate for the season? Missing one penalty doesn't make a player a bad taker
PL: scored 5 missed 3. CL: scored 1.

The expected goals value of a penalty is 0.76, so I imagine 76% of penalties are scored if you look at a huge sample size.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Poor game tonight. Hope he picks up after his two subdued performances because we absolutely need him.

Phil Osophy

He looks less adventurous lately. To me it looks like he's been told to play a more conservative game after the injuries and support the midfield more.

Also in attack he's used to find Lingard with his permanent movement in central zones, and Martial is someone who picks the ball at his feet and is class at 'pass and move'. Rashford is a natural striker and has a tendency to find the back of defenders off the ball, Lukaku doesn't have much creativity and Alexis is just a shadow. So we are lacking that platform to keep and move the ball and we are forced to play more direct.

Against Palace I saw Pogba angry all the game, with gestures and bad faces and for me reflects that he's not comfortable in the last weeks. Today Southampton had the ball in some phases of the game and we were relying on counter-attack, with fast transitions and direct balls to the space.

Probably a bit of rest will do well on Pogba but I think he's mainly missing his friends, two of them to cover midfield and allow him more freedom, and the other two to make the football more dynamic and fluid. He has to be patient, there's no more.

Redlyn

I love Sisqo Pogba (Sisqogba?) he’s had to sacrifice his performances in the last few games without Matic & Herrera in midfield.
Wish he scored the penalty, but he’ll get a rest midweek and come back fresh for the gunners - hopefully at least one of Matic or Herrera is back by then
Wishing badly for Herrera. He is the most missed imo. Scott can cover matic despite poor game today but no one comes close to herrera.

hungrywing

Top lad rom.
He really is. Of that there's no doubt.

I'll be the first to say I'm in the not-exactly-worth-the-money-is-he camp. But at the same time his mentality and attitude and most of all his actions - particularly his leaving Raiola - have been exemplary and have the potential to be extremely important to the squad.

That it's-not-about-the-money-honey statement - if that's what it was (and I believe it is, since it jibes with everything else he's done) says a lot about his character.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
Took one for the team today as he was needed in a deeper role to allow us to bring the ball out at all. Mctominay and Perreira really struggled to form any sort of platform for build up phase.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I normally find myself getting stick on this page from the fanboys but this evening I am baffled by the level of stick he is getting. Midfield was a struggle but Pogba did quite well I thought. Finished the game strongly, great run in the build up to the penalty and unlucky not to score.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Looking a bit jaded recently. Having to do a lot of heavy lifting with injuries has taken its toll a tad.

RedCurry

Honestly, other than his penalty, I don’t have too much criticism for him today. He had to play much deeper than he has recently under Ole. Moved around the pitch for the sake of tactics and did a decent job I thought.

caid

I thought that was one of his better performances despite the penalty miss tbh. Played 3 different midfield positions and was pretty good in all of them. Moved back to dm to give us a bit of control and did that. Moved forward towards the end to get us a goal and we got one, looking more dangerous than we had for a while in the match.

lawliet354

I thought Herrera has 100% penalty record with us? He always smashed the ball hard and high, without stupid run-up as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.