Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

el3mel

Oh no, Ole is a Jose lover :nervous:
It'll be absolutely ironic if Ole ended up playing him deep after people complaining he should always be upfront while Mourinho was in charge. Also will he sulk again if that ends up happening ?

Fun time coming ahead regarding Pogba till the summer.

Last edited:

Makelele

Why on earth is Pogba being played so wide? Put your best player in the middle of the park. I see the benefit of putting him wide but he becomes too marginal when United don’t dominate the ball.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
It'll absolutely ironic if Ole ended up playing him deep after people complaining he should always be upfront while Mourinho was in charge. Also will he sulk again if that ends up happening ?

Fun time coming ahead regarding Pogba till the summer.
Left of a midfeild 3
Left of a midfield 3
Left of a midfield 3

NoPace

Oh no, Ole is a Jose lover :nervous:
This is definitely a reflection on Matic being shocking, I think. Wouldn't be surprised to see Pogba-Herrera and more 4-2-3-1 to close out the season with Mata and Lingard switching up as the #10.

NoPace

He mostly just kept the ball today and to be fair he did win the ball a couple of times to help Ander and the defense. He did have that nice left footed ball to put Rashford away. But he's capable of a lot more than that.

Doucoure was the better version of him going forward today at least.
I'm considering a tattoo across my chest that says:

-------Pogba----------------Sancho
----------------Doucoure-----------
------------Herrera-----------------

Stacks

Maybe it's me but can't think of any other midfield player worth 150m in today's market playing in such an average team. Whether Ole was here at the start of the season or not, we would be where we currently are. You answered your own question cause compare that midfield to this one. How easy is it to produce 7/10 performances with Becks, Keane, Scholes or Giggs along you.
37 year old Giggs and 34 year old Scholes did the same with rubbish midfielders around them. Gerrard did it with worse at Pool. Kevin De Bruyne lifted his side in Germany and no one was near his quality. When you say average, please note we are in the quarters of the CL and currently 3rd in the EPL, a league with the most sides in knock out stages of Europe so how are we average?
It's more that Pogba is more Ozil than Gerrard

breakout67

Supports
Man City
This is definitely a reflection on Matic being shocking, I think. Wouldn't be surprised to see Pogba-Herrera and more 4-2-3-1 to close out the season with Mata and Lingard switching up as the #10.
I doubt that. If we move to a 4-2-3-1 it'll be Matic-Pogba. Herrera playing DM is only a long term option on this forum, Mourinho replaced Herrera after 1 season there, and we have used McTominay before Herrera in that position under Ole. Herrera is a makeshift DM and managers know it.

Kostov

Coutinho was worth what 105m? Neymar at 200m, a few seasons ago. We should be getting at least 175m for Pogba imo.
Nobody is paying 175m for Pogba.
37 year old Giggs and 34 year old Scholes did the same with rubbish midfielders around them. Gerrard did it with worse at Pool. Kevin De Bruyne lifted his side in Germany and no one was near his quality. When you say average, please note we are in the quarters of the CL and currently 3rd in the EPL, a league with the most sides in knock out stages of Europe so how are we average?
It's more that Pogba is more Ozil than Gerrard
4th.

Canagel

Following Manchester United since I was 4 years old. Never seen a player defended against the obvious, by some, as much in my life.

Not even Eric
Defended? All I'm seeing is fans having a field day here.

KennyBurner

I agree with you here.Whilst its harsh to a degree because there are days he does the CM role; there are more where we as a team feel like we could do with more in the centre.

I like Pogba - but he reminds me of Yaya Toure. On his day he can be untouchable but on other days you feel like he doesn't full click in with the rest of the team as midfielder.

Hopefully his 'prime' is doing just that.
This is probably the worst assessment I've ever seen of yaya toure. First off they are nothing alike. yaya was a dm who could dictate play while also having the ability to actual play higher up the pitch. Pogba can only play higher up the pitch or he is somewhat useless. Yaya toure was also always very consistent in his play.

My biggest concern is that Pogba doesn't seem to have the range when it comes to performing simple tasks as a CM. Does he have the abilities of a CM, most definitely but I highly doubt he wants to be one. Today there were countless times when he could keep it simple or dictate the ball more efficiently but he chose to be dribble which was unnecessary. If I was Ole I really don't know how to tell a player like Pogba to improve on his decision making. Like who the hell CONSISTENTLY tries to dribble their way out of trouble in their own half under pressure? He keeps making this same mistake and it doesn't seem like there is any adjustments to his game being made.

Andersonson

Pogbas inability to dicate or help the midfield controll a game baffles me.

What kind of players is he really? A number 10 in a 8 role? I cant figure out how to use him...

Aloysius's Back 3

This is probably the worst assessment I've ever seen of yaya toure. First off they are nothing alike. yaya was a dm who could dictate play while also having the ability to actual play higher up the pitch. Pogba can only play higher up the pitch or he is somewhat useless. Yaya toure was also always very consistent in his play.

My biggest concern is that Pogba doesn't seem to have the range when it comes to performing simple tasks as a CM. Does he have the abilities of a CM, most definitely but I highly doubt he wants to be one. Today there were countless times when he could keep it simple or dictate the ball more efficiently but he chose to be dribble which was unnecessary. If I was Ole I really don't know how to tell a player like Pogba to improve on his decision making. Like who the hell CONSISTENTLY tries to dribble their way out of trouble in their own half under pressure? He keeps making this same mistake and it doesn't seem like there is any adjustments to his game being made.
Oh sorry - I mean he reminds me of yaya toure when he stopped playing at CDM but was played more & more as an AM towards the later end of his career.

Jib

A performance like today in a Real shirt at their place and Madrid fans will boo his ass and call for his head.
So nothing new for him. Funny how some act like Pogba is protected here. He's by far the least appreciated player here given all the good things he has done since his comeback and the performances of the players around him especially Ander Herrera.

Lucky number 7

Sell him to Real Madrid, buy Coutinho, Neves plus another midfielder. Hes 26 and isn’t going to get anymore consistent. We’ve got rid of a lot better players in the past and survived.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I think Pogba needs his partnering midfield players to have a good game in order for him to have a really good game. Today he was poor but so were Matic and Herrera. It's hard to account for a player's own poor performance if the entire team or unit around him is also so poor on the day. Is it down to individual bothered-ness or is it down to the momentum of the game being against him? Maybe both. Sure he's accountable but he's shown for us he can get stuck in if need be (e.g. Liverpool game at OT I thought we saw a brilliant dogged side to him).

It's an off game today but we can say the same about most the XI. I think he's protected way more than other star players (e.g. Sanchez) but lets just cut him some slack and see how he does against Wolves, Barcelona etc. It's likely a slight dip in club form rather than a reversion to a prolonged anticlimatic Pogba I hope.

LJJT

Utter garbage today. If we build a team round him he needs to deal with getting Man marked like world class players deal with week in week out

Jib

Utter garbage today. If we build a team round him he needs to deal with getting Man marked like world class players deal with week in week out
We didn't built around him. But since Mourinho benched Pogba, now every time he starts a game under Ole, a lot of people think that the team is built around him. Weird.

But if he stays, maybe Ole will try to build the around him.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I think it'll be a good idea to play him deeper in the remaining games of the season. We need him on the ball deeper, and I believe his passing ability will be key in us getting control of games.

I also don't think he has a problem playing deeper, like he has shown for France. The problem he had was the shit on a stick type of football Mourinho had the team playing.

LJJT

We didn't built around him. But since Mourinho benched Pogba, now every time he starts a game under Ole, a lot of people think that the team is built around him. Weird.

But if he stays, maybe Ole will try to build the around him.
Well I did say IF we build a team around him. He was utter crap today. As was the whole midfield. He should be the one receiving the ball at all throw ins and playing deeper in my opinion

NoPace

I doubt that. If we move to a 4-2-3-1 it'll be Matic-Pogba. Herrera playing DM is only a long term option on this forum, Mourinho replaced Herrera after 1 season there, and we have used McTominay before Herrera in that position under Ole. Herrera is a makeshift DM and managers know it.
I genuinely can't believe he wouldn't have done a better as a 6 than Matic today, he isn't too small, his mobility would be genuinely useful there going sideline to sideline which Matic really struggles with and a lot of midfielders his age drop deeper for this part of their career. I'll die on Herrera as a 6 island.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
We actually need him centrally in a deeper role right now. Herrera and Matic don't have Pogba level vision or passing.

I think it's best we go 4-2-3-1 with either Lingard or Mata as the #10. And we should drop Matic or Herrera.

Makes alot of sense to me right now..

Stacks

A performance like today in a Real shirt at their place and Madrid fans will boo his ass and call for his head.
Would be in for a rude awakening at Real for sure. They jeered Zidane for his first 6 months, Modric, even Cristiano. Bale still gets stick now and he is 3 times CL winner including key winning goals in finals (literally).

ash_86

Zidane said pretty much the same thing. If he goes to real , I think he'll play deeper there too.

AndyJ1985

I actually think we'd be a stronger team if we were to sell him for £200m and then spend it on on a handful of great players. The problem is that'd require excellent scouting and some clever negotiations, neither of which I believe we're capable of. In fact I have zero confidence in us buying the right players. With that in mind I'd rather just keep hold of Pogba, even if he is shit half the time.

Eddy_JukeZ

I've always preferred him deeper personally.

That said, he was tumescent today. He's just such a frustrating player to watch at times.

Monkey bus

Saddens me to say it but I can count less than 10 games our ‘talisman’ has shown up in his entire United career and been the midfielder we thought we were getting. Don’t mean this in a down the pub type Redknapp or Souness waste of money way. Some on this forum reacting to Pogba constantly losing the ball and blaming Matic and Herrera’s shortcomings is ridiculous. Not based on today’s performance, but on nearly 3 seasons I’d love to maximise the selling price to a desperate Real Madrid crying out for a big name. Be good to bring in 1 or 2 replacements who’ll act as a conduit between our defence to feed our shit off a shovel attackers and not go spouting off to the press at every opportunity about dream moves elsewhere. Apart from that love the guy.

Adamsk7

Also I find it totally bizarre how at times he can throw on the afterburners and charge through midfield with the ball and nobody can get near him and yet if a player is even a yard ahead of him when he’s tracking back it’s like he’s running in quicksand. Don’t think I’ve ever seen him catch up with an opposing player with the ball and dispossess them.

Intilo

Sell him now while his value is still high , we can buy some replacement although less talented but more consistent and committed.

Let him enjoy getting booed by Madrid fans week in week out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.