g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Paul Pogba image 6

Paul Pogba France flag

2018-19 Performances

View full 2018-19 profile

5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Litch

Apart from a second half performance at the Eithad last season. What has Pogba actually done ?
150m for him is a no brainer !
That's it, I'm done. I need some time away from this place.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
This is Pogba for Juventus and France too. His game is inconsistent, but we are better with him in the team than out.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
“Paul is important to us,” explained Ole at his post-match press conference. “We couldn't keep the ball today and, as I've said it was probably 50-50 possession and, at home, we're a bit disappointed with that.

But Paul has been away and he's played two games for France. Of course, he's playing a bit deeper for them and that might be something we have to think about to get him more involved in the game, make him dictate games more for us.

“That's from game to game. As you can see, Paul can do both. He can attack and defend.”

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/ole-gunnar-solskjaer-hints-at-paul-pogba-positional-switch

Will We be seeing a less attacking version of Pogba? I hope not, He's brilliant on the left hand side. Shaw+Martial+him is a bit of overkill on the left but it's been working well.

jeff_goldblum

“Paul is important to us,” explained Ole at his post-match press conference. “We couldn't keep the ball today and, as I've said it was probably 50-50 possession and, at home, we're a bit disappointed with that.

But Paul has been away and he's played two games for France. Of course, he's playing a bit deeper for them and that might be something we have to think about to get him more involved in the game, make him dictate games more for us.

“That's from game to game. As you can see, Paul can do both. He can attack and defend.”

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/ole-gunnar-solskjaer-hints-at-paul-pogba-positional-switch

Will We be seeing a less attacking version of Pogba? I hope not, He's brilliant on the left hand side. Shaw+Martial+him is a bit of overkill on the left but it's been working well.
I think he means that, in games where we're not dominating possession, he wants Pogba to come deeper so he still gets the same amount of time on the ball as he would playing further up the pitch in a game we are dominating.

Seems common sense, as you want your best player on the ball as much as possible.

Web of Bissaka

Switch on, switch off, switch on, switch off... etc.

If he wants to be more freer in defensive responsibility and focusing more on attack, then he should first be that consistent in attack, consistently producing the good.

Thing is, he just don't -- too inconsistent even in his favored attacking roles, and what's up with him losing easy possession in the 2nd half and inconsistent defending (idk what the prob whether it is his focus or he just don't want to do the boring stuffs in football, his defending is really that good prev run of games) and yet managers (not just Ole, with France, and even prev manager) still insist on letting him stay on field usually because of what he can bring to the team.

Make it so the manager had to let him be more on the offense, he's not helping his case. Expecting to be spoon feed? Managers and teammates should cater to him? Given on a plate, not earned? Doesn't work that way.

Anyhow he tried, so hopefully he can do better.

Raven

Apart from a second half performance at the Eithad last season. What has Pogba actually done ?
150m for him is a no brainer !
Others have said it already, but feck me! Try watching our games. You're making yourself sound like a fool.

Swiss_Red89

We need Pogba at his absolute best if we want to knock out Barca. And that includes him putting 100% effort in, dictating our play and deliver the creativity in the final third.

He was disappointing the last few weeks/games. I really hope he can get back to the form he showed from dezember to end of february.

el3mel

Please Madrid come and get him.

Absolutely sick of him and his antics. Feck off please.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Pogba is playing like someone who sees his future elsewhere. The second the Madrid speculation started his performances dropped off, just like when he was linked to Barcelona early doors.

We've only ever been a pit stop for Pogba haven't we? Trick me once...

Lukeinchina

Straight down the tunnel at the whistle, not arsed.

The contrast between his attitude and McTominay's today was apparent. Get 200+ million for him and De Gea and I'll drive them to Madrid.

Paul_Scholes18

Very poor today. Had a few good moves, but also destroyed a lot of other moves with poor passing. Don't move enough without the ball to get into good areas too.

AngliaRed

He’s such a likeable lad when playing well and banging in the goals and assists. When he’s losing the ball and pissing about with it, its even easier to be fecked off with his general attitude and circus that comes with him.

I hope he starts to up his game.

Gomes

Yell about Matic, Young or Smalling all you want. He has been the worst player for 4 matches in a row.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Serious questions about whether he has the right mentality or not. Don’t care if he is a World Cup winner. He’s appalling far too often.

Eli Zee

Too pooor offensively to do so little defensively... too many times I watch him lackadaisically jog back while players that are further ahead of him are urgently running back to help the defense.

reddevil702

What are the excuses today? Played him up top and didn’t have any defensive responsibility.

Rossa

Please, take your Rolls Royce and drive to Madrid. I am starting to seriously dislike him. You never know which Pogba you are getting. No effort, spends an eternity on the ball, loses it far too often then casually jogs back.

Mr PG

It's Ole's fault not resting him really. Lost my head when they subbed Fred instead of Pogba.

kps88

No manager or midfield partners to hide behind now. He's gone missing at the most crucial point in our season.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Obviously needs a high performing team around him to function, and given we're not likely going to be that a a couple years he's pointless to have.

If Madrid come in with anywhere near £150mil we should bite their hands off.

AJ10

Pathetic performance second game in a row. Not even trying, he can F off.

Pathetic.

AgentP

Another terrible performance. It's been a month since he played well. The inconsistency is ridiculous. The worst thing is he didn't look arsed at all. If he can't up his game when his team needs him the most, then why even bother.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
It's Ole's fault not resting him really. Lost my head when they subbed Fred instead of Pogba.
This. Fred was actually doing well bar the mistake. Controlling things and looking to pass forward.

Pogba was awful tonight as he was on saturday.

I dont think he has the resolve to do it fifty games a seasons. He does it some matches and then disappears.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
He's going to leave and at this stage it doesn't really matter.

We are going to finish 6th and we are capable of competing at that also ran level without him.

Status
Not open for further replies.