g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Paul Pogba image 6

Paul Pogba France flag

2018-19 Performances

View full 2018-19 profile

5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
If you can't control then you have no control over your impact on the game as well, and you get frustrated as you don't receive the ball in right areas.
That's nonsense. Not every midfielder is a controlling midfielder. There are midfielders with different roles.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Our midfield is fecked. We can't be selling Pogba this summer, we can't really afford to. We will just have to figure out a way to get consistent performances out of him and tie him down with another contract at whatever cost.
I dont agree. Look at liverpools MF. It is work horses. Milner is in there because he works his arse off every match. Pogba has more talent than Milner but Milner works harder.

The wolves mf tonight just worked harder than Pogba. It does not matter how much talent you have. If you dont work as hard as the player opposing you, you come off second best.

King Eric 7

Don't agree with this at all, especially after the garbage he's served up recently. He's a huge part of why this midfield isn't working at the moment, just like he's a huge part when it does work, he's still far too hot and cold.
Yes, he's very inconsistent, but the timing is not right for us to sell him. We're already losing Herrera, Matic and Fred aren't going to be good enough to see us challenging and I don't think we can just reconstruct our midfield in one transfer window.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

Didn't even do that even when he was downing the tools under fecking Mourinho.
The crazy thing is that it's easy to see when he tries things and they don't work as opposed to when he seems like he doesn't give a shit. No one would mind if he showed a bit more passion and fight.

Patrick08

That's nonsense. Not every midfielder is a controlling midfielder. There are midfielders with different roles.
If that's nonsense, then you can really see his performances since Psg game and specially in psg game when he got frustrated and made 2 fouls.

Going to recive proper football schooling against Barcelona.

Rossa

Our midfield is fecked. We can't be selling Pogba this summer, we can't really afford to. We will just have to figure out a way to get consistent performances out of him and tie him down with another contract at whatever cost.
Are you kidding? More figuring out to do after giving him 400k a week? Sell the lump. I'm done thinking how to best fit him into the team. He has to play a very specific position, which lopsided the team, and even then you have no idea how he will perform.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Pogba has talent. He just lacks work ethic. When the chips are down, you cannot depend on him.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
He’s reverting to type again. Sub-par for large periods under Jose, same again the last month or so.

He can do one. McTominay showed heart tonight, Pog dallied on the ball and was far too casual in general play.

roonster09

Scout
I'd that's nonsense, then you can really see his performances since Psg game.
That has nothing to do with midfield role. He is in poor form and downright pathetic effort, which doesn't mean he should be judged on his ability to control games. What exactly is the role of other 2 midfielders we play? Just to make up numbers?

It's a team game, Ole himself said he is playing Pogba higher up the pitch. His performance is shit as his impact on the game his non existent, by performance I don't mean Jorginho type playing sideways passes, he is not creating chances like he used to.

NinjaFletch

Well let's put it this way, I have never been less bothered about the prospect of losing our best player.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
He is unplayable for a stretch of games, then completely average for a stretch of games. It has nothing to do with having an off day, he has an off month. Its very worrying when McTominay looks like a world beater compared to him tonight.

Welbeckham

Our football today wasn't bad before the red card. The finishing was terrible. Pogba was just useless.
It wasn’t good either. After their equalizer we never had enough movement and Wolves were the better team. Apart from McTominay, all our offensive players had a bad game.

Ban

He's glad Ole is a manager but maybe he thought he could stroll through games cause of that.

roonster09

Scout
The crazy thing is that it's easy to see when he tries things and they don't work as opposed to when he seems like he doesn't give a shit. No one would mind if he showed a bit more passion and fight.
Yeah, he was non existent for whole 90 mins and looked miles off pace. Effort was lacking, it was very poor performance. He didn't even try to create which was the most surprising part. He just over hit every pass and looks so uninterested.

Rossa

It wasn’t good either. After their equalizer we never had enough movement and Wolves were the better team. Apart from McTominay, all our offensive players had a bad game.
Lukaku should have had two, McTominay a second and Lingard one. All of them were sitters. That's terrible finishing. We created three sitters in the first 20 minutes, and it took a long shot, which their goalie should have saved, for us to score. Our play wasn't bad,, but we need to score goals.

Patrick08

That has nothing to do with midfield role. He is in poor form and downright pathetic effort, which doesn't mean he should be judged on his ability to control games. What exactly is the role of other 2 midfielders we play? Just to make up numbers?

It's a team game, Ole himself said he is playing Pogba higher up the pitch. His performance is shit as his impact on the game his non existent, by performance I don't mean Jorginho type playing sideways passes, he is not creating chances like he used to.
Paul pogba's is dependent on others to get himself going. It has everything to do with your own inability to become the midfield general on whom team is dependent upon.

If the team is in trouble you won't expect him to bail you out.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
He was very poor tonight. It's unfair to expect goals and assists in every game but when he doesn't look like he's even trying to get the basics right he makes a horrendous liability of himself.

If he stays next season and we give him the platform (new signings) to perform and he still puts in sh*te like this then,well,that will say it all about his mentality and his attitude towards the club.
The fans have been very patient with him,especially after the Jose kerfuffle.

-Supreme-

I have my doubts as to whether he can do it 50 games a season. I am thinking with next year in mind.

I would not be surprized if he goes out and has a stomer against Barca next week. But then the week after he will be shit.
Exactly my thoughts too.

It just proves that it had nothing to do with Jose, perhaps he's just not at the level we all thought he can become?

roonster09

Scout
Paul pogba's is dependent on others to get himself going. It has everything to do with your own inability to become the midfield general on whom team is dependent upon.
Unless the player is Messi, everyone depend on their team. Doesn't matter which player, they always will except Messi.

Not every midfielder should be midfield general. What a pointless posts. There are different type of midfielders, that's why it's a team game.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
His problem is that he doesn't look like he's trying, he's not involving himself in the matches recently.

Heinzesight

What annoys me is him not stepping up when the chips are down. To lack effort playing for United is inexcusable. Sulking. Little strops all game. Jogging back when he’s just given it away (again) in a dangerous area.

You can see from the first 5 minutes (like Martial) exactly what type of game he’s going to have. There seems to be no peaks or troughs in a 90 minutes with him. He’s either average as feck (most games) or very good. I just can’t stand his attitude and hope he leaves in the summer.

clarkydaz

the custom left foot fanny shot outside the box in the dying seconds really summed him up for me tonight

beer&grill

I have never understood why people want him as captain. His body language says it all really.

Also, I don't think a team could ever be built around Pogba, as Ole suggested. In my opinion, he plays best in an already well functioning team, being one of the key players, instead of being the no 1. And at this rate, I'd rather have a well balanced team without him, instead of the "oh, we can't sign or play X in this position because he would be playing too close to Pogba" or "we can't play this and other 10 formations because we won't get the best out of Pogba".

Patrick08

Unless the player is Messi, everyone depend on their team. Doesn't matter which player, they always will except Messi.

Not every midfielder should be midfield general. What a pointless posts. There are different type of midfielders, that's why it's a team game.
If you are not a midfield general then you better produce every game and not hide for months. What's the point of building a team around him when he is not the most important midfielder in the side.

Ludens the Red

Worse yet is that he's driving his sale value down. Maybe another tactic by that knob con artist, Raiola.
Nah, it’s not as if Real will be watching these games. Pogbas stock is high enough, poor performances for us won’t resanate with Real.
If we can get a 150 million plus bid, I’d take it without a thought.

roonster09

Scout
If you are not a midfield general then you better produce every game and not hide for months. What's the point of building a team around him when he is not the most important midfielder in the side.
Not even sure what your point is anymore.

Ekeke

Needs hard workers in midfield to build a platform for him to play from. Otherwise he's just on the fringes like tonight

Patrick08

Not even sure what your point is anymore.
The point is, you are clueless in midfeild basics and pretty overhyped going forward and not that good in the first place, why then you deserve all the freedom you want and not focus on the basics first which is more crucial than what you can offer or try to offer going forward. What kind of player you are then?

Walters_19_MuFc

It's worrying that, since he's been average, we've been average and have struggled to win games like we were when Ole first came.

People saying get rid, but we really can't afford to. On a bad day such as today, he can still come up with something.

roonster09

Scout
The point is, you are clueless in midfeild basics and pretty overhyped going forward and not that good in the first place, why then you deserve all the freedom you want and not focus on the basics first which is more crucial than what you can offer or try to offer going forward. What kind of player you are then?
You are just repeating the same thing over and over again. I have said it many times and I'm not going to repeat them again.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
Even at Juve though you could tell he's best as part of a collective rather than being a guy who can do it all himself. He's so gifted you sometimes feel he should be but alas.

Intilo

Do anyone here think Pep Guardiola would tolerate such inconsistency, effort and careless attitude from Pogba?

Jose didn't either and he was sacked because of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.