Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludens the Red

There is no doubting Pogbas talent, however is slow languid style of play is fast becoming a relic of a by gone era.

The style of play in the Italian league suited him perfectly.He looked miles of the pace in both Barca games.

Regardless of whatever talent he has he is not a player to build a team around.
Yup, he reminds me a lot of how Veron was during his time here.

crossy1686

career ending
It would be a massive blow to lose him, not only the player but the message it would send.

If you are forced to sell your best player because he wants out of your crap we will look even less attractive to top talents. It would mean we have given up, we should not lose him under any circumstance.
That's no way to run a football team.

If someone is undermining you, causing problems, poisoning the well, you cut them loose asap regardless of how talented they are, they will cost you your job because they're only interested in what's best for them. I've seen incredibly talented people get fired due to their behaviour negatively influencing others, you can't keep them around if they're toxic.

I'm not saying Pogba is those things but I've heard pundits say they've heard from very reliable sources that Pogba was an absolute cock to Jose and was an absolute cock after he got the sack as well. If he thinks he's the best player we have and he can do whatever he wants then he has to go.

We're Manchester United and no player is a must keep under any circumstance.

SAFMUTD

If someone is undermining you, causing problems, poisoning the well, you cut them loose asap regardless of how talented they are, they will cost you your job because they're only interested in what's best for them. I've seen incredibly talented people get fired due to their behaviour negatively influencing others, you can't keep them around if they're toxic.

I'm not saying Pogba is those things but I've heard pundits say they've heard from very reliable sources that Pogba was an absolute cock to Jose and was an absolute cock after he got the sack as well. If he thinks he's the best player we have and he can do whatever he wants then he has to go.

If all that is true then WE sell him, it’s different to sell him than letting him leave. I don’t know if I explain myself properly.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I’m convinced so long as we don’t win people just pop in and post pre-prepared attacks on Pogba. He was playing plenty of incisive passes all day today, also took it upon himself to provide a bigger goal threat than the strikers, hitting the post twice, and it was clear to me that his teammates were just giving the ball to him and sitting back waiting for him to do something.

Whatever the bar is for Pogba, I think it’s set unrealistically and unfairly high. If indeed he thinks he is better than this team, I suspect suitors at many a better side than us would agree. Nobody is on his wavelength, making the most of his passing and linking etc.

crossy1686

career ending
If all that is true then WE sell him, it’s different to sell him than letting him leave. I don’t know if I explain myself properly.
Well if he's stamping his feet and wants to leave then it confirms that he's a petty bell end. I will almost guarantee right now he'll be thinking 'World Cup winners don't play in the Europa League' and that will be echoed by his fat cnut agent.

Juventus were relegated to the first division and kept most of their players. He'll jump ship the first chance he gets. He's absolutely saleable due to his attitude. Put it this way, I bet we don't fight to keep him.

clarkydaz

Only a few weeks back Ole was saying he would build a team around him, then a week later not sure if he will be here next season. That already made the manager look weak in my opinion. I think player and club are a bad fit for each other

izzydiggler

He’s a good player but over the 3 years he’s been here, he’s played nowhere near what his transfer fee and hype would suggest...I’d say he’s been hugely underwhelming for the most part. I’m not even sure where you play him - doesn’t control games, too ill-disciplined to play holding CM and as part of an attacking 3, he’s nowhere near as good as, say De Bruyne and Salah. Was OK today but if you’re talking about an alleged ‘World Class’ player against a Huddersfield team that is one of the worst PL teams ever, you’d hope they would stand out more...we do have a lot of poor players in terms of challenging the best but it’s still a team 6th in the PL..People make out like he’s playing with pub players...again, even at semi-pro level, good players stand out amongst dross. Pogba doesn’t...well at least not like a world class player should.

Maybe he will go to Madrid and be brilliant but here, if it requires surrounding him with great players (which isn’t going to happen) to get anything close to resembling a consistently good level and if he doesn’t want to be here, then it’s surely best for all parties that he leaves. If we reinvest money in the squad and get 3 good players with the money we recoup (obviously reliant on good decisions, which is not a given), we’d be better off than what we get out of him now.

crossy1686

career ending
Only a few weeks back Ole was saying he would build a team around him, then a week later not sure if he will be here next season. That already made the manager look weak in my opinion. I think player and club are a bad fit for each other
I can't remember the context of the question that was asked but maybe it would have been difficult for him to say "No, I'd never build a team around Paul". I agree with that though, I don't believe Pogba has the right attitude to be at United at this point. I also think he's only here because we're paying him a lot to be here.

asp

I’m convinced so long as we don’t win people just pop in and post pre-prepared attacks on Pogba. He was playing plenty of incisive passes all day today, also took it upon himself to provide a bigger goal threat than the strikers, hitting the post twice, and it was clear to me that his teammates were just giving the ball to him and sitting back waiting for him to do something.

Whatever the bar is for Pogba, I think it’s set unrealistically and unfairly high. If indeed he thinks he is better than this team, I suspect suitors at many a better side than us would agree. Nobody is on his wavelength, making the most of his passing and linking etc.
I agree on everything in this post.

Even when he puts his ass out and keeps the ball a little too long, he still creates space for our players to run in - but they have to actually take advantage of this space and help him out. Pogba is by far our best outfield player. The last thing we should want is to sell him, but I can understand why he would want to leave, given the dross he has to play with.

Dve

Has anyone got individual running stats, so that this drivel can be quashed? The fella was on his bike all game long, and usually is, I'm sick of these agenda posts
Yes, there are such stats. The 9 players topping the list for United are all midfielders (if Lingaard can be included). Pogda is nr. 9 on the list, which means United have 8 midfielders running more than Pogba.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...news/man-utd-running-stats-solskjaer-16205233

I don´t say he was horrible yesterday, though inconsistent. When he plays the ball fast forward, and when he tracks back, he´s world class. When he bothers. You have to ask yourself if this is the leader you want at United. The strongest voice in the dressing room, the example at training ground. I´m not convinced.

Raven

Yes, there are such stats. The 9 players topping the list for United are all midfielders (if Lingaard can be included). Pogda is nr. 9 on the list, which means United have 8 midfielders running more than Pogba.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...news/man-utd-running-stats-solskjaer-16205233

I don´t say he was horrible yesterday, though inconsistent. When he plays the ball fast forward, and when he tracks back, he´s world class. When he bothers. You have to ask yourself if this is the leader you want at United. The strongest voice in the dressing room, the example at training ground. I´m not convinced.
And what about the match yesterday?

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
It'd be shocking if we let him go. The man got Ole this job and now we're seemingly willing to just let our best player leave. This man carried our sorry arses this season.

Ashley R1+O

He was actually better than he's been in the last month or so. He wasn't just plain crap like he had been in the last few months. It is pretty clear that he'll never dominate this league though. There are far to many strong and fast midfielders who might not have the skill and technical ability but they have the determination to best him. I don't think he'll ever show he can cope with that, it has been a constant throughout his time here.

I have to say I find the people saying that "he deserves better than United" can get to absolute feck and you are complete and utter weirdo's if you think this. It's embarrassing and you should have a word with yourselves. You are implicated in the demise of this club if you think this way. I don't think I've seen anything quite as pathetic as this in all my time supporting this football club.

Crashoutcassius

He was absolutely muck yesterday bar one 10 second slot where he passed the ball and then got there for the header. Other than that he hit the bar when he should have scored gave the ball away 50x and walked around the pitch. Pogba and Sanchez are the best paid players in the history of the league and should be held accountable when they can't put in one good performance over 10+ games - sanchez is, why is it wrong to do the same for pogba?

Raven

Havn´t seen any stats from yesterday, which was not his worst match btw, but still quite sloppy with his passing.
He did miss a couple passes, you're right, but I also saw him running all game. I seem to remember specifically him chasing back with Young around the 90th minute to kill a counter attack.

I really think that people need to look at what role players are given within the team, I think it's pretty clear that he works for the team, but his energy is required higher up the pitch. He's not a DM, he's out creator, we play a 433 with him as the most attacking, but as evidenced yesterday, and every other game (as far as I'm concerned) he will cover if he has to.

mancan92

he looked absolutely muck today and the same in 15+ games this season. Can't make a simple pass, can't affect the game in the least, showing no intelligence or fight. No doubting his talent but like liverpool were better without coutinho he is going to be a blocker to us ever getting any better if we insist on keeping him and he rolls out 3 more seasons of half arsed performances.
This is why pogba can never win with some people the guy hit the post twice and created a clear cut chance what else do you expect from a creative midfielder

Keefy18

He was not in the game people. He is a very talented player but he did not show up. Sparks of form is not what you expect from a midfielder. Did Keane or Robson just hit the post or we're they present for the 90 minutes? I suggest to every single Pogba fan boy to read Fergunsons chapter about the guy. Just really sums him up. And this is my last comment about the twat.
You mean the paragraph in his book where he and the club done everything they could to keep him at United? But Fergie fell out with his agent, Raiola.

Some reading back atcha, https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...pogba-manchester-united-defence-a8890911.html

Pogba isn't Keane and Keane isn't Pogba either. Pogba isn't an all rounder, nor are the vast majority of the players supporters like you name drop to replace him and then expect them to be perfect all rounders.

Keefy18

Wouldn’t bat an eyelid if he goes in the summer. This club is toxic and he is a big part of that with his stinking attitude and lack of quality for most games. You have to prove your price tag and he hasn’t done that.
Do you know him? What would you personally know of his attitude?

List me all the managers or players who have said this of him? It's an extremely short list isn't it? You know who I'm talking about.

Every other manager or coach who has been around him as a pro praises him and you hear a single word from a single poisonous coach like Jose and you fall for it.

From McClair, Ferguson, Conte, Allegri and Deschamps and now Ole...none have said they've had issues with him, just the toxic coach who was failing spectacularly and in a lame, pathetic attempt to save face label Pogba something that quite clearly seems to be absolutely untrue.

Crashoutcassius

This is why pogba can never win with some people the guy hit the post twice and created a clear cut chance what else do you expect from a creative midfielder
Would we create more if we had 11 committee players working hard like Liverpool? Liverpool usually create more than 1 chance per game. Pogba had 10 good seconds for the pass and the header... probably should have scored when he hit the bar but not hitting the target for top 3 best paid players in the history of the prem.. and you come in and say it is great that he missed the target there

mancan92

Would we create more if we had 11 committee players working hard like Liverpool? Liverpool usually create more than 1 chance per game. Pogba had 10 good seconds for the pass and the header... probably should have scored when he hit the bar but not hitting the target for top 3 best paid players in the history of the prem.. and you come in and say it is great that he missed the target there
what are you on about. If we had 9 other outfield players who could create like pogba we would score a way more than a team of James milners so what’s your point ?

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Sell him and use the funds to get players that care in to the team.

We can't afford luxury players.

Toad

Do you know him? What would you personally know of his attitude?

List me all the managers or players who have said this of him? It's an extremely short list isn't it? You know who I'm talking about.

Every other manager or coach who has been around him as a pro praises him and you hear a single word from a single poisonous coach like Jose and you fall for it.

From McClair, Ferguson, Conte, Allegri and Deschamps and now Ole...none have said they've had issues with him, just the toxic coach who was failing spectacularly and in a lame, pathetic attempt to save face label Pogba something that quite clearly seems to be absolutely untrue.
feck me :lol: It’s clear to see that his attitude is shit. He is consistently on and off, he walks around the fecking pitch like a sulking brat and when something doesn’t go his way he has a paddy in the pitch and throws his arms up in the air. Attitude stink.

Dve

The situation I was talking about was at the end of the game when he passed the ball forward but did not run into attack himself. I yelled at my screen. Tired, alright, so i will won´t emphasize it too heavily.

I´m not saying he shouldn´t start for United, of course he should, and I think everyone agrees he´s world class on his day. I know when things are on a down, all kind of stories pop up in the press, but if only one of the reports are correct, Pogba is a problem.

Last edited:

Keefy18

feck me :lol: It’s clear to see that his attitude is shit. He is consistently on and off, he walks around the fecking pitch like a sulking brat and when something doesn’t go his way he has a paddy in the pitch and throws his arms up in the air. Attitude stink.
He's frustrated with the never ending supply of crap around him, don't blame him.

I'd be pretty frustrated pinging balls to Lukaku who's 2nd touch is more often then not a tackle. A headless chicken in Lingard offering nothing. Rashford who couldn't finish his dinner. Sanchez just falling around the place and getting injured after 10 mins of football and Martial hid somewhere over on the left touchline hugging it for dear life.

I mean, feck .... he's completed more crosses than Lingard who's job it is it cross! He has half as many as Lingard & Martial combined!

Yeah, all Pogba's fault...along with the holocaust, global warming and the ebola virus.

lsd

The Oracle
You can see the difference when he had a proper striker like Zlaton in front of him . A player like Pogba needs a world class forward to play the into . Someone he knows will make the best runs and be expecting the right pass .

He certainly doesn't have that with Rashfor and Lukaku

RuudTom83

Pogba is the only ‘big name’ player the newspapers can use to sell their endless drivel.

I wonder when he’s gone who will take on this mantel...Martial can’t fill the back pages, and Rashford is except from any criticism.

Silas

I highly doubt he wants to be here. Start the 'rebuild' with him and get rid next summer. Price can be negotiated in the meantime.

Our best player? Not for me. Most talented? Sure !
Who's our best outfield player then?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
For me, Shaw and Lindelov have been our most consistent and probably best players. Pogba had a great run after Soskjaer but he’s shown he cant be relied on.
Shaw? For me some players don't get as much heat when they are poor. Shaw has not been better than Pogba this season, Pogba was our best player before Jose was sacked this season.

That doens't mean I don't think Pogba hasn't been inconsistent and bloody infuriating but in no way has Shaw been better

Silas

For me, Shaw and Lindelov have been our most consistent and probably best players. Pogba had a great run after Soskjaer but he’s shown he cant be relied on.
Shaw and Lindelöf in a defence that's conceded 52 goals... Right.

kopviolator

Shaw? For me some players don't get as much heat when they are poor. Shaw has not been better than Pogba this season, Pogba was our best player before Jose was sacked this season.

That doens't mean I don't think Pogba hasn't been inconsistent and bloody infuriating but in no way has Shaw been better
What can I say. There aren’t many candidates.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

Shaw has had a few absolute shockers but Pogba was absolute rubbish in first half of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.