Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stadjer

People are still defending that twat? No he did not try he was very bad and its obvious his mind is elsewhere
:houllier: he was literally running until the last second but sure.. he doesnt care, he doesnt play for the jersey and should be sold eventhough he is miles better than any of the garbage he has to play with.

youmeletsfly

He was not a mixed bag at all, unless he’s supposed to never cede possession or something.

He played very well, and our only plan was clearly to give it to him and hope.
This, he;s the only player that can create something. He didn't have the greatest game, but it's sad to see everyone looking for him, passing him the ball and waiting around for something to magically happen.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Oh give over. That's delusional stuff.
Whatever it is you think Pogba should be doesn’t exist then. He was clearly levels above everyone else. If we had a couple of similar quality we might have been on to something.

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
He was ok today. Don't think he will be here next season without champions league football.

RedIan

He’s a great player but I do worry he has to much negative influence on the team.. for that reason I’d sell him for a huge fee and replace with a new playmaker.

norm87cro

He was not in the game people. He is a very talented player but he did not show up. Sparks of form is not what you expect from a midfielder. Did Keane or Robson just hit the post or we're they present for the 90 minutes? I suggest to every single Pogba fan boy to read Fergunsons chapter about the guy. Just really sums him up. And this is my last comment about the twat.

Canagel

I'm certain these is his last games in the club. It's great pity we didn't take full advantage of his qualities.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Our best player, which says a lot and nothing at the same time.

Its a dead marriage now. We will never get the best out of him as long as he wants out. You can see it from his perspective, he wants to win and United is not set up for that.

Alejandro Angel

Best player on the field today. Deserves better than this club
I have to disagree, he is more than capable of being the best player. But he did not deserve better he needed to set the example and that just doesn't happen. He time and again left Shaw and Jones exposed and jogs back to the edge of the area. I think he could be a great player but is a luxury that we cannot afford. I want the best players at Utd but the best players do not make the best teams. A team when we relied on great players was not always the best team, United have had some great players who have effected the dynamic leading to predictable slow football.
Pogba often slows the game down when more urgency is required he showboats at times when we need the ball in the box.

Verminator

He'd be immense in a good team, but he isn't a driving force. That's ok. Some players are, some capitalise on what's around them.
We are not big enough for Pogba to thrive.

I hope I don't come off as a player-fan, over a club-fan, I most definitely am not, but he needs to leave this mess of a club, to have the career his talent deserves.

The club needs a voluntary RESET, before we sleepwalk into a relegation battle.
Yes. I've been around since the Doc's time here.

United Junkie

He was the best on the pitch today but still we cant stick with him. We have been through this before with Rooney. We need to see the back of him asap. And it be the best thing for him also.

Bobski

We have a lazy, petulant, self indulgent set of players. Pogba is the de-facto leader and his carefree style, with moments of quality interspersed with long periods of low intensity, ill focused meandering fits in too well.

Wonderful talent but not the leader we need, and I doubt without selling him we can fund the summer of transfers we need, so move him on, right player at the wrong time.

Jib

He deserves a better team. Honestly I hope that he leaves for his own good

Sylar

Unless we buy top quality to go with him, we can't have him

I reckon he's somebody who adds that extra to a good team but not one to carry a crap team

Had no real issues today in terms of him looking likely to be involved with us scoring and he was still chasing back last minute

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
We have a lazy, petulant, self indulgent set of players. Pogba is the de-facto leader and his carefree style, with moments of quality interspersed with long periods of low intensity, ill focused meandering fits in too well.

Wonderful talent but not the leader we need, and I doubt without selling him we can fund the summer of transfers we need, so move him on, right player at the wrong time.
We don't need a leader, this concept of football belongs with SAF, we need a set of competent and confident footballers. Pogba was never a leader so expect him to be one at United is just wrong. He can display certain qualities of it but he just ain't on a long term basis.

He’s a great player but I do worry he has to much negative influence on the team.. for that reason I’d sell him for a huge fee and replace with a new playmaker.
How could he have a negative influence on the team? I mean seriously, he's the only footballer we have who looks to create something.

We can sell him of course but that won't change the fundamental issues of our team. We have massive massive issues that have little to do with him.

In Rainbows

How anyone can say he didn't put in the effort is just a flat out hater. And I hate using that word. Out of all of our midfielders he made the most runs forward, was involved in numerous good chances where lack of quality failed us, and actually did put in effort to track back. He did get tackled while making a run and did do some bad pass which everyone gave him crap for. I guess that means he was bad though.

LJJT

He’s our best player by a mile, just a shame he only plays for about 15 mins a game. Not sure if he’s lazy or just thinks the rest of the team are utter crap and he wants out. He will stay at United cos the monies too good

kouroux

He'd be immense in a good team, but he isn't a driving force. That's ok. Some players are, some capitalise on what's around them.
We are not big enough for Pogba to thrive.

I hope I don't come off as a player-fan, over a club-fan, I most definitely am not, but he needs to leave this mess of a club, to have the career his talent deserves.

The club needs a voluntary RESET, before we sleepwalk into a relegation battle.
Yes. I've been around since the Doc's time here.
100% spot on. You have hit the nail with this part in bold and yet somehow you see many deluded fans of ours still blame him for not being what he has never been cut out to be. It's just impossible to give a fair assessment of him in those conditions

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
One top attacker and Pogba looks totally different, some of the long passes that he did today would have led to great opportunities if the likes of Salah, Sterling or Song were at the end of them. In this team, you put a teammate in a good position and he cancels it with one touch, one back pass or a dribble toward our goals.

starman

I would not stand in his way if we get a big offer for him this summer.
He will never shine in a team that does not have the best players around him, he's just not that sort of player.
If he goes to Real or Barca he will look incredible and we will be moaning about what a big mistake it was letting him leave. Fact is, we cant have such a luxury player when the rest of the team play in the same nonchalant manner

Toad

Wouldn’t bat an eyelid if he goes in the summer. This club is toxic and he is a big part of that with his stinking attitude and lack of quality for most games. You have to prove your price tag and he hasn’t done that.

kouroux

One top attacker and Pogba looks totally different, some of the long passes that he did today would have led to great opportunities if the likes of Salah, Sterling or Song were at the end of them. In this team, you put a teammate in a good position and he cancels it with one touch, one back pass or a dribble toward our goals.
It all starts with that, which leads to the back pass and running towards the wrong direction. Technically speaking our players are in general very poor.

SteveW

He tried hard and hit the bar twice. I feel for him.

He'll move to a CL team this summer :(

IhabX7

Best player on the pitch. The witch hunt is crazy at the moment, but understandable since we are complete dogshit at the moment.

Keep him at all cost this summer and get some quality players up front.

El-Manos

Pogba will play well when everyone else plays well. But he won’t be that special player to lead the team when we require leadership. Zidane can keep tapping him up for all I care. Set a price and move on.

dogwithabone

I’m not his biggest fan but agree that today he was the best we had. Gary Neville summed it up perfectly - we play in fits and starts, 15 good minutes, 10 indifferent minutes and 15 appalling minutes and Pogba is a better example of this than any other player we have.

I'd be surprised if he's here next season.
His second spell here hasn't worked out at all.I think he and the fans were sold a dream that clearly hasn't came to fruition.
Pogba expected to compete for the top honours around great players and we fans expected a player that has unfortunately not lived up to the hype and dominant influential figure we all initially hoped for.

Basically a load of ol'sh*te.

Web of Bissaka

No sarcasm here, I'm proud of Pogba today, bar the first 20+ mins where he's taking it too easy.

He fought hard until the last minutes and keep his discipline and emotions in check. We don't need unnecessary red card from him today and he didn't tried making stupid fouls. He gave it all until the final whistle. 3 scoring chances I think, 2 shots hit the post. Made many attacking passes, and drop back to receive well and a lot of cross field switch passes.

It's too difficult playing with this team whose most of the 11 are dross the manager bizarrely picked for no good reasons.
Chong, McTominay, Mata and late Dalot helped him a lot offering fair movements and runnings into the box and runnings to the wings. The rest decided to pissing on his passes.

Lukeinchina

The logic used to defend him seems to be:

a) He's an excellent player in a very poor team.
b) If he had better teammates, in a set up specifically designed to let him shine, he'd be awesome.

I'm a chef. If I go round my Dad's house and he asks for egg and chips, I make him egg and chips. That's what is needed and what fecker (except Dad) can't make egg and chips?

The Pogba equivalent is to juggle the eggs until I drop them, throw my hands up and complain frozen chips are rubbish, and then flutter my eyelashes towards the Tapas restaurant in town.

My Dad is left hungry, and my mum keeps showing him YouTube videos of the Coq au Vin I made last summer.

There's nothing inherent in his game that stops him from tracking back, laying it off quickly under pressure, and getting up immediately after being tackled instead of a 5 second flounce when he feels he should have a freekick. Wasteman.

MUfreak

Unbelievable that people slate this guy. Jesus. He is the only one that has any sort of attacking brain in this team.

Yes he makes mistake, because its all on him to try and create something and he is not particularly fast so oppo players can read him easily which is bad, but most of the times he sets us on our way, if not for our poor attackers. Put this guy in a team of quality players and watch him walk games easily.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Scapegoat, likely be sacrificed this summer and we'll be crying about how our midfield lacks creativity in 12 months

In Rainbows

b) If he had better teammates, in a set up specifically designed to let him shine, he'd be awesome.

I'm a chef. If I go round my Dad's house and he asks for egg and chips, I make him egg and chips. That's what is needed and what fecker (except Dad) can't make egg and chips?

The Pogba equivalent is to juggle the eggs until I drop them, throw my hands up and complain frozen chips are rubbish, and then flutter my eyelashes towards the Tapas restaurant in town.

My Dad is left hungry, and my mum keeps showing him YouTube videos of the Coq au Vin I made last summer.

There's nothing inherent in his game that stops him from tracking back, laying it off quickly under pressure, and getting up immediately after being tackled instead of a 5 second flounce when he feels he should have a freekick. Wasteman.
And yet there's no escaping the fact that as a creator, he depends on the attacker to finish the chance or actually get a shot off it. If someone makes a touch compilation of him, you'll be surprised how many great moves were wasted.

kouroux

The analogy is so terrible, I'm lost for words :lol: Pogba isn't alone in that kitchen, is he now ?

Status
Not open for further replies.