Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul_Scholes18

We need to keep him around. His head might not be the best always, but get one manager in that can deal with him. As Conte did at Juventus as an example.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
Should be biting Reals hands off. Talent won't get you far when you have no football intelligence.

Frank Grimes

Our only decent footballer but I'd be lying if I said he has been a success here.

I'd rather he leave in the summer than hear rumours all next season tbh. It's best for everyone and it will free up funds for 2 or 3 players. Might as well do it now at the start of a massive rebuilding phase.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
We need to keep him around. His head might not be the best always, but get one manager in that can deal with him. As Conte did at Juventus as an example.
I don't think it's a managerial issue, at least it's not the main issue, but a personnel issue on the field. Give him a team he can be a part of, not some talentless workhorses that can't control or finish where he's the only one who can create something for them.

Should be biting Reals hands off. Talent won't get you far when you have no football intelligence.
It takes some genius-level of intelligence to get 14 assists on this team. Real would be very lucky to get him off United, and some fans here are silly enough to think it's a good idea to get rid of your only creative player instead of getting him help. :houllier:

There is no doubting Pogbas talent, however is slow languid style of play is fast becoming a relic of a by gone era.

The style of play in the Italian league suited him perfectly.He looked miles of the pace in both Barca games.

Regardless of whatever talent he has he is not a player to build a team around.

I'm going to enjoy watching him against Cardiff as i think it's the last time we'll see him play for us. He's far too good to be in a team that cant get in the Champions League, and it might be the kick up the arse our management need.

3KDré

He is so much better than his teammates it's not even funny. He may leave this summer, and we will struggle to get midfielders as good as him.

Zoo

I want him to go because he deserves better and it will expose the serial underperformers who have been getting away with for far too long. Sky, Neville, Souness and co will have to talk about other things instead of dedicating all their time to Paul Pogba.

HailtotheKing

I'm going to enjoy watching him against Cardiff as i think it's the last time we'll see him play for us. He's far too good to be in a team that cant get in the Champions League, and it might be the kick up the arse our management need.
Agree. Such a waste of a player. Say what you like about Pogba but he's almost always our most creative player. Will be interesting to see what he does in a team with much higher quality around him.

starman

I want to know whats happened to all the long range beauties he used to score in Italy? 8 out of 10 are Juv goals...

Bobski

There is no doubting Pogbas talent, however is slow languid style of play is fast becoming a relic of a by gone era.

The style of play in the Italian league suited him perfectly.He looked miles of the pace in both Barca games.

This is an important point that has long been key in the Pogba debate. What is his best role, what type of player to you have to surround him with to get the best out of him, you shouldn't have to make so many accommodations for your best player, especially not a midfielder. Still feels like a high end luxury player rather than a core piece.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

This is something that I don't get, Pogba has never had a team built around him and he doesn't need to have a team built around him, so this point is just strange. Now every creative player need players that can finish and are a threat in the last third, we do not have these players. It doesn't matter if you have Xavi, Eriksen or Maradona in your team, if you don't pair them with top finishers, you are not going to attack like a top team.

And it's pointless to mention Bale, Messi or whoever people like to mention because these are the top finishers, the ones that are at the end of passes made by the likes of Modric, Eriksen and other Silvas. Our attackers have been shameful for almost 18 months at the exception of small periods, they are the reason why teams commit numbers around our box, they have no respect for them.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
This is something that I don't get, Pogba has never had a team built around him and he doesn't need to have a team built around him, so this point is just strange. Now every creative player need players that can finish and are a threat in the last third, we do not have these players. It doesn't matter if you have Xavi, Eriksen or Maradona in your team, if you don't pair them with top finishers, you are not going to attack like a top team.

And it's pointless to mention Bale, Messi or whoever people like to mention because these are the top finishers, the ones that are at the end of passes made by the likes of Modric, Eriksen and other Silvas. Our attackers have been shameful for almost 18 months at the exception of small periods, they are the reason why teams commit numbers around our box, they have no respect for them.
Couldn't have said it better. People assume because of his price tag that they were getting the midfield version of a CR7 or Messi, as if they had never watched Pogba play before. He's never had a team built around him, but you get him solid midfielders and some quality up front and he will do his part and then some more as he showed with France or Juventus in the past.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Surprised people are trying to put a positive spin on his game today. He was poor. Did well for the header, but the rest was wayward half arsed shots and being easily dispossessed. Can't blame his teammates on that today.

Crashoutcassius

He is so much better than his teammates it's not even funny. He may leave this summer, and we will struggle to get midfielders as good as him.
he looked absolutely muck today and the same in 15+ games this season. Can't make a simple pass, can't affect the game in the least, showing no intelligence or fight. No doubting his talent but like liverpool were better without coutinho he is going to be a blocker to us ever getting any better if we insist on keeping him and he rolls out 3 more seasons of half arsed performances.

GM K

Here we go again. Pogba needs another manager to realise his great potential. Sigh.

I think that manager will be Zidane. Watch him play like the best midfielder ever once he gets his wish of moving to Real Madrid.

SAFMUTD

It would be a massive blow to lose him, not only the player but the message it would send.

If you are forced to sell your best player because he wants out of your crap we will look even less attractive to top talents. It would mean we have given up, we should not lose him under any circumstance.

JoaquinJoaquin

Can't help but feel this was one of Pogba’s last games for the club. Between the performance, his brothers comments on Friday and Zidane hinting today that they will be in for him just makes it seem he will go.
I think he will put a transfer request in, and to be honest I wouldn't blame him. He must look around in the changing room and shake his head at the crap he is surrounded by.

Jib

Can't help but feel this was one of Pogba’s last games for the club. Between the performance, his brothers comments on Friday and Zidane hinting today that they will be in for him just makes it seem he will go.
I think he will put a transfer request in, and to be honest I wouldn't blame him. He must look around in the changing room and shake his head at the crap he is surrounded by.
Sad but true

m1tch

Agreed, you build your team around a player that consistently gives his all, and a player that can play consistently at a high standard.
Yeah Pogba can have a great game, sometimes a few in a row, but his bad patches are equally as long, if not much longer than his runs of good form.
A terrible leader, we'd need a Zlatan/Keano or two in the dressing room to get the best out of him on anything like a regular basis.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Agreed, you build your team around a player that consistently gives his all, and a player that can play consistently at a high standard.
Yeah Pogba can have a great game, sometimes a few in a row, but his bad patches are equally as long, if not much longer than his runs of good form.
A terrible leader, we'd need a Zlatan/Keano or two in the dressing room to get the best out of him on anything like a regular basis.
Doubt any player could with this shit around them, even De Gea has caught the infection.
Funny thing is even Messi struggles with Argentina. So there is something to be said about players and their teammates.
Having said that Pogba isn't irreplaceable.

Canagel

he was not off the pace or is off the pace. Barca is simply superior at retaining the ball and possesses technical quality in all areas. A department we are made to look average in vs midtable PL teams.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
As annoying of a truth as it may be, I will concede that in retrospect it has been pretty clear since his bust up with Mourinho that Pogba has had his mind on leaving us for a while. It explains Mourinho's comments on the virus etc. and it explains why Pogba seemingly doesn't care if the team doesn't perform up to his standards. In fact, his standards drops at the immediate sign of any resistance displayed by the opposition, doesn't matter if it is West Ham or Barcelona. His head drops and he misplaces passes, gets dispossessed after trying fancy tricks etc. He doesn't have his head in the game and you can see how it affect his overall game and contribution.

Clearly Pogba is more talented than a lot of the players he is playing with, but I'm not going to bend over for him just because our team is shit. I definitely expect more from a United-player than what Pogba has displayed. He may be more talented than the bunch of players he is playing with, but he is not trying harder than them, he is not more involved than them, he is not consistantly playing football at a higher level for Manchester United than them, which is ultimately what matters.

On todays game, I didn't think he was lazy or anything. He had decent positioning and worked harder. He just lacked the creativity, the accuracy and understanding of the game to properly affect it. Pretty wasteful in possession. I think he sometimes struggles with the pace and physicality of the league, and he doesn't have the quickness to work around it. He seems to think his physique is enough but he uses too much time to protect the ball instead of releasing it quickly and the opposition is afforded the time to regroup. He then tries a hopeful lobbed pass on a marked player doing a late run. Rinse and repeat, but that is hopefully not the quality people are defending here, when they get all self deprecating about our club when discussing Pogba.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
A few inches away from scoring what would have been the winner.
That goes in, and half of the woe is us stuff on here would have been reigned in.

Fine margins.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
That's the key for me, we cannot possibly hope to bring in anyone more talented.

All we can hope for is, that the reshuffle of players is more effective as a unit.

For a spell, Matic-Herrera-Pogba looked a good combo.
Instead, we'll have the perennial need to bring at least 2 mids in!

It'll be 3-4 if those 2 go, as we didn't replace Fellaini.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If he is going this summer, I hope we're smart enough to stagger it to well after we've brought new recruits in.

Otherwise, if hey know we'll have an extra £100m, the United tax, plus Woodward dreadful negotiation tax will leave us screwed and the money won't go anywhere.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
That's the key for me, we cannot possibly hope to bring in anyone more talented.

All we can hope for is, that the reshuffle of players is more effective as a unit.

For a spell, Matic-Herrera-Pogba looked a good combo.
Instead, we'll have the perennial need to bring at least 2 mids in!

It'll be 3-4 if those 2 go, as we didn't replace Fellaini.
Dare I say bit of mistake axing him so soon?

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
When is someone going to tell him he doesn’t have to stick his bum out and wait for someone’s crotch every time he gets the ball?

He has the talent to be a space making player like a Barcelona midfielder but he dwells too much for that quality.

I don’t think there is anyone influential enough within the united coaching team (ie zidane) to coach a fundamental part of his game out. There is also no one around him (pirlo, France team or zlatan) to be accountable to. He’ll play like shiet, look up and he’ll have Scott high fiving him.

Best for us and him if he left. I really want to enjoy watching his full potential at a decent team. Midfielders like him come once a generation

Posh Red

I always find the comments about his inconsistency funny really. Our entire team is inconsistent. It’s just the way it is here. He will probably join Madrid and become a world beater because he will be surrounded by quality players

Dve

If United get 100k for him, sell. As a midfielder, he should be among the players running most in this team, which he is not. Two minutes left of the match, and Pogba is strolling around in the middle of the park while his teammates are sprinting in attack. His attitude is a disgrace. Sell him.

MS4

Its ridiculous that people want our best player to be gone just because he theoretically could be better. He is still our best player

Last edited by a moderator:

Raven

If United get 100k for him, sell. As a midfielder, he should be among the players running most in this team, which he is not. Two minutes left of the match, and Pogba is strolling around in the middle of the park while his teammates are sprinting in attack. His attitude is a disgrace. Sell him.
Has anyone got individual running stats, so that this drivel can be quashed? The fella was on his bike all game long, and usually is, I'm sick of these agenda posts

Roboc7

Even when he plays badly or even terrible he’s still the player most likely to do something which says a lot about him and rest of the players.

If Madrid interest is real then you have to sell, I can’t see him extending his contract so he leaves anyway next summer but for less money.

Status
Not open for further replies.