Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Is there a player in world football who receives as much scrutiny as Pogba? Every performance is debated in great detail not to mention all the off-field stuff he gets shit for, such as having the audacity to like getting his hair cut.
One of the only places you could get called bias against someone for saying they played very good :lol:

Acole9

Outstanding
I went out the room to make a round of teas, came back and he was still jogging up to the ball for the penalty. Haha in all seriousness though he was quality, more of the same from him hopefully. When he's up for it he's our best player without a doubt.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
So this is all about a game where he got 2 goals and an assist right?

He saved our arses this game, YB were destroying us from wide areas and really threatening us with crosses (Smalling was great at dealing with them though). He scored a goal from a fantastic piece of skill and a great shot with his left foot out of nothing. That knocked the sails out of YB and gave us a foothold in the game.

He also made several great runs and passes on the counter attack that were being messed up until Martial eventually scored.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Bit of a silly argument really. There is a word for it and it is called semantics.

Far more important is that Paul Pogba is key to the success of our team. He is one of the very few genuine match winners we have and he is old enough now to understand that consistency is the difference between success and failure.

No one doubts his ability but to be really world class he has to apply himself FOR THE TEAM and not just standing there admiring his pass.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Bit of a silly argument really. There is a word for it and it is called semantics.

Far more important is that Paul Pogba is key to the success of our team. He is one of the very few genuine match winners we have and he is old enough now to understand that consistency is the difference between success and failure.

No one doubts his ability but to be really world class he has to apply himself FOR THE TEAM and not just standing there admiring his pass.

Anyone want to make anything else up that Pogba doesn't do ?

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
So this is all about a game where he got 2 goals and an assist right?

He saved our arses this game, YB were destroying us from wide areas and really threatening us with crosses (Smalling was great at dealing with them though). He scored a goal from a fantastic piece of skill and a great shot with his left foot out of nothing. That knocked the sails out of YB and gave us a foothold in the game.

He also made several great runs and passes on the counter attack that were being messed up until Martial eventually scored.
Oh man, they had some promising counterattacks but destroyng us? if anything it was a bit dull and all and the goal would have come eventually when they tired but it came sooner through Pogba's brilliance, which he is capable of and I can agree with the saying that he CAN BE a gamechanger but did he really saved us against the swiss team? I am sure we would have scored and wont he game anyway. I am looking forward to bigger games where he needs to show he can change the game mainly!

OldTrevil

The music in his car is too loud, he should drive to really low slow music to fully relax his muscles.

LolYo

He should really study Modric's game because he can play that game...plus he does all his Pogba stuff.
Should be the top 5 player in the world .
Kinda weird that it hasnt quite clicked for him but oh well at his age Modric just joined the Spurs. Guess it also takes a bit maturity to play like that but Pogba should get there.

Lebo

He should really study Modric's game because he can play that game...plus he does all his Pogba stuff.
Should be the top 5 player in the world .
Kinda weird that it hasnt quite clicked for him but oh well at his age Modric just joined the Spurs. Guess it also takes a bit maturity to play like that but Pogba should get there.
I don' think he will ever play like Modric. In general you don't get a player like Modric who is 1.9m tall. That' s why Pogba s comparisons with Viera were not as lazy as most people thought around here. Look at the tall midfielders, they aren't as good at quick turning and running in small spaces like the short ones.

LolYo

I don' think he will ever play like Modric. In general you don't get a player like Modric who is 1.9m tall. That' s why Pogba s comparisons with Viera were not as lazy as most people thought around here. Look at the tall midfielders, they aren't as good at quick turning and running in small spaces like the short ones.
Good point. I guess what Im trying to say is, he can do a lot better job of controlling the game. If he can just do the simple Modric stuff (and he can, hes talented enough) along with defending (again something he is able to do) he will be a finished product.
Its really about putting those finishing touches and he should be the top 5 player the next 6 years or so. We will need a new manager though but thats a whole different topic altogether even though that will happen, too.

Bestietom

He is starting to show his true worth to us lately, with some fantastic play spreading the ball around. He just needs to cut out some of his showboating and play football like he can play.

Can7onA

I think he's key today, if he lets Moutinho and Neves over run him like he tends to do sometimes, we're gonna lose.

Man Utd 1:1 Wolves

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Lost the ball for their goal.

Generally took 10 seconds trying to shrug off 2 wolves players instead of releasing the ball quicker to quicken up our play.

Silas

I thought he was immense today. He did mess up for the goal though, but I'd find it hard to blame that all on him. He deserves better players around him.

Last edited:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Fantastic for most of the game, I thought. Still needs to work on things. Anything that affects decision making and releasing the ball at the right time, but I'd take that performance week in week out no problem.

Trizy

Was at fault for the goal and giving away the ball needlessly a few times.

Apart from costing us 2 points, he had one of the best passing games I've seen in a match. Was like watching prime Scholes with some of the balls he played.

el3mel

Our best player today, apart from the shite show in the goal. Unfortunately that ended costing us the game so can't be resolved of the blame.

MAME DIOUF 32

Some of his passing was unbelievable and also very positive, but he cost us a goal and largely shirked his defensive work. Frustrating.

Heinzesight

It’s been posted on here a million times about Pogba messing with the ball on the half way line and losing the ball...it’s nearly cost us quite a few times and now it has.

He’s a top player but is he thinks he’s ten men...just pass it off. It worked really well in his first few games with us but just give it up now for crying out loud. Either he’s thick or the coaching staff can’t see it. It’s becoming his trademark, can we get an emoji for it.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Lost the ball for their goal.

Generally took 10 seconds trying to shrug off 2 wolves players instead of releasing the ball quicker to quicken up our play.
And also made an assist and produced numerous brilliant and inventive passes.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Good game but had an error which cost us the goal.
Hard to blame him for that, when the full back has then let their man cross it, the central defenders have then let Jiminez lay a nice ball off, and no one has stopped matey lashing one in.

marktan

I feel for him, he's technically levels above pretty much every outfield player barring maybe Shaw but he'll get cricticsed for trying things that sometimes don't come off.

Pretty much every single good thing came through him today.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Thought he was actually superb, there was one run where he left 3 for dead with incredible close skills

He's the most talented in the team by a million miles. Absolutely let down by the lack of any style of play and those around him.
Sad to say, but he needs to go to a Spanish giant for his own benefit.

Ban

Hard to blame him for that, when the full back has then let their man cross it, the central defenders have then let Jiminez lay a nice ball off, and no one has stopped matey lashing one in.
He complicates too much sometimes. He lost few balls prior to that on a halfway line. Of course we should have defended better for the goal no matter the lost ball.

kr0nix

Our best player today, apart from the shite show in the goal. Unfortunately that ended costing us the game so can't be resolved of the blame.
He made one mistake but without his contribution we wouldn't have scored. Shaw and Smalling aside, none of the players around him showed any initiative or authority out there. Sanchez, Lingard, Valencia and Lukaku were very poor. Fred was good in patches but has a long way to go.

Take him out of the side and see how ordinary we look.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Our best player, I shudder to think how we'd play without him. He is at the heart of everything good we do and yes he made a shit mistake for the goal but tbh our backline should have dealt with it way better

Stadjer

He had a good game. Had an assist, the cross Lukaku should have scored (not sure if that even was offside) was supposed to be another assist, some other great passes and runs.. He did lose the ball for their goal but Shaw was also at fault for not preventing the cross, Lindelof his position was terrible and nobody tracked Moutinho. It wasnt all his fault.

He sometimes dwells on the ball but when he sees a good run (and he has the vision to spot those) he releases the ball. The lack of moment is also hindering Pogba his game. He is by far the best outfield player we have and would shine in a team where he is surrounded by quality players. We just need to upgrade on all the average at best players around him.

Status
Not open for further replies.