Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canagel

Yep.

Maybe he does hold onto the ball for a tad too long at times, but at other times it is crucial. He keeps his head when everyone else around him is losing theirs and has an extra second or two. He’s on a different level to any of our other outfield players and would start every week for any side in the world.
I particularly enjoy watching him play on the left wing when we are chasing games strangely. It happened a lot in 2016/17 too when we needed goals at the end. His quick switches of play with both feet and accurate crossing can be a real weapon i think from the wing plus he knows how to dribble and make surging runs from deep already. He does a much better job than our so called regular 'wingers'.

Moonred

Unfortunate that his passing performance of today couldn’t get us over the line. Regardless, he seems to be in good form and productive. Hope he can remain fit.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
One of his best ever United performances and yet his stupidity still costs the team a goal. “Frustrating” doesn’t do him justice.

Ashley R1+O

Played quite well but the performance will be stung by that silly losing of the ball which led to the goal.

Jib

He didn't lost the ball in front of the goal...the narrative is quite funny...

He should leave. Even when he's by far the best player, he's the scapegoat :lol:

Honestly he's too good to waste his best years with such an average squad.

RoyH1

Easily our best player. Woodie will have to fill the pockets of that pig Raiola again, but we simply cannot let him leave. He gives us a base to build from.

ash_86

His best and worst in the same game again. So fecking infuriating. Hard to compliment him when he's the one who gave away the ball for wolve's goal. Need to be more declined.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Dunno what his general performance was like today but that assist was beautiful.

Edgio

Did alright going forward but his infuriating habit of holding on to the ball too long in midfield killed us. Just release the fecking ball already you idiot!

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
I was right after all...

He needs to go... But, it's for his benefit.

The guy kept trying to make something happen but, the lack of movement in the final third was embarrassing.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Everytime I watch him, I get more angry at Sanchez. Pogba is head and shoulders above the rest of the team, and everything, almost literally, good about us goes through him. Sanchez is supposed to go halves with him on the burden as our other massive money supposed world class player.

Two can be enough, one won’t win you anything. Chelsea could win the league this year due to some good players and Hazard and Kante, who are both at the very top level.

Pogba and Sanchez at the top of their game is enough with good players just below like Lukaku and Fred. This is of course, excluding the goalkeeper.

The fear then becomes that we will lose the one we have as he wants better around him.

Foxbatt

Of course if I were him I would look for a move to a club like Barca or Real? Why wouldn't he? He is not going to win the PL or the CL with United and Jose. He has every chance of winning the La Liga and the CL with either Barca or Real. Or even back with Juve with Serie A and the CL.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Best passer in the premier league. Best passer at the world cup. He also dribbles through players all the time. Yes he holds on the ball too long because nobody makes runs and nobody can take the brunt of creativity.

If I was him I would not be happy with this shit. He's good enough for Barca, real and Bayern easily.

Web of Bissaka

Ignoring his flaws (which his manager and teammates should cover), he brought so much to the table.

Not the full 90+ mins, but I like the Pogba that play this way. A shade of how Scholes used to boss the centre of the park. Played like an active orchestra conductor, Paul actively receive the ball from the back and connecting it efficiently to up front, spread the ball around left, right, centre front, with crisp passes, quick one touch passes, kept on moving the ball around, and even if he lost the ball - insist on conducting our play. Focal point of our build-up and play up-front. Not a problem being surrounded by 1+ markers either, he'll glide pass them or make quick sharp turn and pass. More please.

Beautiful performance.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Best passer in the premier league. Best passer at the world cup. He also dribbles through players all the time. Yes he holds on the ball too long because nobody makes runs and nobody can take the brunt of creativity.

If I was him I would not be happy with this shit. He's good enough for Barca, real and Bayern easily.
Yeh. If I were a footballer as good as Pogba, I'd feck off to better team after two years of serving this shit. I actually respect him more than De Gea who just content playing for the money. Best player always wants to play to the highest level, and actually winning trophies.

Litch

Outstanding. Yep lost the ball but that shite happens all over the pitch in 90mins, it's on like he's was on the penalty spot doing stepovers....

Continue this way, he'll be gone next Summer as it's becoming harder to find this quality in football...

Silas

Something that doesn't get mentioned enough is how good he is with his weaker foot. Almost two-footed.
An acceptable performance. He has his weaknesses Pogba but we have 15 other problems/players to sort out before him.
Did we watch the same game?

Irrational.

Does it make me an asshole if the stupid concessions of possession stay with me as much as the goal? I really enjoyed most of the game and love watching him in imperious full flow but I'm always left thinking he's better than this. That shielding thing, where he ignores the 10 yard pass while trying to ward off 3 opponents with his arse? He was good but should be inspirational, raise the bar for himself, always look for perfection. He's losing the ball in shit areas and we won't get away with it against better opposition.
This post from a few days ago and it's very accurate.

Ludens the Red

His best and worst in the same game again. So fecking infuriating. Hard to compliment him when he's the one who gave away the ball for wolve's goal. Need to be more declined.
Yeah he gave the bell away but that’s where his team mates come in. There was a enough time between him giving the ball away and the goal for other players to react and prevent but they’re too useless to do that. He was pretty much at the heart of anything good we did, again maybe if his team mates weren’t so useless at playing football wed have been a few goals up before Wolves’ equaliser.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
We need to play Pereira along side him so all the burden isn't on him to create.
That would help, although the main problem is what they are creating for at the moment. The line in front of them is a mess.

Canagel

It's embarrassing the lack of options when he is looking up for someone to pass to. There was a moment where he had enough and decided to run forward and dribble to play a one two with Lukaku and the ball just bounced off him. Everyone is just static. I know if I was on the pitch and Pogba has the ball I would be making a run every time because he has the quality to find the pass everytime.

ash_86

Yeah he gave the bell away but that’s where his team mates come in. There was a enough time between him giving the ball away and the goal for other players to react and prevent but they’re too useless to do that. He was pretty much at the heart of anything good we did, again maybe if his team mates weren’t so useless at playing football wed have been a few goals up before Wolves’ equaliser.
Well will you be saying the same if Sanchez gives the ball away? I love Pogba and he's our most important player but he had no reason to give the ball away so cheaply. He could've played a pass in any direction and moved on. Shaw did try to block the cross but the winger just did enough to put in the path of Moutiniho. Maybe if Pogba does his job of retaining the ball better other players dont need to cover his backside.

fergieisold

Outstanding. Yep lost the ball but that shite happens all over the pitch in 90mins, it's on like he's was on the penalty spot doing stepovers....

Continue this way, he'll be gone next Summer as it's becoming harder to find this quality in football...
He was fantastic yesterday but all of that is cancelled out because he lost us 2 points trying unnecessary trick in the wrong area. We need more vocal players on the team to absolutely lay into him behind the scenes for that because he lost us the game.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
He was fantastic yesterday but all of that is cancelled out because he lost us 2 points trying unnecessary trick in the wrong area. We need more vocal players on the team to absolutely lay into him behind the scenes for that because he lost us the game.
That's incredibly harsh and just not true. He made a mistake, of course, but Pogba did not lose us 2 points yesterday. There was still quite a bit of play between him losing the ball and them scoring. Luke Shaw done a poor job on the guy who crossed the ball; he just gave up thinking he already won the contest. Then the guy who scored was completely unmarked and it was a superb finish. Pogba was our best player, and that mistake does not take away from that.

We drew because we're completely incompetent in attack. Pogba pisses me off when he holds onto the ball too long, and he deserves criticism for the mistake, but he did not lose us points yesterday

In Rainbows

That's incredibly harsh and just not true. He made a mistake, of course, but Pogba did not lose us 2 points yesterday. There was still quite a bit of play between him losing the ball and them scoring. Luke Shaw done a poor job on the guy who crossed the ball; he just gave up thinking he already won the contest. Then the guy who scored was completely unmarked and it was a superb finish. Pogba was our best player, and that mistake does not take away from that.

We drew because we're completely incompetent in attack. Pogba pisses me off when he holds onto the ball too long, and he deserves criticism for the mistake, but he did not lose us points yesterday
Especially because if we're going to use the logic that he was at fault for the goal, then apply that logic for the goal we scored. Following that, it would be 0-0 and we're back to losing 2 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.