Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonred

He was fantastic yesterday but all of that is cancelled out because he lost us 2 points trying unnecessary trick in the wrong area. We need more vocal players on the team to absolutely lay into him behind the scenes for that because he lost us the game.

Who in that team will lay into him after having a game like they did and what Pogba did.

He lost us the game. fecking hell :lol:

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Especially because if we're going to use the logic that he was at fault for the goal, then apply that logic for the goal we scored. Following that, it would be 0-0 and we're back to losing 2 points.
Yeah, it's a silly thing to say. It also implies that everything else was functioning at 100%, apart from this one error.

Moriarty

Pogba was the one trying to make things happen for us; well Fred too. He lost the ball on the half-way line but how many defenders did we have back there to cancel the counter? In fairness, Shaw should have seen that ball out for a corner but, for some reason, he switched off and the Wolves player - all credit to him - didn't give up and created the chance.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He’s the best passer in the world.
:lol:

Why are people so quick to praise Pogba at some things, it's incredible. He is nowhere near consistent enough to be called best passer in the world, probably not even close.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Who in that team will lay into him after having a game like they did and what Pogba did.

He lost us the game. fecking hell :lol:
He didn't lose us the game because we didn't lose the game.
You are so quick to criticize him that you don't even realize what you wrote. Besides losing the ball stupidly in midfield is one thing but how we defended from that point has little to do with him.
Some ridiculous criticism at times

Moonred

He didn't lose us the game because we didn't lose the game.
You are so quick to criticize him that you don't even realize what you wrote. Besides losing the ball stupidly in midfield is one thing but how we defended from that point has little to do with him.
Some ridiculous criticism at times
I seriously think some just hate him because of how he is. If he was some docile timid version of Kante, these criticism would never be seen.

I can understand if you are an oppo and looking for an excuse to diss our players but bloody hell if you support United and come up with such drivel. The only fecking player who makes anything interesting for us at the moment.

kouroux

I seriously think some just hate him because of how he is. If he was some docile timid version of Kante, these criticism would never be seen.

I can understand if you are an oppo and looking for an excuse to diss our players but bloody hell if you support United and come up with such drivel. The only fecking player who makes anything interesting for us at the moment.
Absolutely no doubt about that. He was by far our best player this game and in this Season so far. He still has tendencies to hold on to the ball too long but often it is because the players around him are too stupid to give him good passing options.

Yesterday he shouldn't have lost it there in all fairness but if everytime a midfielder makes a mistake like that, a goal scored is scored, imagine the scorelines :lol: It was a collective feck up, Pogba started it but the rest kept it ongoing

Moonred

Absolutely no doubt about that. He was by far our best player this game and in this Season so far. He still has tendencies to hold on to the ball too long but often it is because the players around him are too stupid to give him good passing options.

Yesterday he shouldn't have lost it there in all fairness but if everytime a midfielder makes a mistake like that, a goal scored is scored, imagine the scorelines :lol: It was a collective feck up, Pogba started it but the rest kept it ongoing
I totally get his issues. He does hold on to the ball at times and his awareness during those times are lacking compared to how good he actually is. But to fecking blame him of all the other clowns who did feck all yesterday screams nothing but some weird fecking agenda. It’s a bloody team sport, he can only feed what’s around him. He isn’t going to do things all by himself and neither should he. His strengths and weaknesses are now well known and to expect something he isn’t ever going to do is just weird. Either have players around him who will have movement to take advantage of his world class passing and cover for him when he does lose the ball, or resign to the fact that we will observe the occasional match winning performance combined with frustration which will comeback to haunt us as we are so fecking second rate that unless a player has 10/10 performance, he will be a reason for our undoing.

kouroux

I totally get his issues. He does hold on to the ball at times and his awareness during those times are lacking compared to how good he actually is. But to fecking blame him of all the other clowns who did feck all yesterday screams nothing but some weird fecking agenda. It’s a bloody team sport, he can only feed what’s around him. He isn’t going to do things all by himself and neither should he. His strengths and weaknesses are now well known and to expect something he isn’t ever going to do is just weird. Either have players around him who will have movement to take advantage of his world class passing and cover for him when he does lose the ball, or resign to the fact that we will observe the occasional match winning performance combined with frustration which will comeback to haunt us as we are so fecking second rate that unless a player has 10/10 performance, he will be a reason for our undoing.
Spot on.
Just imagine if he wasn't playing for us at the moment.Players will make mistakes, the rest have to do their best to cover each other.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

Why are people so quick to praise Pogba at some things, it's incredible. He is nowhere near consistent enough to be called best passer in the world, probably not even close.
He is. How can he not be consistent enough when literally every single game, he demonstrates a spectacular passing range? How consistently do you want him to show his passing ability? If we have him a black and white striped shirt all over again you would probably have less issue accepting this.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
He constantly tries to run forward with the ball and go past 2/3 players and constantly loses the balL. He does it a lot and he needs to stop. He needs to just make the simple pass and release the ball much quicker. He dwells on the ball too much, we lose possession and the other teams have a chance to counter.

Mcking

He was fantastic yesterday but all of that is cancelled out because he lost us 2 points trying unnecessary trick in the wrong area. We need more vocal players on the team to absolutely lay into him behind the scenes for that because he lost us the game.
Lost us two points? Ah

Canagel

He's definitely there or thereabouts. Came across this yesterday.

Very impressive when you think he missed 3 months with injury last season and in a team which has by far some of the worst movement upfront. If he was playing for City he would have 20+ assists I'm sure.

Mcking

He constantly tries to run forward with the ball and go past 2/3 players and constantly loses the balL. He does it a lot and he needs to stop.
No, he doesn't do that.
He needs to just make the simple pass and release the ball much quicker.
Yes, I agree.
He dwells on the ball too much, we lose possession and the other teams have a chance to counter.
Because he is isolated a lot of times and more often than not, there's no movement from those in front of him.

sam147

Anyone criticising Pogba is a fool. Without him we'd create nothing. He created the first goal. For some reason our manager decided to play him DM when everyone knows he isnt defensively aware. We were in the lead so why did Jose swap Pogba with Fellaini. Especially after he said Fellaini provided stability. All the players stood still they havent learn pass and move. We play infront of the opposition. He is the only one who would create anything in a team full of oafs. Ive backed Jose but after that change it showed he is past it. We were in the lead why change it?

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
He is. How can he not be consistent enough when literally every single game, he demonstrates a spectacular passing range? How consistently do you want him to show his passing ability? If we have him a black and white striped shirt all over again you would probably have less issue accepting this.
Modric, Kroos are both better passers, Silva, Gundogan, de Bruyne are also all better passers than him. He is good at many things, world class at some, but he is definitely not the best passer in the world.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Anyone criticising Pogba is a fool. Without him we'd create nothing. He created the first goal. For some reason our manager decided to play him DM when everyone knows he isnt defensively aware. We were in the lead so why did Jose swap Pogba with Fellaini. Especially after he said Fellaini provided stability. All the players stood still they havent learn pass and move. We play infront of the opposition. He is the only one who would create anything in a team full of oafs. Ive backed Jose but after that change it showed he is past it. We were in the lead why change it?
Bullshit. Nobody is immune from criticism. He's played well so far this year but he needs to do better.

Classical Mechanic

He’s the 5th most dispossessed player in the league and the only central midfielder in the top ten. Many of those dispossessions come from the strength battles that he likes to have. He needs to improve that.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
Pogba was the one trying to make things happen for us; well Fred too. He lost the ball on the half-way line but how many defenders did we have back there to cancel the counter? In fairness, Shaw should have seen that ball out for a corner but, for some reason, he switched off and the Wolves player - all credit to him - didn't give up and created the chance.
Was clear what Shaw was doing, he wanted to push the player out so we could have a goal kick, unfortunately, wolves player tried 100% to get a contact on the ball, unfortunate moment no2: the ball crossed with slow speed but good accuracy finds an attacker in the box who hits it home. Unfortunately this is premier league so we will see players playing on 120% at times and the technical quality of them is also higher and higher.

Pogs decided to dribble at the wrong moment, he can do it from there, just this one wasn't the right moment, 19/20 times we get back and defend it well against their 2/3 players, 9/10 times a player in the wingers position will not aim the ball at the right player or hit the ball clean enough to get to their player so he could finish it.

Paul was big mistake but still you expect defence to do better, Shaw was minor mistake, wanted to play it clean, brilliant effort and play from wolves players.

Anyway we shouldn't be bothered they scored a lucky goal and outscore them, unfortunately we played with shit front 3, especially Lukaku should egt a grip and these little mistakes would be easily forgotten, it will happen every game

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's definitely there or thereabouts. Came across this yesterday.

Very impressive when you think he missed 3 months with injury last season and in a team which has by far some of the worst movement upfront. If he was playing for City he would have 20+ assists I'm sure.
Absolutely.

Mcking

Modric, Kroos are both better passers, Silva, Gundogan, de Bruyne are also all better passers than him. He is good at many things, world class at some, but he is definitely not the best passer in the world.
De Bruyne and Gundogan are no better. But yes, he is not the best passer in the world.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
Bullshit. Nobody is immune from criticism. He's played well so far this year but he needs to do better.
he can't do really better than this game, this was a world class all round display and probably his top3. I am the first person to criticise him if he makes mistakes or doesn't do enough but he did more than that, he created so many chances and played great football, he didn't tried to dribble through the middle much on his own like he sometimes do, which is a sign of maturity, he just made that one dribble which in the end cost us, we should be coping with a couple of their attackers, they scored quite lucky goal after that.

In addition to that if he dribbles too much and loses the ball I'd be furious being his manager as it is a schoolboy mistake but he's one of the few players in the world who can successfully do it, 4/5 he can do it and that creates a lot of space or a chance for us through the middle, 19/20 times we should be able to clear two players attacking the space.

What he should work on is his consistency and concentration but this was a captain like performance with pieces of brilliance and some decent defensive work.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
He really does. He did it countless times against Wolves and has done it a lot this season against all teams he has featured against.
he has lost the ball only once and he created by doing that but created a couple of openings because of that too, stop lying. I agree that he tends to over do it at times but definitely not last game. In general CMs shouldnt be allowed to do that but at the same time he's got skill and body strength to sort of safely dribble and it most often than not work for him. Last game he decided to do it at a wrong time and lost the ball which was an obvious mistake but I am more than welcome he tries to do somehting to create for us when we are inept to create from other positions.

And I am glad he spends a bit more time on the ball, while I think there are situations in which he could play it more simple, he's incredible vision with ability to execute it so I would let him create, he created two goal chances for Lukaku, other great pass for Lukaku, which he controlled but coudln't do anything with it and a couple of other opening while orchestrating the game for us from the deep too, can't ask for more.

If you chose this game to criticise him and his dribbling than you chose a wrong game, because it seems like you didn't watch it. How absurd is it that you can find some people complaining about him THIS game where he had one of his best game for us. Just one lost ball and a frustrating draw can change it. Get fecking objective or understand football

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He seems to have more retraction than praise, even amongst his own club’s fans. Or at least equal. Imagine he left. You guys will really have something to moan about. Imagine moaning that Paul Pogba plays for you!

Stadjer

He seems to have more retraction than praise, even amongst his own club’s fans. Or at least equal. Imagine he left. You guys will really have something to moan about. Imagine moaning that Paul Pogba plays for you!
Exactly... all the people who want him sold should think about a midfield without him. Ofcourse we could buy another midfielder but is there a midfielder in the world who could do everything what Pogba can do?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
In a class of his own. Him and De Gea doing almost all the heavy lifting at the moment.
Indeed. Of the outfield players, he’s a level or two above, and is the natural captain I reckon. He’s clearly the player the rest look to.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
De Bruyne and Gundogan are no better. But yes, he is not the best passer in the world.
I think Gundogan is definitely better passer, or at least more consistent. I don't think Pogba is special at short passing at all, all players I mentioned are far better in short passing. Pogba can make some amazing passes, but he also can make quite often baffling passes in midfield which some stupid wingers would be proud of. I am not sure any of the mentioned midfielders are known for that.

Mcking

Exactly... all the people who want him sold should think about a midfield without him. Ofcourse we could buy another midfielder but is there a midfielder in the world who could do everything what Pogba can do?
We'd probably end up with a Fellaini, a Herrera, a Schneiderlin, a Schweinsteiger and we could as well just give up.

Last edited:

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
He’s the 5th most dispossessed player in the league and the only central midfielder in the top ten. Many of those dispossessions come from the strength battles that he likes to have. He needs to improve that.
He tries to dribble like every other midfielders that can does, but he doesn't do it constantly nor countless times.
See the quote above by Classical
Mechanic. That stat basically proves what I was saying.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Pogba is expected to do the role of about 3 players I think. That’s why people are never happy. They want Lampard, Zidane and Xavi all in one. And some Toure for good measure. I know midfield is an all-round role, but Pogba is supposed to be the primary provider of all the aforementioned player’s best qualities in our team.

Mcking

See the quote above by Classical
Mechanic. That stat basically proves what I was saying.
I think take-ons and success rate will do a better job. His dispossesion stat will be a bit high because he's not the best in tight positions and is guilty of holding onto the ball for long at times as he looks to pick a better pass. Also he is a big lad and therefore easily isolated.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
The problem with Pogba is the rest of the team more than anything. I think the time he spends dwelling on the ball is a fair criticism, but it often comes from trying to get more movement form his teammates so he can ping the ball to them or create some kind of danger. He definitely is not immune to criticism, but in England he has been a huge scapegoat for the failings of the team as a whole in the past. He is far from being the one who should be criticized when you have Alexis Sanchez stealing a wage, a fairly neutered right wing, a striker who is struggling, and a team composition that changes frequently. There is no rhythm to this team, nor consistency, and for players like Pogba it makes their job far more difficult and yet he still manages to create solid chances every game.

SATA

Pogba should be made permanent captain and at the same time have Valencia sit on the bench. Even Dalot would have been more useful and threatening yesterday on the right wing

GledTheRed

Pogba should be made permanent captain and at the same time have Valencia sit on the bench. Even Dalot would have been more useful and threatening yesterday on the right wing
Yes totally this, I'm sick to death of Valencia churning out his mediocre garbage every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.