g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Paul Pogba image 6

Paul Pogba France flag

2018-19 Performances

View full 2018-19 profile

5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Minimalist

Enjoy him while you can lads, i dont think he will be here for much longer. He is a great player and we are heavily reliant on him, shame with his attitude though.
He could outlast Mourinho yet.

Devil81

I'm going to stick with gut feeling and hope Mourinho goes and he gets a shot at impressing under a new manager with fresh ideas.

It's clear from all that's been reported his relationship with Jose is over, I don't know how any player could accept being told he'd lost the vice-captaincy.

Irwin99

I didn't see the Wolves game but I watched the Pogba highlights video of that match and to be fair, I've noticed that his passing seems a little more consistent this season. He STILL has the same problem where he tries to hold on to the ball too long, falls over under a challenge and then looks hopefully to the referee. Really wish he'd cut that out.

If he leaves United soon there's no doubt in my mind that he's been a failure here. Impatient because he couldn't get in the first team under Sir Alex and now wanting out again because he can't get on with Jose. His consistency hasn't been anywhere near the standard you would expect and aside from one huge match against City, I struggle to remember him having a huge impact against the big teams in the league.

Reactions: Penna

tjb

Truth is neither respect the club. Sell and sack both...Use Pogba money to sign two players in attack to accompany Lukaku and Sanchez ( who should be given a chance under a new manager). Play a combo of Matic and Fred/Pereira in midfield. Then maybe sell martial too and use that income for a new centre back.

Red00012

Thinks he’s better than he is , I just want to punch him every time I see him about to take a peno. But he’s the best we have in midfield to play it forward and selling him would weaken us.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
I believe Fred could become a better option than Pogba in the team. Hes a distraction and not consistent enough to warrant being allowed to be a distraction. It will be interesting to see how he handles the situation now that Mourinho has stripped the vice captaincy from him and the way he lambasted him during training.

On that incident I believe Mourinho made a show for the cameras and it is petty from him, hes the manager and hes making our club look a laughing stock. Its ridiculous and not how a manager should behave regardless of Pogba and his instagram posts.

OldSchoolManc

Why do so many United fans think that Paul Pogba is above criticism?

I think he is one of the main reasons that we have been struggling. For all his creativity on the pitch, it is countered by his inconsistency, lazy performances, social media image, attacks in the press, his agent causing as much trouble as possible and his disruptive influence on the squad.
He is acting like he’s the best footballer on the planet without actually performing like that on the pitch. There’s a time and a place for celebrity and it’s not when your team is struggling.

We would be better off if we sold him and used the money on a creative midfielder, that didn’t bring all the baggage. He isn’t all that.

the chameleon

Why do so many United fans think that Paul Pogba is above criticism?

I think he is one of the main reasons that we have been struggling. For all his creativity on the pitch, it is countered by his inconsistency, lazy performances, social media image, attacks in the press, his agent causing as much trouble as possible and his disruptive influence on the squad.
He is acting like he’s the best footballer on the planet without actually performing like that on the pitch. There’s a time and a place for celebrity and it’s not when your team is struggling.

We would be better off if we sold him and used the money on a creative midfielder, that didn’t bring all the baggage. He isn’t all that.
I think you are spot on!

When you think about how much we've invested to fit Paul Pogba into the team, you start thinking - is it worth it? It's not just his transfer fee, but also the players we've invested in to make sure we can build team around him.

Don't get me wrong, he's got the attributes of a great player. But he doesn't have the extra something to fight for the team. He's being disruptive with the way he was filming when we're losing.

You can't classify him as a true leader.

I don't want Mourinho, but Paul Pogba has to be made an example of. If we start letting players kick off issues like this,they need to be quarantined.

I don't get this love for Pogba. He hasn't fought for the badge like De Gea, Tony. He's used his agent a mouthpiece.

We're Man Utd, we've adjusted to massive tragedies than losing Pogba.

What happens in these next few months will have HUGE impact on what direction we take as a club, in terms of performance and players attitudes.

Moonred

There are 20 other threads to discuss Pogba the man, the child, the rebel, the instamodel or whatever the feck you want to call him. This should just be for the football so that it’s easier for people to decide what to avoid.

Ludens the Red

I'm going to stick with gut feeling and hope Mourinho goes and he gets a shot at impressing under a new manager with fresh ideas.

It's clear from all that's been reported his relationship with Jose is over, I don't know how any player could accept being told he'd lost the vice-captaincy.
Lol what. Players get stripped of captaincy all the time. It's really not a big deal.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Not sure if this has been posted, frustratingly I agree with the cobra.

Not going to lie, I think he’s just saying this so he doesn’t get slaughtered by Jose in a presser again. Criticising Pogba is so much easier even though Pogba has been fantastic this season. I don’t understand how he’s criticising our defence but not Jose for signing 2 poor CB’s.

West Ham 3:1 Man Utd

Messigician

Poor today. I think he's a man on the way out. I don't want a swap deal of Pogba for Rakitic anymore if I had to be honest.

Esquire

Andy Townsend said now: “I have defended him in the past but today he was pathetic, useless... didn’t break a sweat and obviously didn’t believe in the system”.

Fair?

Holters

His body language was awful in second half, but even so, he is the only one that creates something from midfield. Weird to sub him off, but I guess it is just another way for Mourinho to prove a point... which wasn't out of line. Pogba's head isn't in it nowadays.

Ashley R1+O

Can't be trusted, can't be dropped. Have no idea how we get out of this situation.

Even the commentator blasting a fat rod over him being subbed "OOH DELICIOUS DRAMA BECAUSE POGBA IS GETTING SUBBED"... Yeah we've got a fecking game in two days mate. The absolute state of it.

Stringer

I mean he wasn’t good but it’s unfair to expect him to create lots of chances when he is playing in the Stone Age system that Mourinho utilises. Who the hell is he supposed to pass to when no one moves?

el3mel

If he's willing to stay then next manager will be absolutely really his last chance. If he's the same under him, we'll have to chop him off but we'll lose a lot by this point.

Subbing off was terrible decision but he wasn't that good either. It was just plain wrong to sub off an attacking player when we're starting to press.

But as for his form, next manager will be his last chance to prove he's world class here.

Foxbatt

I mean he wasn’t good but it’s unfair to expect him to create lots of chances when he is playing in the Stone Age system that Mourinho utilises. Who the hell is he supposed to pass to when no one moves?
I surely cannot believe that Jose tells Lukaku to be like a pill box and don't move. Players at this level should know how to move off the ball and create space. Players at this level should not need daily coaching to do that.

norm87cro

An ego nove by the manager? Really? The guy is obviously talented but the lack of desire and urgency really says a lot about Pogba as a player as much as a human beign. His attitude is clearly not good enough and he should remain professional until we sell him to Barca

marktan

Was funny watching the match today in person - every time West Ham had the ball their forwards were sprinting forward making runs, every time we had the ball it felt like time stood still - literally no one moved - everyone just stood on the spot.

Pogba was poor today, but he tried to get in between the lines of the midfield and defence quite often, but it was very crowded in there. Imo that's because our wide forwards get very central, constricting all the play there. Our width is from the full backs, but they'll never beat a man so there's no real incentive to man mark them. Hence it was very narrow, very pedestrian from us.

Did enjoy that bit of air juggling from him in the first half though, was class.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Was funny watching the match today in person - every time West Ham had the ball their forwards were sprinting forward making runs, every time we had the ball it felt like time stood still - literally no one moved - everyone just stood on the spot.

Pogba was poor today, but he tried to get in between the lines of the midfield and defence quite often, but it was very crowded in there. Imo that's because our wide forwards get very central, constricting all the play there. Our width is from the full backs, but they'll never beat a man so there's no real incentive to man mark them. Hence it was very narrow, very pedestrian from us.

Did enjoy that bit of air juggling from him in the first half though, was class.
Spot on. Pogba isn't blameless but if we pay attention to what he is working with, it's abysmal in terms of movement, availability for a pass and support when closed down.

redmanx

Truth is neither respect the club. Sell and sack both...Use Pogba money to sign two players in attack to accompany Lukaku and Sanchez ( who should be given a chance under a new manager). Play a combo of Matic and Fred/Pereira in midfield. Then maybe sell martial too and use that income for a new centre back.
I agree, both have brought the Club into disrepute, both should go, but for appearances sake, ie the Club being bigger than the player, Pogba should be shown the door first, everything SAF said about him when he was at United before has been proved correct, and I too will be glad to be rid of him. And hes not as great as he thinks he is, Ronaldo, Messi and others are way out in front of Pogba.

tjb

I agree, both have brought the Club into disrepute, both should go, but for appearances sake, ie the Club being bigger than the player, Pogba should be shown the door first, everything SAF said about him when he was at United before has been proved correct, and I too will be glad to be rid of him. And hes not as great as he thinks he is, Ronaldo, Messi and others are way out in front of Pogba.
At this point, I would let Jose go first. Its far too risky keeping him at the moment. We cannot be wasting seasons like this because we want to seem empathetic. We need to let Jose go to move forward, and the truth of the matter is if I could, I would let Pogba go too. But a new manager may decide he likes Pogba, and he suits his system, and as much as I hate the superstar thing at the club ( I would much rather prefer our attackers being the stars and everyone else hustling and bustling for the team), it would be easy to forget his transgressions if he played well and behaved himself post mourinho. Again, I would sell him, but January is a long time away, and he has a chance to change the feeling around him at the club, Jose on the other hand, cannot.

Renegade

Mourinho wasn’t saying anything when Pogba was performing like this before. When Scholes and everyone else was being negative about him. He infact chose to attack Scholes instead.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I surely cannot believe that Jose tells Lukaku to be like a pill box and don't move. Players at this level should know how to move off the ball and create space. Players at this level should not need daily coaching to do that.
Apparently they do but I agree with you, it's shocking because if you look at a player like Glenn Murray at BHA, he is much better at moving off the ball than Lukaku.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Pogba wasn't great today but he was trying. Trying to find space. Trying to probe. The movement ahead was criminal. How he got subbed and Lukaku fellaini and Matic stayed on ? Really poor from Jose because he's used Pogba once more to try and prove a point. Martial also. How those subs were for the good of the team I'm not sure. More for the good of the manager.

rotherham_red

Fully agreed but what I hated the most was how a substantial portion of our lot booed him as he went off. Absolutely unacceptable.

Roboc7

He wasn’t good but he is playing in a team where none of the other midfielders or anyone else on the team can pass the ball to a high level and the movement is non existent.

Heinzesight

Can’t srand him but there’s a chance (albeit slight) that he could’ve pulled something out of his arse if he hadn’t been subbed...

...but Lukaku? feck me. How on earth does this guy stay on every match? An embarrassment that this is our man up top. Fellaini on his own as the lone striker, playing it to his feet, would be a better option. He’d show more finesse in two minutes than this guy can muster up in ninety.

Devil may care

He didn't play well today, neither did the rest of the team, they looked like the walking dead out there, yet I hear he was singled out for abuse from our own fans which is a disgrace, maybe he can give them a scarf and a water bottle at the next game and they'll all start kissing his ass.

Canagel

I can't wait to see him under a different manager. But if he happens to leave before we get our shit together then so be it. The team is clueless under Mourinho.

Status
Not open for further replies.