Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedStarUnited

I cant believe people want to sell the only creative being we have in the squad.

And I need to understand where the notion of him not working hard comes from. We are a team that drops off when not on the ball, do you want him to press on his own and against the managers wishes? If we played a high pressing game and Pogba wasnt doing his bit, I would understand.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I cant believe people want to sell the only creative being we have in the squad.
Yeah people want him sold because of his creativity. Has absolutely nothing to do with the public outbursts, his toxic agent and all off-field shenanigans and drama that isn't benefitting the club in any way, shape, or form.

Thomas A.Anderson

And I need to understand where the notion of him not working hard comes from. We are a team that drops off when not on the ball, do you want him to press on his own and against the managers wishes? If we played a high pressing game and Pogba wasnt doing his bit, I would understand.
What's the point of a creative player if he doesn't create?

el3mel

If he stays and Mourinho leaves, he'll run out of excuses for his form coming next season. Either he starts performing next season or we should cash on him. This would be his last chance here.

RedStarUnited

He does create, the only one in the team that does. When he is not creating it's usually because of lack of movement. More times than not, if a run is made Pogba will see it and execute the pass. I feel this is probably what's at the heart of Pogba's issues with Jose, his performances get criticized because of the lack of platform given to him by the manager.

Yeah people want him sold because of his creativity. Has absolutely nothing to do with the public outbursts, his toxic agent and all off-field shenanigans and drama that isn't benefitting the club in any way, shape, or form.
I agreed with Pogba's public outbursts, I hate how we play.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia

Has anyone seen running stats for Saturday? Seemed to be constantly moving to make himself available

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
If he stays and Mourinho leaves, he'll run out of excuses for his form coming next season. Either he starts performing next season or we should cash on him. This would be his last chance here.
He's performed most games this season ? He's been outstanding in a few. He's made scapegoat for many reasons

red4ever 79

Dont think I have come across a Utd player in my life time who I have disliked as much as this guy. Represents everything that is wrong with footballers in the modern game.

el3mel

He's performed most games this season ? He's been outstanding in a few. He's made scapegoat for many reasons
He was poor against Brighton, Spurs, WHU and costed us a goal against Wolves, while playing well against Leicester, Burnely and Young Boys. Same inconsistency since his first seaaon.

He needs to start putting consistent performance week in week out. Currently he has all the excuses in the world for any bad form, but they will all run out once Mourinho leaves. He will need to start performing as a 90m midfielder under upcoming manager.

Ashley R1+O

Sorry, but he was not good against West Ham and the blind sycophancy above in trying to excuse him and deflect the personal responsibility for his poor performances is nauseating. I've just come from watching the game again, he fake presses. He jogged between the lanes for most of the first half and offered barely any wide-open passing angles. The one good thing he did do when he lost the ball about 2/3 of the way through the first half he actually got back and mugged a guy for the ball. That piece of play had he immediately got on his bike forward would have taken out three players from midfield and created an overload. The ball was recycled out, only for Pogba to appear on the back end of the good phase of the transition to just fang the ball at goal and into a defender from 30 yards out that went out for a corner. Granted there was not much else on, so fair enough but for gods sake get up and get up off of the overload and demand the ball in a dominant position at least, such lowIQ stuff to not even try to scoot clear of the oppositions midfield.

I don't understand how you can look at him and think "yeah this guy is great, he needs to be there he is absolutely the diamond in the rough". He's still a massive part of the cohesiveness problem. He's now in a league where he gets no breathing room for any dropped intensity, players that are under 6ft chub kegs have no problem coming in and getting up under his gait and chopping him for the ball and he seems to throw his rattle when it happens (except that ludicrous situation where Zabaleta was given a foul for elbowing him in the face, but that was Oliver who is a useless twat). The problems all lead back to the lack of attitude, intensity and drive.

The only scenario still, for me seems to be "just stand up near Lukaku then and don't even bother to come back and integrate with the transition phase when we don't have the ball". Don't get me wrong, there are legitimately terrible things that this team does when it panics. Spanners the ball hopelessly at Lukaku, stops an attack dead and passes the ball back.

I just don't know how to come up with a credible argument that can absolve Pogba of any of this when he doesn't want to do the 10% work and use those fundamentals as a platform to set up his most talented moments.

He needs a few games on the pine or something but I genuinely don't even think that will do anything.

Stadjer

He was poor against Brighton, Spurs, WHU and costed us a goal against Wolves, while playing well against Leicester, Burnely and Young Boys. Same inconsistency since his first seaaon.

He needs to start putting consistent performance week in week out. Currently he has all the excuses in the world for any bad form, but they will all run out once Mourinho leaves. He will need to start performing as a 90m midfielder under upcoming manager.
Even in his so called bad games he created chances and besides that he wasnt the worst player on the field. You cant really expect Pogba to have a good game when his teammates are playing terrible (Sanchez, Lukaku, Lingard).

I think he hasnt been playing badly this season but just plays in a bad team with even negative tactics he doesnt like.

Pogba is getting all negative critics because of the issues with Mourinho and being the high profile player but there are a lot of players in the team who have been (much) worse.

el3mel

Even in his so called bad games he created chances and besides that he wasnt the worst player on the field. You cant really expect Pogba to have a good game when his teammates are playing terrible (Sanchez, Lukaku, Lingard).

I think he hasnt been playing badly this season but just plays in a bad team with even negative tactics he doesnt like.

Pogba is getting all negative critics because of the issues with Mourinho and being the high profile player but there are a lot of players in the team who have been (much) worse.
That's exactly the kind of excuses he'll run out of next season. Thanks for giving examples for what I meant. :)

Stadjer

That's exactly the kind of excuses he'll run out of next season. Thanks for giving examples for what I meant. :)
Even if there will be a new manager and different tactics he still has to play with players who just arent very good. The United Sanchez, Lukaku, Lingard, Mata and all of the defenders arent going to become world class just because we get a new manager. A new manager could however use a tactic where the strenghts of those players will be used so they look good. Ferguson could make average players look good but there arent many who can do that.

Pogba played well for Juventus and France because he played with players who are a lot better than what we have. So the evidence that shows he can play well in a good team is there.

There is a lot more wrong with our team than just Paul Pogba but lets just hope that if we get a new manager that Pogba wont need excuses because he will be playing well. :)

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Pretty hard to create when your forwards offer you zero movement.

In the first half especially he had the ball in the centre for about 5 seconds waiting to launch a forward pass. He ended up waiting so long he had to go backwards before he got tackled. It's this sort of piss poor attacking structure that's making us struggle.

Pogba looked much better playing with Ibrahimovic because he timed his forward runs very well. All our forwards right now have awful movement.

el3mel

Even if there will be a new manager and different tactics he still has to play with players who just arent very good. The United Sanchez, Lukaku, Lingard, Mata and all of the defenders arent going to become world class just because we get a new manager. A new manager could however use a tactic where the strenghts of those players will be used so they look good. Ferguson could make average players look good but there arent many who can do that.

Pogba played well for Juventus and France because he played with players who are a lot better than what we have. So the evidence that shows he can play well in a good team is there.

There is a lot more wrong with our team than just Paul Pogba but lets just hope that if we get a new manager that Pogba wont need excuses because he will be playing well. :)
We can't change the whole team for one player to star performing. Agree that we need improvement but I see the other teams stars in the league performing week in week out without all these requirements.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia

He was good against Leicester, Burnley, Watford, Young boys, Wolves. The latter perhaps his best two performances.

Can you name me a player who's performed better and more consistently than him this season for us ?

He's not the type of player that will stand out when the team struggles. He needs movement as any passing player does. Either the team plays better when he plays well or he plays well when the team play well. It's not really fair to focus the blame on an individual who's largely played well, and struggled in games where the whole team is playing poorly. I'd be worried if the team was playing well and he wasn't.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Pretty hard to create when your forwards offer you zero movement.

In the first half especially he had the ball in the centre for about 5 seconds waiting to launch a forward pass. He ended up waiting so long he had to go backwards before he got tackled. It's this sort of piss poor attacking structure that's making us struggle.

Pogba looked much better playing with Ibrahimovic because he timed his forward runs very well. All our forwards right now have awful movement.
Sums up why he's such a frustrating player and that has nothing to do with the movement ahead of him. Someone like Scholes knows exactly what the options are before he receives the ball. If nothing is on, he'll immediately recycle the ball and move in to space to get it again when he might have more options. Passing the ball backwards is fine if it'd done quickly and when no other options are available. Carrick was good at this too, which is why he got unfairly accused of always passing the ball backwards, when he was also capable of excellent forward passes so long as he thought he could attempt them without conceding cheap possession.

The way that Pogba constantly needs to get on the ball and try and fend off a challenge or two, before even thinking about where to pass, drives me up the fecking wall.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Sums up why he's such a frustrating player and that has nothing to do with the movement ahead of him. Someone like Scholes knows exactly what the options are before he receives the ball. If nothing is on, he'll immediately recycle the ball and move in to space to get it again when he might have more options. Passing the ball backwards is fine if it'd done quickly and when no other options are available. Carrick was good at this too, which is why he got unfairly accused of always passing the ball backwards, when he was also capable of excellent forward passes so long as he thought he could attempt them without conceding cheap possession.

The way that Pogba constantly needs to get on the ball and try and fend off a challenge or two, before even thinking about where to pass, drives me up the fecking wall.
While that's true Scholes also played with a much better team that played with more width, there was always an out ball available.

The way we setup there's rarely anybody to pass too, and if he does it's a risky ball. We know he likes to take the ball under pressure and beat his marker, it's just part of his game. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

I've played in midfield most my life and I know exactly how he feels, you look up and expect to see a runner you can play the ball infront of or to their feet and they're just standing there looking at you.

When he plays for France Mbappe / Griezmann etc have much better movement, so he rarely gets caught on it. He either launches a through ball or lays it off and gets forward.

Such fine margins and a matter of seconds makes a big difference.

Stacks

Klopp is managing with Milner, henderson and Wijnaldum in midfield, tactics can do a lot.

el3mel

He was good against Leicester, Burnley, Watford, Young boys, Wolves. The latter perhaps his best two performances.

Can you name me a player who's performed better and more consistently than him this season for us ?

He's not the type of player that will stand out when the team struggles. He needs movement as any passing player does. Either the team plays better when he plays well or he plays well when the team play well. It's not really fair to focus the blame on an individual who's largely played well, and struggled in games where the whole team is playing poorly. I'd be worried if the team was playing well and he wasn't.
Why are you putting him in standard of his teammates when we should be comparing him to the other super stars of each team around ?

He's our super star as much as Hazard, Kane, KDB..etc so he should be performing week in week out at their level. That's not much to ask, and all of them seem to not need as many requirements to perform as we seem to put for Pogba.

Who focused the blame ? Please don't make me say things I didn't. The fact is he has been mostly inconsistent and frustrating with many excuses put for that like his teammates, his manager..etc.

Next season with a new manager around I want to see the midfielder we paid 90m for, leading the team like the superstars of other teams doing. There will be no more excuses and it will be fair assessment. I mean next season will be his fourth!

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I think Pogba has been very good and also garbage at United depending on his week. However, can someone explain to me why he is always a solid 8/10 for France? Does it not CLEARLY indicate he is being mismanaged at United?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I think Pogba has been very good and also garbage at United depending on his week. However, can someone explain to me why he is always a solid 8/10 for France? Does it not CLEARLY indicate he is being mismanaged at United?
He isn't always a 8/10. His performances fluctuate between 4 to 9.

hn4manunited

Just like the poster above pointed out. His performance for France hasn't been consistently good either. He has a lot more quality around him. Just like what Deschamp has come out and said, Pogba needs quality around him to do well. He had that with the France team and Juventus. He was mostly just a supporting cast in a team of quality players. Pogba wasn't pulling the strings for France. He wasn't puling the strings for Juventus. We don't have the kind of quality all over the pitch, hence, needing him to do more and he's not living up to that.

hn4manunited

That is exactly how I feel. IMO, he has the skills and ability on the ball to hold as well as potentially relieve some pressure in certain parts of the pitch. Because of the way he plays, he isn't a player who is good in transition or going forward. He doesn't think ahead of time enough. He is more of a midfielder that Jose bought to play more of a holding role but he doesn't have the desire nor discipline to be depended on. Everyone sees flair and automatically think attacking/offensive player. He definitely enjoys and soaks up the attention in a more attacking role.

Esquire

Just like the poster above pointed out. His performance for France hasn't been consistently good either. He has a lot more quality around him. Just like what Deschamp has come out and said, Pogba needs quality around him to do well. He had that with the France team and Juventus. He was mostly just a supporting cast in a team of quality players. Pogba wasn't pulling the strings for France. He wasn't puling the strings for Juventus. We don't have the kind of quality all over the pitch, hence, needing him to do more and he's not living up to that.
In other words, he is not a 90m superstar midfielder. We shouldn’t hope for him to be.

Think his midfield partners are actually quite complimentary of his skills (Fred, Matic). I do agree with some posters that the forwards are the problems. I would say Lingard is a willing runner but let’s fact it, he ain’t Martial or Rashford in terms of sheer talent. Sanchez just wants to clog the middle and does not have the speed to get past his man on the wing. Lukaku has pace but actually cannot hold the ball up that well.

el3mel

I don't watch him as often as you might but just from my observations at the world cup he was 8/10 I think
He was good at World Cup but it's starting to get over blown about his performance for National team thanks to it. He wasn't applauded much for his performance for France before it actually.

hn4manunited

In other words, he is not a 90m superstar midfielder. We shouldn’t hope for him to be.

Think his midfield partners are actually quite complimentary of his skills (Fred, Matic). I do agree with some posters that the forwards are the problems. I would say Lingard is a willing runner but let’s fact it, he ain’t Martial or Rashford in terms of sheer talent. Sanchez just wants to clog the middle and does not have the speed to get past his man on the wing. Lukaku has pace but actually cannot hold the ball up that well.
I'm not even stating whether lingard, martial, sanchez, and rashford are good enough. We simply don't have the combination of maturity, experience, and quality that Pogba has played with (Juventus, France) that has provided success for him in many people's eyes. I'm not even saying he was successful. The success scale is relative. He contributed a part in the teams' successes.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Why are you putting him in standard of his teammates when we should be comparing him to the other super stars of each team around ?

He's our super star as much as Hazard, Kane, KDB..etc so he should be performing week in week out at their level. That's not much to ask, and all of them seem to not need as many requirements to perform as we seem to put for Pogba.

Who focused the blame ? Please don't make me say things I didn't. The fact is he has been mostly inconsistent and frustrating with many excuses put for that like his teammates, his manager..etc.

Next season with a new manager around I want to see the midfielder we paid 90m for, leading the team like the superstars of other teams doing. There will be no more excuses and it will be fair assessment. I mean next season will be his fourth!

Extremely unfair to remove context. The other players you mentioned are they playing in teams which function better than ours ? I'd be very interested to see how Pogba would perform in a better team. In addition Kane, how's his form been this season ? Hazard last season ? Your telling me he's consistent? KDB had a period mid season last season where even my City mates were telling me he'd gone right off the boil.

If you don't like the player it doesn't really give you the right to remove all context and suggest other players are consistent when Kane for example has just been through another bad run of form ffs.

el3mel

Extremely unfair to remove context. The other players you mentioned are they playing in teams which function better than ours ? I'd be very interested to see how Pogba would perform in a better team. In addition Kane, how's his form been this season ? Hazard last season ? Your telling me he's consistent? KDB had a period mid season last season where even my City mates were telling me he'd gone right off the boil.

If you don't like the player it doesn't really give you the right to remove all context and suggest other players are consistent when Kane for example has just been through another bad run of form ffs.
Hazard isn't playing for a team full of superstars does he ? His 2 companions in the attack are Giroud and Willian ffs. He had led his team to 2 title wins under 2 different coaches and won PFA player of the year in one of them. When Pogba does half of that for United, just half of it we can start comparing.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia

goin4glory

Pogba will stay because even if you disagree with him being world class he's still our best player. It speaks volumes on how bad our transfer policy has been that he's relied on this much.

James Peril

It takes one good game under a new manager, heck even thirty great minutes or a goal, and every single moaner on here would forget Pogba’s so-called sulking. I for one don’t think he’s been so bad, he is reporting for training and playing every game, it’s not like he’s doing a Balotelli here.

If we get a new manager and Pogba is content, there’s going to be a lot of eggs on faces.

hn4manunited

If we looked at his career so far, the managers haven't built a team around him. He has been played as a part of the team. Building a team around Pogba will yield inconsistent results because he is inconsistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.