Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drz

Pog Ba's Coming Home, He's coming home, he's....

Litch

Its really not. He was far more self indulgent playing for United, whilst France he was playing with discipline, maturity, grit, sacrifice. How many times did he, take pointless long shots, dilly dally on the ball, dribble in his own half, let other players track markers, showboat, stroll around the pitch, shun defensive duties?
there seemed a big attitudinal change in this tournament and his decision making improved with it
Sorry, you can cheery pick the negative narrative if you like, I'll pick the positive ones.

Phil

Dabbing with Macron on instagram live.

Souness is fuming right now.

marktan

Fecking sign some decent forward players already. Playing with Mbappe and Griezman lets him show his quality, with us he has to pass 5m to Sanchez or Mata and wait for them to just pass it straight back to him. Or to Lingard and Rashford and watch them lose it.

I swear him and Mahrez would've linked up very well, but we let that ship sail.

Kearnkoff69

He had an excellent tournament, and he came through with a cracking goal on the biggest stage. Very happy for him, and very excited to watch him more consistently have those sort of performances in our colors this year.

togg

He's been great in this world cup, he hasn't always been great for United over the last two seasons.....but what's the reason? Mourinho? Coaches? The way we play? The quality of the team around him? I just don't know.....

In Rainbows

His pass for the 3rd goal seemed awfully familiar to another final

hmmm

Almost. That was the FA youth cup final.

Treble

Top game, great tournament. Deserves to make the best XI.

Loublaze

ATLien
He's been great in this world cup, he hasn't always been great for United over the last two seasons.....but what's the reason? Mourinho? Coaches? The way we play? The quality of the team around him? I just don't know.....
Are you really comparing two whole seasons with three weeks? Pogba has shown more brilliance for United than what he's shown this world cup. Im sick and tired of people on this 'why can't he do this for United' or 'Mourinho is not using him right' mess. Deschamps has played Pogba in a very similar role that Mourinho plays him in. They are both very pragmatic managers.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Great stuff, delighted for Pogba. Very good tournament overall and an excellent final performance.

I don't think he's been a different player, as some say. He just had a slightly different role in a stronger collective that didn't overuse his individual quality, like United does at times.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Made the golden ball winner look average.

For the people that can't see Pogba's quality I hope you now open your eyes.

Canagel

Fecking sign some decent forward players already. Playing with Mbappe and Griezman lets him show his quality, with us he has to pass 5m to Sanchez or Mata and wait for them to just pass it straight back to him. Or to Lingard and Rashford and watch them lose it.

I swear him and Mahrez would've linked up very well, but we let that ship sail.
Pogba and Mbappe has been the most powerful combination in the world cup They have built a very strong understanding on the pitch. Each player knows what the other is going to do. You need these kind of partnerships to build teams. The kind of partnerships that don't exist at United because our attacking players look like strangers to each other most of the time. Rashford has the pace but needs an attacking coach to help him with the quality of his runs like Mbappe already has. Martial is more of a striker in his movement and his strengths lie more in his finishing but he could easily play up front and be the focal point but also link up with the other attackers, almost like an upgrade on Giroud. Lingard and Mata don't fit into this imo. They aren't good enough. We were sleeping on Mahrez. Desperately need someone who can beat players.

Last edited:

spiriticon

Loving those pictures.

Honoured to have a World champion as a Red Devil. We don't have enough of those.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
A big player who stepped up for Les Bleus even when Kante was sub par and taken off....

Paul Pogba world Champion...

Revaulx

Are you really comparing two whole seasons with three weeks? Pogba has shown more brilliance for United than what he's shown this world cup.
Really?
Im sick and tired of people on this 'why can't he do this for United' or 'Mourinho is not using him right' mess. Deschamps has played Pogba in a very similar role that Mourinho plays him in. They are both very pragmatic managers.
Now this I do agree with. If you honestly think he’s been no better in the WC there’s no point in pursuing it, but I believe he has been and wonder why. As you say, it’s not the role. If it’s his mental attitude, why is it so poor at United? Are France’s players really that much better than United’s? Does he simply not like Jose and finds it hard to motivate himself playing for him? Does he need a greater degree of direction and instruction than he gets at United? I have no idea.

Moonred

His execution for the pass that eventually led to his goal was sublime. Had another couple equally good. Poor first half with little to show, was great once Kante came off. Lot of discipline and defensive work to round off a great final performance. Best player on the pitch along with Griezmann. Let’s hope he has a stellar season for us. The class is unquestionable.

Deleted member 101472

Honestly, I think he needs to take the captains armband for next season.

He’s demonstrated what we already knew over the tournament, that he has the ability to be the best all round midfielder in the world. If I’m not mistaken, he’s our most decorated player trophy wise and this WC win should take him to another level.

Dante

Average bang
It's VERY telling that Pogba was brilliant playing in a deeper, disciplined MC/DMC role:

I hope this World Cup shows how ideal Pogba is for that position.

Then only time Pogba has produced top class numbers is in Serie A. His numbers dropped in the CL for Juve. And judging by his performances for both United and France, Attacking Midfield is not where you get the best out of him at the top level.

Let's stop trying to 'free' him. Instead, he should be our dominant midfield presence whose main role should be to free up the players ahead of him. Whatever teambuilding we do this Summer should be focused on that.

RedPamie

So happy for him. His performance in this tournament was class! Hopefully we'll see more of this version of him in coming season with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.