Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Loublaze

ATLien
If we're a proper football club we need to cash on him in a big deal and bring some quality players that are consistent and not very much up their arse when they step on the pitch. He will never be someone to build the team around, because he's inconsistent and moody as hell and these days will keep happening from time to time. All quality in the world but with this inconsistency he'll be only good in a squad full of world class players to bail him out whenever he decides he's not in the mood to perform today.

I will take a player who gives a consistent 7/10 performance any day ahead of someone who performs a 9/10 in a game followe by a stinker 3/10 the next game. We are more likely to win something with the former.

And people need to stop comparing him to the likes of Ronaldo and Hazard. These guys win their team Leagues and CLs, and under different managers with different set ups. They win games on their own. Pogba is nowhere near them.

He will good as a cog in a machine of world class all around and there's no English club going to have a full squad of world class players. Cash and bring some good players. Cash on Lukaku and Sanchez and sack Mourinho too. Time to stop being a business company and return to being a football club.
Pogba is a CM, how can you even compare him to forwards? The younger Pogba is more decorated than Hazard and he led his his team to a WC triumph to boot, scoring in the final. Hazard has a better supporting cast around him as well at Chelsea

Loublaze

ATLien
I agree he’s probably our best player, his high level is much higher than anyone else. But his low level is worse than Phil Jones and Ashley young. Just consider that for a second. His bad games are worse than theirs.
Im sorry man but this is simply not true in my opinion. You're stating it as if its a fact. Jones has cost us games before. You have a short memory. Pogba's high level supersedes anything else. He had a stinker today, it happens. Last season he put Arsenal and City to the sword. He's a massive player for us and we need him if we have any chance at making top four or even a European spot this season

Loublaze

ATLien
He’s obviously got talent but I can’t help but think we’d be better with somebody like Milinkovic-Savic and say... Ramsey in there.

Pogba tries to be too cute. He takes too many touches and tries to turn everything into a .GIF. I’m getting tired of him trying to be fancy and losing possession. Scholes, Keane, Carrick, Fletcher all kept it simple and that’s why they were so successful here. Pogba has all these tricks in his locker and he’s confused about which ones to use. Just fecking play it simple.
Do you watch him week in week out? Most people here hardly even knew him when United were heavily linked to him and some Serie A watchers warned about his inconsistency. He looked dire in the CL last season and im not going to pretend i've been following him since. Seems like another overpriced football manager type signing. Ramsey is a player who I doubt will ever unlock his full potential due to his poor fitness record

Deleted member 101472

Im sorry man but this is simply not true in my opinion. You're stating it as if its a fact. Jones has cost us games before. You have a short memory. Pogba's high level supersedes anything else. He had a stinker today, it happens. Last season he put Arsenal and City to the sword. He's a massive player for us and we need him if we have any chance at making top four or even a European spot this season
Putting arsenal to the sword last season is hardly worth writing home about. I have never seen jones or young make such glaringly unexplainable errors as pogba did today. It’s basic basic stuff and they were just the worse examples in a highlight reel of pogba feck ups.

WPMUFC

Pogba is the best talent at our club. The problem is that he drops to the poor level that the team is playing at and refuses to try and pull the team up.

Herrera and Rashford stood out today, not based on pure world beating skills, simply because they cared. Pogba gets dragged down to the shit level of football and then he shows it with dancing feet and giving the ball away every 2 seconds.

I almost feel like you have to play Pogba and Herrera together all the time because Herrera is literally the only player in the entire squad that cares about every single minute of a game.

Pogba really needs a Keano next to him, but herrera is close enough to pull Pogba's attitude out of the toilet.

Ashley R1+O

I'm actually amazed that everyone here seems to be in agreement that he wasn't putting in any effort and was dicking about and yet some people are still defending him.

Surely not making any effort is the ultimate insult to fans?
I genuinely think that this fan mentality is equally part of the problem.

Deleted member 101472

I’m fecking tired of the “its mourinhos fault” shite.

It’s almost universally agreed that he was playing for himself today and not mourinho. So what we were seeing was him attempting to express himself outwith the confines of tactical instruction and he was absolutely woeful. Guy needs a right kick up the arse and a right good bollocking, his attitude is a joke. SAF would have shipped this version of him out by now and rightfully so

el3mel

Pogba is a CM, how can you even compare him to forwards? The younger Pogba is more decorated than Hazard and he led his his team to a WC triumph to boot, scoring in the final. Hazard has a better cast of players around him as well at Chelsea
I can't imagine the level of contradiction in this post. It's too obvious it's funny how you went on and posted it. You are saying that Pogba won more than Hazard and won CL then say Hazard has better players around him at Chelsea. Pogba had/has far far better teams to play with in both Juve and France when he won things than what Hazard ever has had with Chelsea. He's getting exposed here because he's asked to run the show instead of being a normal cog in the machine, not the team star BS. Hazard has been winning games on his own. He's used to running the show in different teams for Chelsea, with different teammates, and under different managers with different set ups. He had played under defensive managers like Mourinho and Conte and won them both the league, winning PFA POTY in one of them. He's playing gread under offensive manager like Sarri now. He played great for a great Chelsea team, as well as great for an average Chelsea team ( like the team of this season ).

Pogba isn't going to succeed unless we bring him a Juve or France esque teammates to bail him out when needed and makes him just a clog in the machine. It's not going to happen here. No English club can afford him that. He will be asked in any English team to play a proper CM role as no one will be covering for his arse. He will need to intercept, tackle and pass forward after all that not just drooling around waiting for someone else to cut the ball and give it to him to make the pass. He doesn't even try to press the player who cuts the ball from him. He will run with these things with loads of other world class players covering for his arse but not in any English team. When Fabregas stopped doing any kind of CM role for Chelsea and became useless when the opposition has the ball depsite his quality in passing he was dropped for good.

If he's not going to be a proper CM, and he can't play as the star man of the team because of his inconsistency and moody, then what's exactly the point of him ? Waiting for his great games and his tricks in youtube highlight to talk about how high his quality is? If he's not going to do both consistently then what's the point ? Cash and bring players who are going to do the dirty job in midfield consistently without being much up their arses.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
If he's not going to be a proper CM, and he can't play as the star man of the team because of his inconsistency and moody, then what's exactly the point of him ? Waiting for his great games and his tricks in youtube highlight to talk about how high his quality is? If he's not going to do both consistently then what's the point ? Cash and bring players who are going to do the dirty job in midfield consistently without being much up their arses.
Literally been my view since he signed.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I think the next manger will have the smart sense to move him on.

Red_toad

I think the next manger will have the smart sense to move him on.
He’ll probably up his game instantly so everyone can blame Jose for him not turning up for months. He looks very much a luxury player right now...

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He’ll probably up his game instantly so everyone can blame Jose for him not turning up for months. He looks very much a luxury player right now...
He was always a luxury player. I remember when he joined people would say he needed a defensive midfielder and an orchestrator to "unleash" him for creative duties.

Truth is, if you pay 89m for a player to operate under very specific circumstances you've really fecked up. Jose or Woody, whoever it is.. I don't really care anymore. Its a mistake either way

In Rainbows

It seems the theme from those fans nearest the club, they despise talent that isn't 100% on show for every game, they will never be hard on a player that is willing but desperately not good enough.

This team and the culture around it do not promote talent, as we are seeing more frequently now with Zaha, Memphis and Januzaj.
The triers are given 7-8 years to tread water in this team, the talent is driven away by negative environment.

The people who watch this and make Pogba the object of their anger, deserve this football that's on show.
Spot on.

I don't have a problem with those criticizing his performance. He wasn't good. That's a fact.

However, those that want him out of the club and are coming up with BS reasons like he's too inconsistent and he's a primadonna need to have a hard look at themselves. I'm fed up with trying to keep the low quality Hard workers over the talented players. These people clearly have a bias for a certain type of player. It's a fact that Pogba has been our best performing player outside of de Gea. Yet his consistency is questioned because his ceiling is more removed from his lower level. That doesn't mean his low level of performance is worse than others. It just means other players can't reach the heights he can and their good performances are closer to their floor.

How is Pogba to blame for consistency, yet almost the entire squad has been worse this entire season? If we're judging on this season, he and de Gea should be the last to leave the club.

It's pure nonsense to want to get rid of the best talent because you don't like the optics of said player.

Last edited:

Hisha

Supports
OLE OLE OLE I LOVE YOU
What a disgusting performance from our most expensive signing!!! He was happily giving away the ball just like Christmas gifts..:mad::mad::mad:

Losing the ball like that is criminal, but his reaction to it is absolutely horrendous. He is an excellent player, but should we keep him if he is only turning up once in 5 matches?

Last edited:

In Rainbows

He is an excellent player, but should we keep him if he is only turning up once in 5 matches?
Yes because outside of de Gea he's been our best player. If you want to get rid of Pogba, you should want rid of everyone at the club except for de Gea.

But yeah, those two lapses in concentration were bad. He needs to do better and I'm confident he will.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I’m fecking tired of the “its mourinhos fault” shite.

It’s almost universally agreed that he was playing for himself today and not mourinho. So what we were seeing was him attempting to express himself outwith the confines of tactical instruction and he was absolutely woeful. Guy needs a right kick up the arse and a right good bollocking, his attitude is a joke. SAF would have shipped this version of him out by now and rightfully so
I think some people are too binary in their logic. Regardless of how Mourinho sets the team up, there is a bare minimum expected from players. Pogba was shocking yesterday, he's a great player but his attitude stinks in some games and whether he doesn't like Jose or not he should do better.

Yes because outside of de Gea he's been our best player. If you want to get rid of Pogba, you should want rid of everyone at the club except for de Gea.

But yeah, those two lapses in concentration were bad. He needs to do better and I'm confident he will.
I will never want Pogba to leave the club (well unless he does something really fecked up) because we cannot afford to at the moment. The problem is that he knows this and he is using it to coast in some games

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Souness is 100% correct about him but United fans treat him like some meme.

The day Pogba leaves United will be worthy of celebration. He is poison.

Loublaze

ATLien
Putting arsenal to the sword last season is hardly worth writing home about. I have never seen jones or young make such glaringly unexplainable errors as pogba did today. It’s basic basic stuff and they were just the worse examples in a highlight reel of pogba feck ups.
You really have forgotten how many times Jones has fecked up haven't you?

Under no pressure whatsover

Another recent example is his inexplicable poor last ditch defending that gifted Chelsea a penalty in the FA cup final and ultimately cost United the game. Jones has his own highlight reel of stupid play over the years. Pogba has nothing on him in this sense

Slevs

likes to play with penises
I'm actually amazed that everyone here seems to be in agreement that he wasn't putting in any effort and was dicking about and yet some people are still defending him.

Surely not making any effort is the ultimate insult to fans?
Careful, you'll be called a Jose rectum dweller and all the Pogfans will be on your back in no time.

Loublaze

ATLien
I can't imagine the level of contradiction in this post. It's too obvious it's funny how you went on and posted it. You are saying that Pogba won more than Hazard and won CL then say Hazard has better players around him at Chelsea. Pogba had/has far far better teams to play with in both Juve and France when he won things than what Hazard ever has had with Chelsea. He's getting exposed here because he's asked to run the show instead of being a normal cog in the machine, not the team star BS. Hazard has been winning games on his own. He's used to running the show in different teams for Chelsea, with different teammates, and under different managers with different set ups. He had played under defensive managers like Mourinho and Conte and won them both the league, winning PFA POTY in one of them. He's playing gread under offensive manager like Sarri now. He played great for a great Chelsea team, as well as great for an average Chelsea team ( like the team of this season ).

Pogba isn't going to succeed unless we bring him a Juve or France esque teammates to bail him out when needed and makes him just a clog in the machine. It's not going to happen here. No English club can afford him that. He will be asked in any English team to play a proper CM role as no one will be covering for his arse. He will need to intercept, tackle and pass forward after all that not just drooling around waiting for someone else to cut the ball and give it to him to make the pass. He doesn't even try to press the player who cuts the ball from him. He will run with these things with loads of other world class players covering for his arse but not in any English team. When Fabregas stopped doing any kind of CM role for Chelsea and became useless when the opposition has the ball depsite his quality in passing he was dropped for good.

How did Hazard perform when Mourinho turned to shit though? He (and his teammates) refused to show up, became a pale shadow of the player we all know. Chelsea avoided the same fate with Conte because there was a lot of discontent before he was given the sack. My contention is that the same thing is happening to our players under Mourinho. The problems in the dressing room have been talked about to death. I never said Pogba won the CL, I said he's more decorated than Hazard and he's two years younger. Hazard's current teammates are better than Pogba's, that's why I mentioned that at the end. Pogba has to contend with partners like Matic and Fellaini. Three years in Mourinho still doesn't know how best to deploy Pogba. I don't think he's a proper CM, he should be further up the field and this is the general consensus.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
What a disgusting performance from our most expensive signing!!! He was happily giving away the ball just like Christmas gifts..:mad::mad::mad:

Losing the ball like that is criminal, but his reaction to it is absolutely horrendous. He is an excellent player, but should we keep him if he is only turning up once in 5 matches?
Sums Pogba up. He's got brilliance that midfielders, even the best ones, rarely have. But sadly he's also got serious flaws in his decision making that the very best tend not to have. I suppose these things get exposed more in an average team.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form

In a post-match dressing down delivered in front of the entire United team, Mourinho is understood to have called Pogba “a virus”. According to a dressing-room source, Pogba was admonished with the words: “You don't play. You don't respect players and supporters. And you kill the mentality of the good honest people around you.”

Gordon S

Pogba is a very good player, in the last third of the pitch. With good players around him that knows how and were to move. With good players behind him that defend well in midfield. He does look terrible at times with us, with the way we play.

But he gives us more good moments than bad, and it's not even close.

el3mel

How did Hazard perform when Mourinho turned to shit though? He (and his teammates) refused to show up, became a pale shadow of the player we all know. Chelsea avoided the same fate with Conte because there was a lot of discontent before he was given the sack. My contention is that the same thing is happening to our players under Mourinho. The problems in the dressing room have been talked about to death. I never said Pogba won the CL, I said he's more decorated than Hazard and he's two years younger. Hazard's current teammates are better than Pogba's, that's why I mentioned that at the end. Pogba has to contend with partners like Matic and Fellaini. Three years in Mourinho still doesn't know how best to deploy Pogba. I don't think he's a proper CM, he should be further up the field and this is the general consensus.
Hazard won PFA player of the year and won the league the previous year under Mourinho, so when he turned to shite the next season it was clear the problem isn't in him. Next season, he won Conte the league again, so when he had an average next season ( not bad, average one), it was clear the problem isn't in him too. This is the problem with the logic of throwing Ronaldo and Hazard problems to excuse Pogba. These guys actually won their teams big trophies, and played great under Mourinho at some point before falling out with him.

On the other hand, Pogba has done sweet feck all for us and in PL since he joined, and his success was with teams full of world class players. He has never been shown to be able to play the main super star of the team. Wasn't and isn't at Juve and France, unlike Hazard who is always the main focus of his team. He got exposed here from the very first season when he was given this role. He keeps having the same problem, having a great game followed by a stinker, even in his first season when his relationship with Mourinho was still good. Same problems. His inconsistency and moody atittude has been his theme here.

If he's unable to play the super star role and drag the team up week in week out then there's no point of him, because he's not a proper CM anyway, doesn't press, doesn't tackle, doesn't intercept and useless when the opposition has the ball so if he's not going to be the player dragging his team forward every match like the rest of the PL big teams superstar, then what's the point ? I don't get it.

Last edited:

izec

That reminded me of Sevilla when he came on and did everything wrong on purpose, just here he did it for a whole game. feck me, what a scumbag

Boycott

I'm struggling to think of a top name player who has a lower bottom level than him.

Red_Aaron

He's super talented but to say he lacks discipline is an understatement!
You want a player like that in your team but he can't be the fulcrum of it, he's not trustworthy. France got away with it having kante clean up around him but juve had him wide which is where we should have him imo, unfortunately we don't have a good enough centre mid around which to build the team instead.
Last night was a horrible performance from an established player and to think there are still those who lambast saf for not playing teenage pogba in a crucial away game during the title run in!

In Rainbows

If he's unable to play the super star role and drag the team up week in week out then there's no point of him, because he's not a proper CM anyway, doesn't press, doesn't tackle, doesn't intercept and useless when the opposition has the ball so if he's not going to be the player dragging his team forward every match like the rest of the PL big teams superstar, then what's the point ? I don't get it.
How is there no point to him? He's a creator. He's the least of our problems in midfield. No idea why you would want rid. I wish Pogba was the weak link. Then that would be a ridiculous midfield.

jmaggio

He was atrocious yesterday, as were many other individuals including lionheart matic.

I think José is deliberately trying to turn the fans on pogba again. He under performed but it hasn’t been Pogba who has set the team up and put in place the static, defensive tactics for the last 3 years.

GM K

Matic was fabulous most of last season. I wonder why he still could not 'unlock' Pogba then. Pogba has been tried everywhere (deep lying, CM, attacking midfield, left of the midfield, free role etc) and given different partners. Also, different formations have been uses just to 'unlock' him. The captain's band has even been tried. He is certainly a special player.

Nipower888

Supports
Man city
Matic was fabulous most of last season. I wonder why he still could not 'unlock' Pogba then. Pogba has been tried everywhere (deep lying, CM, attacking midfield, left of the midfield, free role etc) and given different partners. Also, different formations have been uses just to 'unlock' him. The captain's band has even been tried. He is certainly a special player.
Matic was decent for a month or two the bad the rest of the way

kyofusho

There's no doubt Pogba is a world class player but it seems at least while he and Mourinho are both at the club you won't consistently see the best from him.

I think given the style of football most would rather see Mourinho leave before Pogba as you could really see him thriving under a dynamic, young and hungry manager (eg, Howe).

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Always excuses for him. His one good game in 4 isn't worth the hassle.

GM K

He was atrocious yesterday, as were many other individuals including lionheart matic.

I think José is deliberately trying to turn the fans on pogba again. He under performed but it hasn’t been Pogba who has set the team up and put in place the static, defensive tactics for the last 3 years.
Excuses after excuses for Pogba. We know Jose is as good as gone as things are going. No problem with that as long as the club makes progress. But I look forward to posting here to remind people of what I have said several times: Pogba is an inconsistent genius. He was at Juventus, he has been with France, he is at United and unless he improves, he will continue to be wherever he plays. He is the kind of player that wows you in one moment or one game and then makes you wonder why he is half arsed the next moment or game. You can't rely on such a player to lead a renaissance. Unfortunately, that is what United has been trying to do.

I think a player of Pogba's talent should be kept but we must stop relying on him to provide leadership and to continue to bear the burden of being our best player. He just can't handle that.

el3mel

How is there no point to him? He's a creator. He's the least of our problems in midfield. No idea why you would want rid. I wish Pogba was the weak link. Then that would be a ridiculous midfield.
If he's not going to do it consistently there's no point of him. I want my superstar to drag the team up when they are struggling like the rest or the top teams super stars not to be a moody, inconsistent player who falls with the rest when they are poor and has days when he decides he's not in the mood today.

If he's not going to be like that then I don't find the point with him, since he's a useless CM without a ball. We can get a cheaper, good creator CM that bothers to press and tackles when we don't have the ball if it's problem.

But as of now Pogba is supposedly our super star not just a creator. You don't pay 89m for a player who drops a 9/10 followed by a stinker depending on his mood. If he's not going to do a CM job then he needs to be on fire whenever he gets the ball.

In Rainbows

If he's not going to do it consistently there's no point of him. I want my superstar to drag the team up when they are struggling like the rest or the top teams super stars not to be a moody, inconsistent player who falls with the rest when they are poor and has days when he decides he's not in the mood today.

If he's not going to be like that then I don't find the point with him, since he's a useless CM without a ball. We can get a cheaper, good creator CM that bothers to press and tackles when we don't have the ball if it's problem.

But as of now Pogba is supposedly our super star not just a creator. You don't pay 89m for a player who drops a 9/10 followed by a stinker depending on his mood. If he's not going to do a CM job then he needs to be on fire whenever he gets the ball.
Why is it that only Pogba can be a superstar? Who made that rule? Even if Pogba was putting in 10/10 performances every match, why would you not want another midfielder who can run the show with his passing? We need to add to Pogba, not take Pogba away.

You're letting the price tag judge your view on the player. I would rather have someone at that price tag, not live up to that price tag, rather than someone who isn't as good, but lives up to his price tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.