g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Paul Pogba image 6

Paul Pogba France flag

2018-19 Performances

View full 2018-19 profile

5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Err that part is hard to understand, but Mendy is saying this, more or less.

Listen,
Since the ??? (Le Havre, seems to be)
It was around 17 dec 2007
We went to school at Theophil Gautier
we went to Montesquieu
He went to Manchester
I was still at the ??? but I signed pro
Later, he became pro at Manchester
He arrived at the Juventus
I went to Marseille
I went to Monaco
He was striking from his left kick at the Juventus
He was putting some Pogboom at the Juventus
He went to United
I was at Monaco a year
I went to Manchester (Not sure about that part)
It's the same family, United and City, but it's Manchester
And now, national squad, EDF, the second star, and Thank You
Thanks for putting my mind at rest!

I thought it was Matuidi saying "he went back to Manchester, will he also come back to Juve?"

Anyway... cheers for the translation!

padzilla

Hipster
Does it come down to the fact that ultimately it will be Pogba or Jose in the long-term?

Jon_Tipper1992

Was outstanding in the World Cup, one of the players of the tournament and silenced a lot of haters.
For me he has all the ability in the world, our most talented centre mid since Scholes but I do agree with people who say he doesn't do it on a consistent basis.
Game against Palace away last season summed him up. First half walking around trying to do outrageous passes like for a Youtube montage. Second half kept it simple, worked hard and was vital to us coming back from 2-0 down to win the game.
After the World Cup, we have seen what he can do if he turns up consistently, and it is very promising as he can be our best player, and no doubt United captain in the near future. Having two players behind him (Matic,Herrera or Fred) needs to happen every week for us to get the best out of him.
Fingers crossed hey!

sugar_kane

I hope the World Cup win doesn't go to his head. He was great and disciplined but had some serious mentality issues at points last year.

The biggest joke is that all season the pundits went on about how Mourinho was caging him and not giving him freedom - Deschamps does the same and is lauded for it (and somehow Mourinho not giving him freedom is reference? Talk about cognitive dissonance)

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Just looking at the first page of the performances forum, it’s noticeable how much his name stands out.

My fear here is that if we don’t move forward, we will be in a weak position when clubs come for him.

keener

Hopefully the Juve garbage is just noise.. Surely they can't afford what we would demand to sell him.

I just rewatched our City, Liverpool and Arse-nal game from last year and Pogba was a huge part of our attack. He's so strong and creative. I believe we should put him atop a midfield triangle and let him create for us. He has Fellaini strength and Mata touch and vision.

ash_86

The Pogba we saw at the wc seems to be different than what we're seeing for the club. He didn't ponder on the ball , didn't try out any fancy moves, no fancy hair colors, kept it simple and passed almost instantly many times . Why can't we see that Pogba in a United shirt event though Mourinho had told him multiple times to keep it simple? Was he doing to piss off Mou? Has he matured suddenly? Lots of quotations needs answering. But if he wants to do it , he certainly could

keener

It wouldn't be bad if we began using Paul like Barcalona used Xavi. Play to him so he can play simple and quick, move forward and know he'll get the ball back to create.

haram

The Pogba we saw at the wc seems to be different than what we're seeing for the club. He didn't ponder on the ball , didn't try out any fancy moves, no fancy hair colors, kept it simple and passed almost instantly many times . Why can't we see that Pogba in a United shirt event though Mourinho had told him multiple times to keep it simple? Was he doing to piss off Mou? Has he matured suddenly? Lots of quotations needs answering. But if he wants to do it , he certainly could
It's funny because he played for France the way Mourinho wants him to play yet some people think he is being ruined at United.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Hopefully his performances at the World Cup will stop the "Pogba can't play in a 2 man midfield" bollocks. He's a world class midfielder of course He's capable. When We signed Pogba We didn't sign a sunday league makeshift central midfielder who'll keep insisting "We're still in this" even when his team are 9-2 down. He's a real quality.

But now We've signed Fred We're most likely gonna play with a 3 man midfield anyway. Hopefully We'll be seeing the best of him in red shirt soon!

ash_86

It's funny because he played for France the way Mourinho wants him to play yet some people think he is being ruined at United.
Exactly. When asked about Pogba in the recent press conference , Mou literally said the same . He had to do what he did for France

meamth

The aftermath of World Cup still doesn't help with his reputation either, all the haters/jealous cnuts still calling him overrated.

Well, if you got a lot of haters, it means you're damn good.

ZenMaster Coltrane

It's funny how you think the France setup, his role, his teammates, the manager, the tactical effectiveness are the same. Just can't bother with meticulously dismantling this notion. Simply put, none of it's the same. Pogba can make mistakes for France...Deschamps does not ponder and stew on them like Mourinho. It allows a freedom that Mourinho seems to want to drill out of his midfielders.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
It's funny how you think the France setup, his role, his teammates, the manager, the tactical effectiveness are the same. Just can't bother with meticulously dismantling this notion. Simply put, none of it's the same. Pogba can make mistakes for France...Deschamps does not ponder and stew on them like Mourinho. It allows a freedom that Mourinho seems to want to drill out of his midfielders.
Not really, not long ago, just before the World Cup there was a serious consideration to actually drop Pogba from the starting 11. Thank goodness it didn't reach that level because we would never have won the world cup otherwise. Deschamps is almost as demanding as Mourinho and Pogba transforming himself for the World cup is a consequence of a serious discussion between him and Deschamps (among many other things of course).
From an individual POV, there are some things Pobga can bring with him for Man United. The rest depends on his teammates and how Mourinho wants him to perform.

Not really, not long ago, just before the World Cup there was a serious consideration to actually drop Pogba from the starting 11. Thank goodness it didn't reach that level because we would never have won the world cup otherwise. Deschamps is almost as demanding as Mourinho and Pogba transforming himself for the World cup is a consequence of a serious discussion between him and Deschamps (among many other things of course).
From an individual POV, there are some things Pobga can bring with him for Man United. The rest depends on his teammates and how Mourinho wants him to perform.
What is quite clear is Deschamps built the team, or certainly the midfield at least, around Pogba. The whole focus was on Kante + the 3rd midfielder getting the ball to Pogba, to feed Mbappe and Griezmann. Mourinho is unwilling to do that at the moment.

kouroux

What is quite clear is Deschamps built the team, or certainly the midfield at least, around Pogba. The whole focus was on Kante + the 3rd midfielder getting the ball to Pogba, to feed Mbappe and Griezmann. Mourinho is unwilling to do that at the moment.
Yes, very true. Deschamps realized that while Pogba doesn't have to be the star of his team, he needed him to be main passer in midfield. The one who would make the transition from defense to attack very smooth with his slick passing. It's like he really specified his role, less responsibilities in general but a defined and precise role. Honestly there is a lot to learn from the WC because this Pogba doesn't require the team to make huge adjustments to get the best out of him. A few minor tweaks, hopefully the inclusion of Fred could help in that regard.

However I already dislike what Mourinho said about him during his press conference. I really hope behind the camera he realizes that he has to change a few things too.

Yes, very true. Deschamps realized that while Pogba doesn't have to be the star of his team, he needed him to be main passer in midfield. The one who would make the transition from defense to attack very smooth with his slick passing. It's like he really specified his role, less responsibilities in general but a defined and precise role. Honestly there is a lot to learn from the WC because this Pogba doesn't require the team to make huge adjustments to get the best out of him. A few minor tweaks, hopefully the inclusion of Fred could help in that regard.

However I already dislike what Mourinho said about him during his press conference. I really hope behind the camera he realizes that he has to change a few things too.
The other problem Mourinho faces is who he has in attack. The great pass in the final to Mbappe, there is no one at the club who can do that. Mbappe knew it was coming and was already at full speed before Pogba even hit it. Rashford has the pace but would be stood still until Pogba made the pass. Lingard has the movement but not the pace or ability to do anything with it once he gets there. Lukaku stays central and drops deep. We have no one making those runs to make Pogba's passes look good.

Bestietom

I hope it is all Bull about Pogba wanting to leave. He and Mourinho need to sort out their differences, we want a fully concentrated Pogba this season.

kouroux

The other problem Mourinho faces is who he has in attack. The great pass in the final to Mbappe, there is no one at the club who can do that. Mbappe knew it was coming and was already at full speed before Pogba even hit it. Rashford has the pace but would be stood still until Pogba made the pass. Lingard has the movement but not the pace or ability to do anything with it once he gets there. Lukaku stays central and drops deep. We have no one making those runs to make Pogba's passes look good.
I know, again you're right. Hopefully (there is zero chance of that tbh) Mourinho implements more movement from the front 3. We have a massive issue with our players and their off the ball movement and that includes our full backs too. Pavard who isn't a real RB and Hernandez who barely played all season long kept bombing forward whenever possible so if you take those players into account plus the front 3, it gave Pogba much more passing options.

Johan07

I know, again you're right. Hopefully (there is zero chance of that tbh) Mourinho implements more movement from the front 3. We have a massive issue with our players and their off the ball movement and that includes our full backs too. Pavard who isn't a real RB and Hernandez who barely played all season long kept bombing forward whenever possible so if you take those players into account plus the front 3, it gave Pogba much more passing options.
This.

To get the best out of Pogba he needs to play in a team that focuses on possession and where he gets to be on the ball as much as possible. But most importantly: his team needs to commit players in front of him so that he has alternatives. It will also give him the option to drive with the ball since he wont be outnumbered and outpressed all the time as he tends to be under Mourinho. Basically he will flourish put in an offensive team. He will do well in a defensive setup as Mourinhos and/or Deschamps as well just because he is a great player. But he wont be what he could be IMO.

Mourinho is so focused on avoiding turnovers/transitions that he typically doesnt allow any type of risk being taken if there is not five or six players behind the ball. Which means that Pogba does not have a lot of alternatives in front of him when he does get on the ball. Which is to seldom as well IMO, since Mourinho doesnt really care about having the ball.

IMO we need to change style of play = manager/coach to get the best out of Pogba. I understand if its true that he ponders a move.

Last edited:

Fluctuation0161

What did Mourinho say about him?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Surprised I haven’t seen any snaps of his holiday so far this year. From following his social media, you would think he hasn’t left the dressing room since the World Cup final!

Jojo <3 Mou

I'm hope that he doesn't become too big-headed by his success.

There is more to be won Paul..more success to be had. Think of this as the beginning instead of the pinnacle.

ZenMaster Coltrane

No actually. That was a media and Caf narrative that never was going to happen. Deschamps knew for months how they were going to play and Pogba was integral to their attacking intentions. He formed the spine (Varane, Kante, Pogba, Mbappe/Griezmann).

kouroux

No actually. That was a media and Caf narrative that never was going to happen. Deschamps knew for months how they were going to play and Pogba was integral to their attacking intentions. He formed the spine (Varane, Kante, Pogba, Mbappe/Griezmann).
All I know sources very close to the french team (well it depends how much you wanna believe sources tbh) said that if Pogba kept on playing like that D.D would seriously consider it.

Status
Not open for further replies.