Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
When our team are playing attacking football with lots of movement up front, Pogba is simply amazing.

haram

Has all the tools to be the best midfielder in the world. POGBA :devil:.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He's a terrific player and was handled poorly by Mourinho. Although I will say that I'd like to him over a prolonged period as I do feel his decision making does hold him back from being one of the very best.

LoveFootball

Has all the tools to be the best midfielder in the world. POGBA :devil:.
He's the best midfielder in the world under the right manager and right system. Jose is an idiot for falling out with such a vital player. And people who wished him to be sold should look at the mirror and question their love for the club. Gary Neville is a clown who have no best interrest of the club, he only care about his new job and personal agenda, and is jealous of Pogba.

Pogba, Martial and Shae will be our most important players in the future.

God I love this game.

haram

He's the best midfielder in the world under the right manager and right system. Jose is an idiot for falling out with such a vital player. And people who wished him to be sold should look at the mirror and question their love for the club. Gary Neville is a clown who have no best interrest of the club, he only care about his new job and personal agenda, and is jealous of Pogba.

God I love this game.
Neville said he liked Pogba and that he is very important for United.

LoveFootball

Neville said he liked Pogba and that he is very important for United.
I don't think he was honest there. How quick he reacted to that innocent instagram post was bizarre.

Or maybe he just wants to score point ....

haram

I don't think he was honest there. How quick he reacted to that innocent instagram post was bizarre.

Or maybe he just wants to score point ....
I think most people can agree that Pogba has tremendous talent. Lets hope he is now fully motivated for the rest of the season.

SER19

Better performance but not even his best of the season so too early to say it had anything to do with a change in manager, pogbas problem has always been consistency or what seem like true lapses in focus. In mourinhos later months this was combined with half arsing it,

Hopefully we see him fluorish but as I said he’s played better many times.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
He's a terrific player and was handled poorly by Mourinho. Although I will say that I'd like to him over a prolonged period as I do feel his decision making does hold him back from being one of the very best.
Another key point to understand is guys like Keita and even KDB they actually miss or mess up a lot of killer passes but their managers build a system which creates more options for them and secondly these players have the licence to go for the killer pass knowing full well their team will soon get the ball back anyway and their team won’t be out of possession much as they will dominate the game regardless.

With Pogba his misplaced passes increase in magnitude because we wouldn’t see the ball again in a while and he was probably our sole creative passer which drew a lot of attention to him if his radar is out of sync.

KDB today has like 5 misplaced passes which were woeful but then he also had some amazing passes and crosses. But you will never hear about that side to KDB as there’s enough good body of work to back up the argument - he gets his passes right more than he will get it wrong and it is worth handing him the main keys in terms of being the guy who supplies the final pass.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"

God I love this game.
Mourinho fell out with Ronaldo at Madrid.

When Ronaldo was giving him 50 plus goals a season.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Good game. A few misplaced passes at the beginning but got better later on.

That pass to Shaw was excellent.

LoveFootball

Another key point to understand is guys like Keita and even KDB they actually miss or mess up a lot of killer passes but their managers build a system which creates more options for them and secondly these players have the licence to go for the killer pass knowing full well their team will soon get the ball back anyway and their team won’t be out of possession much as they will dominate the game regardless.

With Pogba his misplaced passes increase in magnitude because we wouldn’t see the ball again in a while and he was probably our sole creative passer which drew a lot of attention to him if his radar is out of sync.

KDB today has like 5 misplaced passes which were woeful but then he also had some amazing passes and crosses. But you will never hear about that side to KDB as there’s enough good body of work to back up the argument - he gets his passes right more than he will get it wrong and it is worth handing him the main keys in terms of being the guy who supplies the final pass.
This, and it's probably true for all our creative players. When I watch City and Livrrpool, you can notice how often the like of Sterling, Mane, Salah, Sane lose the ball until one or two of their attempts work and them being praised as being consistent. The truth is in what you said there Raees.

Mourinho fell out with Ronaldo at Madrid.

When Ronaldo was giving him 50 plus goals a season.
I said that Mourinho was Merlin. Never seen a man who charms people's mind like him, pratically his acolytes were swallowed every lie his was spouting. Our players deserve apologies from some fans.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
He's given quite a classy interview after the game on Jose, also good interaction with the fans at the end of the game.

ZlatMan

He has to remain focus on the pitch and stay away from the social media. What he has done in Mourinho's final months is unforgivable but he can redeem himself by showing why we bought him for an English record fee.

K2K

He's given quite a classy interview after the game on Jose, also good interaction with the fans at the end of the game.
Pogba has never had any problems with any of his managers before. Always a class act with the fans since he came back here.

Seeing him interact with the squad throughout his time it's obvious he gets on very well with many. The day we won the Europa league is a good example. He was interacting with everyone on the bus, speaking in multiple languages. They are also multiple videos of him with the French team especially from the world cup.

I think he genuinely loves it here. I hope he signs a new deal here and goes on to rightfully claim his place amongst our best players.

K2K

This, and it's probably true for all our creative players. When I watch City and Livrrpool, you can notice how often the like of Sterling, Mane, Salah, Sane lose the ball until one or two of their attempts work and them being praised as being consistent. The truth is in what you said there Raees.

I said that Mourinho was Merlin. Never seen a man who charms people's mind like him, pratically his acolytes were swallowed every lie his was spouting. Our players deserve apologies from some fans.
Mou has that sort of effect on people. I was never falling for it.

redshaw

Brilliant yesterday. Hopefully we can utilize him more in other games further forward, he's so skillful and imaginative. Would be a massive shame to lose him.

Fracture90

His ability to hold the ball, his technique and running with the ball makes him an amazing asset when it comes to playing through the pressing game. Overall an amazing player to watch.

Arka_BleedingRed

God I love this game.
Is that you, Evra? :lol:

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.

God I love this game.
Remember, this is the same manager who also fall out with Hazard, and dump away De Bruyne and Salah, who are arguably all among the 3 best player in the Premier league right now. Pretty amazing, come think of it.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Brighton game was in August.
Yea, a week after the Leicester game, and a couple before the Burnley game and the Watford game. And the Young Boys Game. This notion that he’s not been playing for months is pure bollocks, fuelled by media propaganda that is brainwashing people.

If a player does not play well in a game it doesn’t means he’s downed tools ffs.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

God I love this game.
He’s the best midfielder in the world. Put him in one of the best teams in the world there wouldn’t even be a conversation.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
At Southampton, Pogba completed five dribbles, more than any other player on the pitch, but he was also dispossessed eight times and produced six unsuccessful touches, two figures which were noticeably higher than every other player.

It was a start contrast against Cardiff, when Pogba did not complete a single dribble, but neither was he dispossessed, while he produced just one unsuccessful touch.
Interesting.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Pogba will try new and outrageous things on a football pitch and takes risks. He wins matches and brings that wow factor onto the pitch. However, the negative of this style also increases him making more mistakes than players playing simple football. Unfortunately, players of his ability and flair can look foolish on certain days when things don't go right.

The issue Mourinho had with Pogba, Sanchez, Martial, Rashford and Shaw is him not being a positive/risk-taking coach who likely does not give courage and license to players to express themselves. This is where I think the fallout could have occurred with such players.

This is where Sir Alex was brilliant at giving players courage so that they aren't afraid to make mistakes and allowed to express themselves. This again happened yesterday.

Paul Scholes on my feed kept saying that his performance was nothing special or great.
It wasn’t, but it was good, and it was encouraging to see him play better and with more freedom and moving the ball quicker. He’s been out of the team for a few weeks, he’s playing himself back in.

He’s the best midfielder in the world. Put him in one of the best teams in the world there wouldn’t even be a conversation.
Disagree. The Caf is so knee jerk. He’s obviously not a better player than Modric. The commentator yesterday on BT Sport made a good point, that Pogba is at his best when he’s a complementary player, and not the main man - with ref to Pirlo.

Shackles are off, he’s got the opportunity now to constantly show us what he can do, not in one off games, he needs to do it week in week out. Encouraged by today, but let’s not get ahead of ourselves.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
It wasn’t, but it was good, and it was encouraging to see him play better and with more freedom and moving the ball quicker. He’s been out of the team for a few weeks, he’s playing himself back in.

Disagree. The Caf is so knee jerk. He’s obviously not a better player than Modric. The commentator yesterday on BT Sport made a good point, that Pogba is at his best when he’s a complementary player, and not the main man - with ref to Pirlo.

Shackles are off, he’s got the opportunity now to constantly show us what he can do, not in one off games, he needs to do it week in week out. Encouraged by today, but let’s not get ahead of ourselves.
I’m not ‘knee-jerking’ anything. I’ve been calling him the best midfielder in the world on here for ages. And he’s better than Modric.

Phil Osophy

Why did you have reservations?

Honestly - Paul Pogbas ability on the ball is as good as any midfielder we’ve had at the club. His positioning could improve, and his defensive work, but his sheer talent is outrageous.
No no, his talent is out of question. A player with that technique, creativity and physical attributes all combined is a gem, a unique profile that we're lucky to have. My reservations are mainly about the lack of maturity and consistency that he's showed at times on the field, and also about the commitment with the club. I mean obvious things as holding on the ball for too long, taking wrong decisions, his lazy jogging from time to time, etc.

I'm far from being a Pogba 'hater' but let's not lose the sight of the whole picture. A player of this caliber signed to be the boss of the park shouldn't have these irregular peaks. Also if we believe reports he attempted to leave last summer, so before making him the 'King of Manchester' I want to see certain things and improvements.

The truth is I don't know in which exact measure our poor collective displays, the lack of adventure, movement and ambition in our performances because of the Miserable One, could have affected his game and regularity all this time. And maybe the bad relationship between them was the factor that pushed him to ask for the transfer, if it really happened.

That's the margin of doubt I'm conceding, and why I'm looking forward to see better things from him. Now that Solskjaer will make us play more expansive, aggressive football is the right time for Pogba to show what he's made of. If he's given the right context he has to deliver and he'll probably do, so let's see what happens.

Also, we are in 2019 in a week and his contract expires in 2021. If time goes by and he doesn't renew the contract we'll find ourselves in a 'De Gea - Madrid' escenario again, and I don't expect the fax of the likes of Juve, Barça or PSG to be broken this time. That's why before fully worshipping this guy I want to see certain things. More regularity, positive leadership, and to commit his future with us.

When all this happens I'll become a 'Pogfan' 100 %, I promise. I will dance his favourite moves and whatever is needed. By the moment I'm observing developments.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He’s not better than Modric. That’s clear as day.
Not to me it isn’t. They have different sets of expectations on them, and play for massively different teams. However, if they were both playing for each other’s club side last 3 years, I doubt there’d be an argument. And that’s with Pogba playing as he’s played the last 3 years.

Pogba would get far more credit if we were title challenging. Watchers can’t decide whether they want him to control the game or win the game. Hence he’s always doing something wrong. Anyway, he’s better than Modric.

Not to me it isn’t. They have different sets of expectations on them, and play for massively different teams. However, if they were both playing for each other’s club side last 3 years, I doubt there’d be an argument. And that’s with Pogba playing as he’s played the last 3 years.

Pogba would get far more credit if we were title challenging. Watchers can’t decide whether they want him to control the game or win the game. Hence he’s always doing something wrong. Anyway, he’s better than Modric.
You can’t hypothetically put Pogba in a different team as a way to prove he’s a better player. You actually need to base it on what happens on the pitch.

I suggest you are very much on your own here. There’s no need for a back and forth on this. I respect you have a different opinion, but I cannot agree, and doubt many would that Pogba is the best midfielder in the world. Let’s leave it there.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I thought he was mediocre yesterday. A bit of the same silliness on the ball compared to our other forward players. But it's a new day, he won't be judged on one game.

@Rozay he has the talent to be the best midfielder in the world, but I can count on one hand the games I've seen where he could make that claim, over his career.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
He was never the best midfielder in the world at any point in his career. Come on!

Status
Not open for further replies.