Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolaholic

So you think these people's behaviour is actually Mourinho's fault, rather than their own...?
Not really. As I mentioned in the initial post,I believe that we have a lot of gullible idiots in our fanbase as all fanbases do. It's just that there's a history of this sort of thing happening at Jose's clubs, many of the Chelsea fanbase had turned on their 3 best players who became their 3 top contributors to their title winning season the following year and the Real fanbase was fragmented when he started a deeply personal war in the dressing room.

I'm not saying he's a Goebbell's but he's very skillfull and aware of how to create and control narratives out of self preservation once things start going south with him. He's always had the ability to garner a segment of undying support at all his clubs regardless of how he performs on the job

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Mourinho isn't a hypnotist. Fans behaving like that must be held responsible for their own behaviour/actions.
It's not just Mourinho, it's also the media which is where everybody gets the news about what is happening at the club. Then social media jumps on it and it becomes a circle jerk that keeps drawing more and more people in to it.

It's not just Pogba or football related. It's pretty much how our entire society is at the moment, and very few people realise how much power the media truly wields to easily turn opinion. Yes people should be responsible for their own thoughts and beliefs, but it's easy to strongly influence that outcome if you are the one feeding them the information.

Canagel

Claude Makalele probably has great relationship with Jose hence the comments he made . Which I can understand. he feels sorry for Jose most likely.

BaseFishing

Not really. As I mentioned in the initial post,I believe that we have a lot of gullible idiots in our fanbase as all fanbases do. It's just that there's a history of this sort of thing happening at Jose's clubs, many of the Chelsea fanbase had turned on their 3 best players who became their 3 top contributors to their title winning season the following year and the Real fanbase was fragmented when he started a deeply personal war in the dressing room.

I'm not saying he's a Goebbell's but he's very skillfull and aware of how to create and control narratives out of self preservation once things start going south with him. He's always had the ability to garner a segment of undying support at all his clubs regardless of how he performs on the job
Very true, I made a long post about it a couple months back - his narcissism is textbook and fascinatingly irritating when it happens at your club. Don't know anything about the guy on a personal level, so there's no need to comment on that, but strictly in a professional sense the man can become catastrophically dysfunctional when things start to go a little sour.

Janson

Very true, I made a long post about it a couple months back - his narcissism is textbook and fascinatingly irritating when it happens at your club. Don't know anything about the guy on a personal level, so there's no need to comment on that, but strictly in a professional sense the man can become catastrophically dysfunctional when things start to go a little sour.
But those are the same traits that's made him a winner. That's the gamble you take, and that's what we did.

Janson

It's ok. Jose has lots of admirers. I can understand why Claude would be upset .
Of course, you won't even entertain the idea that a pro also has this view. So you have to make some kind of justification.

Canagel

Of course, you won't even entertain the idea that a pro also has this view. So you have to make some kind of justification.
The list of players and their celebrations is endless but very convenient that Claude would take offense with the player that until last week people (and even still now) had accused of downing tools under his old manager. Again it's totally understandable.

Skills

Snitch
We still haven't seen him score one of his cunted long shots that he was famous for at Juventus. The ridiculously powerful ones where you can't even see the ball.

Posh Red

We still haven't seen him score one of his cunted long shots that he was famous for at Juventus. The ridiculously powerful ones where you can't even see the ball.
The closest I can think of was a half volley against swansea I believe, but you’re right it wasn’t quite a true Pogba special

Rolaholic

It's been a while now but he did have this worldie against Swansea his first season back

I do hope he continues taking chances from outside the box while he's in form. He was a bit unlucky to have his outside the box hat trick attempt saved yesterday but one of those will go in eventually if he keeps at it

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
There was one he scored in the youth team here that was totally ridiculous....about 45 yards out on the left. Swerved all over and went in the top corner. Can't seem to find it on YouTube

DBT85

I like this post more just because the word cnut hasn't been rearranged to make it look like we're 9 years old.

Cloud7

The only silly celebration I recall was Nani doing backflips.
That was an awesome celebration :drool: Very dangerous, but doing a proper backflip from a walking start is very cool.

Cloud7

Pardew danced like a twat
That was an excellent one. Not only was it very entertaining, and up there with my favorite non-football football moments, but it was even sweeter that we shut him up by beating them after :drool:

Janson

The list of players and their celebrations is endless but very convenient that Claude would take offense with the player that until last week people (and even still now) had accused of downing tools under his old manager. Again it's totally understandable.
What is understandable, is that people obviously can't accuse him of racism, so they have to make another connection.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Back from Christmas vacations. Just entered this thread to eat my humble pie about Pogba. Feels tasty, though.

AJ10

Anyone really surprised by his form? forget the goals and assists but the general play is so much better with movement of players, playing one touch football, playing further up the pitch. Who would have thought a player who was bought to do this at United (based on Juve performances) didn't do this when being played 50 yards away from goal, static players around him (well, same players but better attacking tactics or actually basic stuff really. pass and move/ look for space to receive the ball....Revolutionary:eek:) entire team setup to defend in their own half for most of the game etc.

One point everyone missed including the fans and so called "experts" which is.....United didn't pay 90 mil for player with high defensive qualities (a Defensive Midfielder, no one is dumb enough to pay 90 mil for a DM) but a player with high attacking qualities (performed for Juve while having Pirlo and Vidal behind him) but for some reason was expected to perform at Juve level while being played in a defensive setup. Funny how people who wanted to create Click bait stories never focused on this point and now are focusing on his dancing:lol:.

OldTrevil

What is understandable, is that people obviously can't accuse him of racism, so they have to make another connection.
As a general point it's not true that Makelele can't be accused of racism. Black people are also vulnerable to the same racist ideology ingrained in so many aspects of western society.

VivaJesperBlomqvist

If we still had Jose, we would be talking about which club to accept bids from instead of Pogba's scintillating form and resurgence... just a thought.

Thanks Ed for getting the timing right in sacking Jose

MuFc_1992

What was annoying with the whole people wanting Pogba out was everyone was just repeating the talking points made by Pundits on TV and were basing their opinions on stuff like his instagram posts. Hopefully, it teaches people to have more nuance instead of repeating generic lines fed to them by others.

Raven

What was annoying with the whole people wanting Pogba out was everyone was just repeating the talking points made by Pundits on TV and were basing their opinions on stuff like his instagram posts. Hopefully, it teaches people to have more nuance instead of repeating generic lines fed to them by others.
This. If you're going to try and debate whether a player is worthy of United, grand. But when you start regurgitating the poison you heard from Roy Keane or Graeme Souness the night before? You deserve every bit of "I told you so" you get in return.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Will this thread ever not be the worst on the caf?
Just enjoy him playing well, like let's be honest, we all knew he could and all wanted.

Anyone whose first thought is to say 'I told you so' is a bigger twat than whoever wanted him out for nonchalantly fannying about.

LiteralDave

To me, the Spurs match is his first real examination under Ole. He has been the pick of the litter under Ole and deserves all of his praises.

But when the chips are down and United are facing real adversity and a real advisary, what will we see? If he's getting marked out of the match, can he make enough contributions, not get frustrated and be the match winning player he needs to be? He's done it before like he did against City, Spurs last year when he mugged Dembele, but consistent performances at the highest levels against all oppositions are what makes true, world class players. He's not going to be scoring or assisting every match (we wish he could!), but impacting the match in other ways against top teams is crucial to his development and United moving forward under Ole/next permanent manager.

We've seen the worst of Pogba and we're seeing the best. Need the consistency to show up throughout matches and a campaign. I sound critical because I am and because it's a turning point for him and the club. Scary thing is, Pogba can improve. Consistency at his high performance level against all types of competition is his next level, which if he meets it, he will be bona-fide world class. Would love nothing more to see Pogba become world class at United and winning major trophies at the club.

If Pogba continues anywhere near his previous 3 match form for the duration of the season, I dare United not to implement Ole as permanent manager.

So he basically need to help us win every game against all the big clubs for him to be a true world class player? Which other player gets held to such unrealistic standards? In fact what other midfielder in the world is held to such standards?

Reactions: Sultan

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Just enjoy him playing well, like let's be honest, we all knew he could and all wanted.

Anyone whose first thought is to say 'I told you so' is a bigger twat than whoever wanted him out for nonchalantly fannying about.
So you're saying you're at twat

klsv

It's especially weird because there was a lot of people who said that both should go, wasn't a question of one or another.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Hopefully these performances under Ole will teach a thing or two to the type of United fan who wants to bag Pogba at every opportunity and blow smoke up the arses of Liverpool players who have barely featured. I'll not hold my breath though.

MUfreak

I've known it for long that the reason he was not consistent as we expected ala hitting the ground running when he came in was down to the system he found himself, he showed glimpses because he was actually our only outfield player intelligent enough to pull something out his socks when stuffs aren't properly working and got us playing to a certain level, but no one is
consistent round the year 24/7, and in such period of less amazing stint no one else steps up and this just sums up our period under Jose.

His talent was never in doubt. I don't feel sympathy for those who said that he was not good enough to play for us they are clearly fostering an agenda championed by media houses and rival fans who take pleasure in seeing us fail which eventually rubbed off on our own fans so I don't feel nothing for them.

When Sanchez came along the responsibility was expected to be shared by the two but I think that the Manager showed incompetency in handling the team at that time, not that his addition was bad in anyway, considering Martial's new found tempo then, In fact, Sanchez coming here should have got us fixed attacking wise but the manager failed to find a way to get the team happy and working and I still maintain we took long before sacking him by then the shit have hit the fan.

I think the mix of our then manager's tactics or lack of and their vitriol against each other had a lot to do with his outlook on the pitch not that he is bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.